Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Suarez (merged)

Not many black players wearing the Suarez appreciation T-Shirts in the Liverpool team tonight (only Johnson) I think.

baggy said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Andouble said:
is Suarez himself wearing the shirt warming up?

Liverpool as a club have played this entire thing horribly. They look like complete idiots.

Yes he is according to BBC And so is Dalglish

2gv98ud.jpg
Not very life-like. Most of that t-shirt should be taken up by teeth.

Comrade Buka said:
Sabster said:
Is calling someone a "stupid woman" sexism?

If it was not sexist, why the need to point out the sex? If stupid was your point, then why not say: "You're stupid!" If woman was your point, then yes, it is most definitely sexist.

I disagree completely here, a one world insult is simply not powerful or effective an IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT/ARGUMENT (the key here) you look for anything you can to add an extra descriptor to your argument to make it sound more powerful, whether that may be their skin tone, their weight or their sex.

And how do you think people get to the point where they don't give people jobs because of the color of their skin? They wake up one day and decide they don't like <insert color here>. Really?

No I don't, but do we believe that most murderers aren't violent and thus punish all perpetrators of violence as murderers? Of course not.

Just out of curiosity, would you mind defining "repeated abuse?"

Repeated abuse that makes the life of the recipient miserable - i.e. bullying.

Let me illustrate the difference between an "insult" and a "racial slur":

1. He is a cnut.
2. He is a black cnut.

Quick question: if someone called a "white/chinese ****" would anyone shout racism?

If someone called Gareth Bale a "chimp" would anyone shout racism?

Is calling gareth Bale a chimp racist ??? FFS ive heard it all now...

And yes white *****

Chinese ****

Any ethinicity followed by offeding words.... yes thats racism....

sniff said:

And yes white *****

Chinese ****

This thread is going to spiral out of control. Btw that wasn't his question.

sniff said:

And yes white *****

Chinese ****

Fair enough if you agree that if someone calls a white person a white **** then there should be treated just as harshly.

However it is my personal opinion that an a one-off insult should be taken as a heat of the moment thing:

E.g. I am sure many of you have called someone a fat shit etc. However that doesn't make you "fattist" and i am sure you have many overweight friends.

Sabster said:
sniff said:

And yes white *****

Chinese ****

Fair enough if you agree that if someone calls a white person a white **** then there should be treated just as harshly.

However it is my personal opinion that an a one-off insult should be taken as a heat of the moment thing:

E.g. I am sure many of you have called someone a fat shit etc. However that doesn't make you "fattist" and i am sure you have many overweight friends.

Yeah but that's still a personal insult isnt it !!

That specific person is fat and you described him as fat, and a shit. well thats accurate if he is fat and a shit.

If that fat shit is black, then why would you need to say you fat black shit ? since your using the persons race as basis of insult, then yes thats racist.

Surely the person is dick regardless of his/her ethinicity ? Fattist as you call it, is to some extent a personal choice, you cant go on a diet that makes you white/english etc... so what choice do they have ? therfore to call some one based on race alone is really a nob head thing to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.