Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Suarez (merged)

moomba said:
Saw this on another board, rings pretty true.

Liverpool's defence
*He never said anything.
*But if he did, it wasn't racist.
*If it was racist, he didn't mean it that way and it's cultural difference.

Racist club, racist supporters.
The point people seem to be missing here is that in this country you need to abide by the rules, be they laws or regulations. Suarez has been here long enough to know the difference and if he's just too thick he should have had it pointed out to him in no uncertain terms. This 'cultural difference' bollocks doesnt wash with me..if its acceptable in your own country thats fine...you can deal with the ramifications all on your own. It means something completely different here. Attempting to excuse racism on the grounds of 'I didnt know any better' is laughable. Hopefully this sends out a clear and unequivocal message to those still a bit hazy on what is acceptable and what isnt.

Perhaps the best is yet to come - a failed appeal by Liverpool and an increased ban? Publication of the panel's reasoning, leading to Liverpool backing down when they realise that they do indeed have a racist in their racist midst?
King Kenny realising what racism is and apologising for his, and his club's, appalling lack of respect for everyone else involved in the process, and the wider football loving, law abiding public whom he would happily treat as fools.
Didn't he say not long ago that someone was guilty in this affair and that the guilty person should be called to account for his actions? Well, there doesn't seem to have been any doubt whatever who the guilty party was as far as the panel are concerned, does there Kenny?

Interesting that Liverpools statement refers to his friendships with black players at Uruguay and Ajax, but not Liverpool.

But Liverpool don't really do black players that much do they.

Liverpool fc. are surely just as guilty for not taking racism seriously. Informing foreign players of its seriousness should be of paramount importantance what with the 'kick it out' campaign and all.
Mind you they obviously haven't received the 'respect' memo.

Deserved and actually surprised the FA had the balls to give a ban that long, I honestly expected a one-two match ban.

As for liverpool this highlights their need for another striker and now with this it might nudge them towards plunging into the Jan transfer window though right now I can't think of anyone half decent and english they can spunk £30 million on.

its not so much about having the money as why would people want to come to them.

The 'cultural differences' argument doesn't hold water. He's lived here long enough to know what is and isn't acceptable in this country. You abide by the rules of the country you are living and working in, and in this country his words are not acceptable. If the FA hadn't come down on this, then I've no doubt young Scouse kids would start using the word as a laugh - not sure if the FA take this sort of thing into account.

moomba said:
Interesting that Liverpools statement refers to his friendships with black players at Uruguay and Ajax, but not Liverpool.

But Liverpool don't really do black players that much do they.

To be fair, the footballing talents of David ngog, momo sissoko, salif diao, titi camara and jimi traore are probably enough to put even the most open minded folk off an entire race of people.

malg said:
The 'cultural differences' argument doesn't hold water. He's lived here long enough to know what is and isn't acceptable in this country. You abide by the rules of the country you are living and working in, and in this country his words are not acceptable. If the FA hadn't come down on this, then I've no doubt young Scouse kids would start using the word as a laugh - not sure if the FA take this sort of thing into account.

I agree - If he ( or any player ) goes to play in middle east do they expect to carry on their own cultural lifestyles regardless of what situation they are in ? ....................Try that in Saudi an see how far you get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.