Savic and his all round game

I think he's technically a good player, good on the deck and brave.

Positionally and decision making need work. Lescott was berating him yesterday for not holding the line and playing Defoe onside.

Center back is all about experience. The difficulty City have is we cannot afford to lose any games, which means no mistakes, no risks at the back, teams playing us like it's their cup final. As soon as VK and Kolo are back, that will be it for Stefan. So how does he get the experience?....That will be the problem for City, especially for the Center Back position where a mistake can be so costly and experience everything.

I believe he could develop into a decent centre half. At the moment, though, he worries me. His poor control in the last few minutes nearly cost us the game.

I know Micah is a great threat down the right for us, but I'd be tempted to shift him to centre back and Zab to right back on Wednesday.

Frank Spencer of Centre halves. The thought of having him start another 3 games with Lescott likely to get a retrospective ban scares the life out of me. Responisble for at least 1 goal in every game hes started in so far pretty much.

Ntini77 said:
I believe he could develop into a decent centre half. At the moment, though, he worries me. His poor control in the last few minutes nearly cost us the game.

I know Micah is a great threat down the right for us, but I'd be tempted to shift him to centre back and Zab to right back on Wednesday.

Was thinking the same, totally agree there mate.

Savic needs to be loaned out for me to gain confidence and experience when we have enough cover. He has the potential to be a very decent player don't get me wrong. However, we can ill afford a liability in the side at the moment in this crucial stage of the season.

RandomJ said:
Josh Blue said:
If Hart didnt come charging out does everyone think Defoe would of still scored?

Yes.

No for me but opinions aside im sure we can all agree that hart allowed defoe to round him and then was out of position.
If he had stood strong he could have at least tried to parry the shot.

I think the whole thing was a bit unfortunate. Hart has the class to not worry about a single mistake but I agree with some of the other people on here that Savic's bottle went - understandabley.

RodneysMarsh said:
I think he's technically a good player, good on the deck and brave.

Positionally and decision making need work. Lescott was berating him yesterday for not holding the line and playing Defoe onside.

Center back is all about experience. The difficulty City have is we cannot afford to lose any games, which means no mistakes, no risks at the back, teams playing us like it's their cup final. As soon as VK and Kolo are back, that will be it for Stefan. So how does he get the experience?....That will be the problem for City, especially for the Center Back position where a mistake can be so costly and experience everything.
I thought that was a bit rich of Lescott, seeing as he was partly at fault for ball watching on the same play.

Lescott was ball watching in no man's land when Kaboul got hold of the ball. Defoe, who he closed down a few seconds earlier, when it seemed he might get a pass, moved past him yet he stood there like a fan watching what was going to transpire :(

He's no where near ready or good enough AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME. whether he improves in time is a matter of debate and is pure guess work anyway. he has to improve a hell of a lot for me. very suspect indeed. At fault for Defoes goal (although i think Joe HArt has to share some blame, very rash) and nearly cost us by losing possesion in the run up to Defoes miss. Simply not good enough, at present.

Firstly, the lad is young and i will always support him when hes wearing the blue shirt.

Secondly, i hope it never comes to that again because he is clearly not ever going to be a premier league footballer. In pre season he looked woeful. Then he didnt play a proper game until Villareal away in the champs league and that was possibly the easiest and most comfortable game of football ive ever seen city play. That game was followed by QPR away where we were very fortunate to come away with anything never mind the 3 points. Why? Because Savic was dire. So many chances for QPR to score came from his bad decision making/ awful positioning. A better side would of buried us that day. Then.. Liverpool at home, cost us one goal, should of been two when Carroll turned him ridiculously easily.

At this point im thinking, what more does this lad have to do before Mancini realises he cannot play again regardless of injuries/ suspensions. Then yesterday, costs us the first goal and should of cost us all 3 points but for Defoe's awful miss as he gave the ball away stupidly on the half way line. He could of cost us the premier league title yesterday.

Dont buy into the whole he had a good opening 45 minutes lark, spurs were awful in the first 45 and offered nothing. the fact is every time he plays you know hes got at least one serious error a game in him. so it doesnt matter whether he has a good 89 minutes. its the one moment thats crucial.

When Onouha, Richards & Boyata were young we used to think these lads are very raw but they have huge potential. None of them have ever made as serious a mistake as Savic yesterday. Theres just no explanation, it wasnt unlucky or rash it was just something no premier league footballer would do. Savic hasnt done one thing to suggest hes got any potential at all. There is no worse defender anywhere in the premier league. Arsene Wenger rejected the chance to sign him and if a central defender isnt impressing him, given the shite hes signed, you know hes bad.

Rant over #pleaseseesenseroberto

Matt.D said:
Firstly, the lad is young and i will always support him when hes wearing the blue shirt.

Secondly, i hope it never comes to that again because he is clearly not ever going to be a premier league footballer. In pre season he looked woeful. Then he didnt play a proper game until Villareal away in the champs league and that was possibly the easiest and most comfortable game of football ive ever seen city play. That game was followed by QPR away where we were very fortunate to come away with anything never mind the 3 points. Why? Because Savic was dire. So many chances for QPR to score came from his bad decision making/ awful positioning. A better side would of buried us that day. Then.. Liverpool at home, cost us one goal, should of been two when Carroll turned him ridiculously easily.

At this point im thinking, what more does this lad have to do before Mancini realises he cannot play again regardless of injuries/ suspensions. Then yesterday, costs us the first goal and should of cost us all 3 points but for Defoe's awful miss as he gave the ball away stupidly on the half way line. He could of cost us the premier league title yesterday.

Dont buy into the whole he had a good opening 45 minutes lark, spurs were awful in the first 45 and offered nothing. the fact is every time he plays you know hes got at least one serious error a game in him. so it doesnt matter whether he has a good 89 minutes. its the one moment thats crucial.

When Onouha, Richards & Boyata were young we used to think these lads are very raw but they have huge potential. None of them have ever made as serious a mistake as Savic yesterday. Theres just no explanation, it wasnt unlucky or rash it was just something no premier league footballer would do. Savic hasnt done one thing to suggest hes got any potential at all. There is no worse defender anywhere in the premier league. Arsene Wenger rejected the chance to sign him and if a central defender isnt impressing him, given the shite hes signed, you know hes bad.

Off my head. Boyatta's red card 5 minutes into playing Arsenal. Boyata's body check of Drogba in the box that should have been a Penalty against Chelsea. All young and old players make mistakes. That you seem to only remember them selectively- is a problem for you - Not them!

Dax777 said:
Matt.D said:

Off my head. Boyatta's red card 5 minutes into playing Arsenal. Boyata's body check of Drogba in the box that should have been a Penalty against Chelsea. All young and old players make mistakes. That you seem to only remember them selectively- is a problem for you - Not them!

Yeah Boyata against Arsenal, he brought down Chamakh, was stupid so early. If he lets him go , he goes through and probably scores. Yes we would rather take that chance and play the rest of the game with 11 men. That mistake, was down to age and rashness. You telling me Savic's yesterday was the same? He was unchallenged, its inexcusable. And its happening every single game. Boyata vs Savic there is no comparison and anyone who thinks otherwise is looking through blue tinted specs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.