Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Suarez (merged)

The Fat el Hombre said:
moomba said:
Interesting that Liverpools statement refers to his friendships with black players at Uruguay and Ajax, but not Liverpool.

But Liverpool don't really do black players that much do they.

To be fair, the footballing talents of David ngog, momo sissoko, salif diao, titi camara and jimi traore are probably enough to put even the most open minded folk off an entire race of people.

Are you suggesting that Liverpool FC might be prejudiced against fat geordie pissheads as well?

Suarez moved to Holland 5 years ago. A week in a dressing room is enough to know what is acceptable

He was insulting Evra to wind him up, and admits using the term Negrito.

Where is the ambiguity? The only ones complaining are those that don't think racism is important

Sometimes human beings are fallible. Sometimes a human being's capacity for tolerance falls short. If you can honestly say you have never had a racist opinion, never been intolerant of another human being because of their ethnic origin, never formed an antipathy based on some kind of preconception all I can say is you are a better person than me.

Some of the opinions expressed on here - racism cannot be tolerated in any shape or form, is the worst thing ever etc. I find particularly unconvincing. It is as if the authors were trying to disguise their own inadequacies, their own racist tendencies by such absolute statements.

If you were a thief might you not make a tremendous deal condemning all dishonesty to convince others of your innocence? If you had a history of being cruel to animals might you not make a big show of caring for animals to convince others (and yourself) of how you love animals?

I am not a Christian but I do find this appropriate: take the beam out of your own eye before condemning your brother for the speck in his.

gregblag said:
Sometimes human beings are fallible. Sometimes a human being's capacity for tolerance falls short. If you can honestly say you have never had a racist opinion, never been intolerant of another human being because of their ethnic origin, never formed an antipathy based on some kind of preconception all I can say is you are a better person than me.

Some of the opinions expressed on here - racism cannot be tolerated in any shape or form, is the worst thing ever etc. I find particularly unconvincing. It is as if the authors were trying to disguise their own inadequacies, their own racist tendencies by such absolute statements.

If you were a thief might you not make a tremendous deal condemning all dishonesty to convince others of your innocence? If you had a history of being cruel to animals might you not make a big show of caring for animals to convince others (and yourself) of how you love animals?

I am not a Christian but I do find this appropriate: take the beam out of your own eye before condemning your brother for the speck in his.

How very admirable of you.

There will not be a single person on this board that hasn't had, at least, a fleeting racial thought under duress. This is not the case for Suarez.

His taunting was vicious, malicious and repeated over and over.

I do wish people would think of holes in their arguments before contributing.

gregblag said:

I am curious how you come to the conclusion that if you condemn an action you yourself must by definition be guilty of that action because by condemning it you are covering up your own inadequacies.

That is an incredible way of looking at things and basically makes everyone guilty of everything.

By condemning posters for criticising Suarez, is gregblag just covering up his own inadequacies?

gregblag said:

Total bollocks. Theres a world of difference between thinking and acting out. You can think what you like but making the transition between thought and action determines culpability.

Go into a courtroom...think to yourself 'this judge is a right ****'...then try saying it and you'll find out the difference.

Also, fleeting random thoughts do not constitute a belief. I would suggest the fact that someone thinks its ok to make racist remarks actually does.

So, that's over with now........

How many games ban do we think he'll get for giving the finger to the Fulham fans then. Do you think the FA will bottle it and have them run in parallel (or just a fine) or will they go for another 3 game ban on top of the 8?

An obscene gesture to an entire stand would, I think, normally merit a 3 game ban. Adebayor got a suspended 2 match ban for celebrating a goal "excessively".

I think if they add another 3 game ban to the 8 already received you'll be able to hear the wailing from Liverpool in the FA headquarters :)

Bigga said:
gregblag said:

How very admirable of you.

There will not be a single person on this board that hasn't had, at least, a fleeting racial thought under duress. This is not the case for Suarez.

His taunting was vicious, malicious and repeated over and over.

I do wish people would think of holes in their arguments before contributing.

I wasn't thinking of Suarez so much as the posters that "utterly" condemn racism. Without having defined the term either.

For example one form of racism is a scientific one. The Nazis emerged from the beliefs held in scientific circles on evolution, Darwinism. It's utter rubbish in my opinion but enough people took it seriously to take time out to kill millions of people. If you want to defeat something your best strategy is to understand it first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.