Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Suarez (merged)

Suarez is a **** but I don't think he is racist although I feel his ban is correct. If he's called Evra a negrito as in 'mate' and that is deemed normal in Uruguay then he isn't racist imo. He needs to understand he's in another part of the world now and things are done and said differently.

I think we need to look at the charge.

It comes in two parts

- E(1) which is using insulting and/or abusive language
- E(2) which is a reference to a persons ethnic origin, race, colour, nationality, faith, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.

Breach of E(1) carries a penalty, breach of E(1) and E(2) carries double that penalty.

So if someone calls someone a white ****, or a cock sucking **** they will also be subject to the same penalties as Suarez.

On the face of it, if the stories about Evra's comments to Suarez are true he will be subject to the same penalty.

moomba said:
I think we need to look at the charge.

It comes in two parts

- E(1) which is using insulting and/or abusive language
- E(2) which is a reference to a persons ethnic origin, race, colour, nationality, faith, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.

Breach of E(1) carries a penalty, breach of E(1) and E(2) carries double that penalty.

So if someone calls someone a white ****, or a cock sucking **** they will also be subject to the same penalties as Suarez.

On the face of it, if the stories about Evra's comments to Suarez are true he will be subject to the same penalty.

So why hasn't Evra been charged at the same time??

And just to further underline Suarez's ignorance of the law, which he well knows, in Holland a Dutch editor has been sacked for called Rhianna a n*gger b*itch in an article or interview, I believe.

Racism is clearly not tolerated in Holland where Suarez played for some years.

Sabster said:
Comrade Buka said:
Sabster said:
Is calling someone a "stupid woman" sexism?

If it was not sexist, why the need to point out the sex? If stupid was your point, then why not say: "You're stupid!" If woman was your point, then yes, it is most definitely sexist.

I disagree completely here, a one world insult is simply not powerful or effective an IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT/ARGUMENT (the key here) you look for anything you can to add an extra descriptor to your argument to make it sound more powerful, whether that may be their skin tone, their weight or their sex.

And how do you think people get to the point where they don't give people jobs because of the color of their skin? They wake up one day and decide they don't like <insert color here>. Really?

No I don't, but do we believe that most murderers aren't violent and thus punish all perpetrators of violence as murderers? Of course not.

Just out of curiosity, would you mind defining "repeated abuse?"

Repeated abuse that makes the life of the recipient miserable - i.e. bullying.

<snip>
If someone called Gareth Bale a "chimp" would anyone shout racism?
Actually, that would be speciesism (word?) and definitely unfair to chimpanzees.

Re: Re: Suarez (merged)

The Evra thing is just speculation at this stage, and only came to light as a result of the Suarez tribunal.

I think we'll know more when the written reasons are published but if he said what has been reported I think he might be in trouble.

Diving little shit and now also a racist, their just seems to be endless reasons not to like Suarez unless you support liverpool.

Also, thought this might be appropriate:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqbgMX5AmMY[/youtube]

Sabster said:
Fair enough if you agree that if someone calls a white person a white **** then there should be treated just as harshly.

However it is my personal opinion that an a one-off insult should be taken as a heat of the moment thing

the only flaw in your argument is that suarez used that 'one off insult' to Evra at least 10 times during the game.

baggy said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Andouble said:
is Suarez himself wearing the shirt warming up?

Liverpool as a club have played this entire thing horribly. They look like complete idiots.

Yes he is according to BBC And so is Dalglish

2gv98ud.jpg

And the biggest cheat in football

Sabster said:
I disagree completely here, a one world insult is simply not powerful or effective an IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT/ARGUMENT (the key here) you look for anything you can to add an extra descriptor to your argument to make it sound more powerful, whether that may be their skin tone, their weight or their sex.

That's the whole point Sabster. In the heat of the moment is not an argument that holds in any court. Losing your temper is not an excuse to behave any way you like and later use it as an excuse. To use another more common example: Why did Steve beat up that kid? He was drunk (not in control of what he was saying or doing).

If drinking causes you to beat up other people: Don't drink.

If football causes you to racially abuse other people: Don't play football.

It is not exactly rocket science...

Sabster said:
No I don't, but do we believe that most murderers aren't violent and thus punish all perpetrators of violence as murderers? Of course not.

Not quite sure I follow your reasoning on that one. My point was however, that racism thinking and actions, such as denying a person a job is built within an entire culture. Over time. And one of the building blocks is people insulting another race.

Sabster said:
Repeated abuse that makes the life of the recipient miserable - i.e. bullying.

Ok, I can see you honestly believe what you say, so I will respect it as such. To hypothesize about your argument: Following your logic - if one person says something racist one time, it is not racist. What if a thousand people say the same thing to the same person one time each? Over a time of, let's say a month?

Sabster said:
Quick question: if someone called a "white/chinese ****" would anyone shout racism?

A Chinese, most likely. A white person, maybe not so much. Since whites typically do not really understand what racism means given they have never been on the receiving end of it. Is it racism per definition though? Yes.

Sabster said:
If someone called Gareth Bale a "chimp" would anyone shout racism?

No they would not. That is bullying. If he was black and someone called him a "black monkey", now that's an entirely different story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.