Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Suarez (merged)

Cambridgeblue said:
Blue Haze said:
Liverpool are embarrassing themselves badly now, accusing the victim and defending racist behaviour.

I'm so glad the independent panel didn't buy the flimsy defence 'I called him a negro 18 times it was friendly' BS

Just to be clear he didn't, as far as I am aware call him a negro, rather he called him (if the press are to be believed) a little black man. Negro is Spanish for the colour black, so in Spanish 'un hombre negro' simply means a black man. The word negro (pronounced neh-grow) is not in itself racist, whereas the English negro(e) (pronounced knee-grow) is.

Who gives a shit when what we really want to know is......

Is Jo cup tied?

You know in all the stuff I have read (it hasnt been THAT many articles admittedly) no one had the balls to write what Suarez allegedly said!! Did he call him a French ****??? A Gaul bastard?? A cheese eating surrender monkey?? A ******???

I cannot believe he would be found guilty just on the say so of Evra. If a player is going to be suspended for 8 games, they had better be CERTAIN. It seems Evra has already cried wolf!!!

PC run amok....

Cambridgeblue said:
Blue Haze said:
Liverpool are embarrassing themselves badly now, accusing the victim and defending racist behaviour.

I'm so glad the independent panel didn't buy the flimsy defence 'I called him a negro 18 times it was friendly' BS

Just to be clear he didn't, as far as I am aware call him a negro, rather he called him (if the press are to be believed) a little black man. Negro is Spanish for the colour black, so in Spanish 'un hombre negro' simply means a black man. The word negro (pronounced neh-grow) is not in itself racist, whereas the English negro(e) (pronounced knee-grow) is.

So lets be even clearer. He referred to his race and colour. Why ?

If I travel to Uruguay and work there, the first thing I would do is learn the customs.

Ric said:
Ah right, that justifies it of course.

My point is about hypocrisy. I don't recall there being too many cries of "kick Shawcross out of England" after his tackle which almost ended Ramsey's career. Yet the sum total of Suarez's transgressions seem to be that bite (which to me is pretty pathetic), a handball in a crucial world cup match, and some diving...

Anyway it's clear I'm in the minority in what I think. Before people start calling for me to be kicked out of Bluemoon I think I'll leave it there.

BillyShears said:
Ric said:

My point is about hypocrisy. I don't recall there being too many cries of "kick Shawcross out of England" after his tackle which almost ended Ramsey's career. Yet the sum total of Suarez's transgressions seem to be that bite (which to me is pretty pathetic), a handball in a crucial world cup match, and some diving...

Anyway it's clear I'm in the minority in what I think. Before people start calling for me to be kicked out of Bluemoon I think I'll leave it there.

Plus the finger and now the racism. The sum of his transgressions are far too much for anyone to really give him the benefit of the doubt. Shawcross' tackle was a horrid mistake but he's not committing cultural blunders and spitting on the laws of the game coupled with biting someone.

You dug yourself a hole... And you are wrong.

8 match ban for Suarez. He deserves to miss every minute of it.
A gobshite of a player. No respect at all.

The fact is, that when you're gone, you'll be remembered for the impact you had on the people around.
Football isn't much different, when you retire and slip into irrelevance, you can be left on one side of it or on the other.

You can be remembered as someone who defined football, and have such an impression on the game that even 20 years later you're still talked about as one of the best:
Best, Pele, Maradona, than the likes of Zidane, Ronaldo (the original one) and now Messi.

Some players will be remembered for the characters they brought to the game:
Ronaldo (the other one) Roy Keane, Alan Shearer, Patrick Vieira. All flamboyant characters to say the least.

These are all players people want to talk to, give media jobs to, and there are just some nice guys in the game who will be remembered as just that, top class..not world class by any means, but grafters, and heroes in their own right.
The likes of Shay Given, seems to be the most liked player in football, not just for being an excellent keeper, but, for the work he does outside football as well. He gives back, like a lot of players do, because football has given him that opportunity to do so, a lot of charity work..he really was a pleasure to have at the club while we did.

Or you can let the game run you and define you. Be on the not so popular list.
Let the riches and the fame and the power get to you, and manipulate you.
Terry, Ashley Cole. Both great players but their own wrecking balls at time.

But this fella here, Suarez is out there on his own.
One day, everything he has now will be gone, memories of how good he once was, will be just that, memories.
If he finished his career tomorrow he would be remembered for all the wrong things.
Cheating, biting a player, a complete disregard for fair play by blatantly cheating to knock Ghana out of a World Cup, and now this is added to it.
The list continues to grow, never mind the game to game diving etc.
If it ended tomorrow he would be remembered with bitter hate.

For completely letting his teammates, club, fans down, just the game itself.
And Liverpool are left trying to defend a racist. Not exactly something that would attract many players to the club.

I realize that he has high views of himself and thinks he's all that, when his career ends, he will be remembered for all the wrong things, not for the player he was, or for the ability he thinks he possesses. But in pure hate.

He'd want to grow up and grow up fast, it's ok at home isn't acceptable. He's 24 years old, it's just not good enough.

BillyShears said:
Ric said:

People don't want this type of player in the league. It was the same with tranny. Diving and cheating to the extent that this guy does is not welcome. The fact that he bit somebody during a game just shows that he is a complete moron. The fact that he kicked the back of Kompanys foot, then threw himself on the deck, rolled around and tried to get Vinny a second yellow, is disgusting behavior. I hope he is hounded out of the league, he is a shell of a man.

BillyShears said:
Ric said:

Not some but plenty. You also just noted 3 major fuckups yet disregard them. The biting alone is a disgrace, but hey lets not have facts getting in the way of personal ideals eh.

Each issue is addressed on it's own merrits. I fail to see how you can align a physical challenge to a man telling another he is "insert racist comment here".

You are bad at making your point and your logic appears flawed at best, warped at worst.

Frank the Yank said:
You know in all the stuff I have read (it hasnt been THAT many articles admittedly) no one had the balls to write what Suarez allegedly said!! Did he call him a French ****??? A Gaul bastard?? A cheese eating surrender monkey?? A ******???

I cannot believe he would be found guilty just on the say so of Evra. If a player is going to be suspended for 8 games, they had better be CERTAIN. It seems Evra has already cried wolf!!!

PC run amok....

If you're going to play "The Last Post" after you lower your flag to half mast, at least make sure your facts are correct...

*shakes head*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.