Savic Loan To Wolves

a season long loan will do him good.....he is very good on ball but needs to buff up and be agressive

ForzaMancini said:
prairiemoon said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Have you even watched city before this season, kompany was amazing in his first season (at a similar age to savic), lescott was solid in his first year and richards took one game to establish himself (he was class on his debut against charlton), savic has been fucking shite every game he has played bar munich reserve side if he was a united player everyone would be taking the piss. We have rekik and boyata who are both better players who deserve a chance.

-- Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:33 pm --

When will he ever have the chance to week in week out with us when he makes mistake after mistake. Evans is solid not amazing but is a reliable player which is why hes played most games this seasom for united it is a completely different situation from savic who looks like hes a division 2 player playing in our side.
With all respect, I call BULLSHIT!

Lescott has conceded more goals that anyone at City since signing. A handful last season alone. Selective fucking memory much?

Savic played a great game against Fulham. Re watch it.

Lescott was amazing for us last season.
Yes, he was but he was not "solid" by any means his first season.

There is no use denying that Joleon conceded a number of goals(own goals included) this past season.

prairiemoon said:
There is no use denying that Joleon conceded a number of goals(own goals included) this past season.

Lescott has been the best central defender in the country this season bar none. He has made mistakes, as all defenders do but certainly not more than Vinny or any other top defender.

He has been a star but gets no respect.

Oh & Savic has not played a great game against anybody. He has been mostly ok when not asked to do anything difficult. If he has to actually defend, he is dog shit.

CTID101 said:
I honestly cannot believe that "City Fans" can actually be slagging this lad off.

If we had signed him 5yrs ago and he is now 26 and still not done nothing then fair enough he hasn't done anything but the lad has come in from a completely different league to be blocked by 2 of the finest CB's in the prem.

In his few games he may not have shown much but give the lad a fucking chance.

Mancini and the scouting team are paid to make decisions and they made on on this lad so until proven otherwise how about trying to support him a little rather than banging on about how he has done this and hasnt done that.

Can you explain to me why we should give Savic a chance & not someone else ?

I take it you think he is the best young defender we have at the club or the best that we could possibly get ?

I'd loan him out for a season at a lower level and monitor his performances questioning whether he shows the ability to be promoted to our squad next season challenging for a place in the team and then sort out his future from there.

I think a move to Wolves wouldn't be a bad idea because they'd be chasing promotion back to the premier league and he would be asked to do a lot of defending. Also, he'd be played in his favoured centre half position rather than make-shift right back which may provide a clearer vision of his strengths and weaknesses.

There is no point in writing off a player who is as young as Stefan. The pace and physical nature of the premier league is very different to where he came from so we should make allowances for him to adjust at a lower level and see if that adaptation process helps.

wow comparing lescott to savic some of you need your head testing......

lescott was a top quality defender last season there is no argument surly!

leewill31 said:

That's true, but he did have some errors, and that's my only point. Even the best have errors.

prairiemoon said:
leewill31 said:

That's true, but he did have some errors, and that's my only point. Even the best have errors.

Lescott had some real howlers in his first season. When Kolo was suspended and we were left with Lescott I wasnt sure we would get top 4, yes he came through but only with a run of games , which Savic hasnt had yet.

After a loan year then we can say Savic has no shot.
Neville Kneville said:
CTID101 said:
I honestly cannot believe that "City Fans" can actually be slagging this lad off.

If we had signed him 5yrs ago and he is now 26 and still not done nothing then fair enough he hasn't done anything but the lad has come in from a completely different league to be blocked by 2 of the finest CB's in the prem.

Mancini and the scouting team are paid to make decisions and they made on on this lad so until proven otherwise how about trying to support him a little rather than banging on about how he has done this and hasnt done that.

I take it you think he is the best young defender we have at the club or the best that we could possibly get ?

Mr Knoxville why aree you so angry with Savic? You have exploded on this thread challenging anyeont that wont admit Savic is terrible.

These names. Vidic, Evra, Lescott, Richards, are all players that have greatly improve since their first match at their current clubs. And whats it hurt to let him get a years experience?

Neville Kneville said:
CTID101 said:

I'm sorry, but this is bullshit. Savic is a young player that has played some good games and equally, some bad games where his mistakes were quite costly. Do you honestly expect him to not make any mistakes at such a young age in a position where a slight judgement of error can be quite costly? He is by no means a finished product, and should thus be treated so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.