Savic Loan To Wolves

On what fucking planet can someone look at Savic & say he's got a better chance of being a centre back than Micah Richards ?

This is absolute fucking shite of the highest order & it's what does my head in about this bloke. People are just bullshitting about him without any kind of evidence to back it up.

I would LOVE to see him turn into the next Dave Watson but anybody with half a brain can see that he hasn't shown any special qualities so far to suggest that he will. If he does, then great, give him some praise, but stop telling lies.

Micah Richards has played centre back against some of the best strikers in the world, in a vastly inferior team than the present one, & done it perfectly. Savic has NEVER done anything of the sort at any level ANYWHERE.

If he had, I would be happy for him to get games for City next season.

Savic isn't meant to play center back, he plays the ball bringing it out like a center half. Do you know the difference?

It's an effort to link defense to attack, and he does it very well.

I believe it was Fulham last February where he was brilliant in this role.

Can we just let the guy play week-in week-out before we decide whether he has the potential to be world class or not? For what its worth, if Mancini was happy enough to spend 7 million on him then I value Mancini's judgements above anyone elses. He has obviously seen something in him so lets loan him out and give him a chance. Look at Evans at the rags, he was a bag of shit too and last season he had a good season after his red card against us.

mancity1 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
mancity1 said:
He made less mistakes than Micah Richards did in his first season in the equivalent number of games and I recall he had few friends on this forum for quite a while.

The same was said about Vidic and Evra as well.

It will not be easy for him to cement a place in our side at centre back because we will be strengthening our defense in those areas if not in the summer then in the following summer but to say he will never be good enough to play is naive at best.

-- Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:16 am --

Harts distribution is nowhere near some of the best in the premier league and he needs to improve on that year on year and he will.
Richards never made the mistakes savic made he was amazing when he came into our side. If it was only 1 or 2 mistakes that savic would have made I would give him the benefit of the doubt but its every game even boyata whose first games was against fucking united had a solid game in CC smi final whereas savic had to be taken of at anfield. Just because hes young doesn't mean he will be any good and go on to be a great defender. Every time he gets the ball I shit it what do you think his teamates think.

I don't his passing is good , his positioning at times was dodgy but while Richards will never make a centre back and will only occupy this position if required Savic can play both.

As for Anfield it wasn't a glorious 45 minutes for Savic but his three errors were not punished and the handball on Richards was a poor refs decision.

Subbing him didn't improve our fortunes in the second period in fact Liverpool had more shots on target and off target in the second 45 than they did in the first.

To say he was a weak link in every game he played is a bit over the top.

It's taken Richards a number of years to establish himself and to write off Savic after the few games he has played is too premature.

Kompany and Lescott didn't exactly set the world on fire in their first season at City and they had a lot more experience at international and premiership / better leagues level than had Savic when the joined us.
Have you even watched city before this season, kompany was amazing in his first season (at a similar age to savic), lescott was solid in his first year and richards took one game to establish himself (he was class on his debut against charlton), savic has been fucking shite every game he has played bar munich reserve side if he was a united player everyone would be taking the piss. We have rekik and boyata who are both better players who deserve a chance.

-- Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:33 pm --

ForzaMancini said:
Can we just let the guy play week-in week-out before we decide whether he has the potential to be world class or not? For what its worth, if Mancini was happy enough to spend 7 million on him then I value Mancini's judgements above anyone elses. He has obviously seen something in him so lets loan him out and give him a chance. Look at Evans at the rags, he was a bag of shit too and last season he had a good season after his red card against us.
When will he ever have the chance to week in week out with us when he makes mistake after mistake. Evans is solid not amazing but is a reliable player which is why hes played most games this seasom for united it is a completely different situation from savic who looks like hes a division 2 player playing in our side.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:35 pm --<br /><br />
prairiemoon said:
Savic isn't meant to play center back, he plays the ball bringing it out like a center half. Do you know the difference?

It's an effort to link defense to attack, and he does it very well.

I believe it was Fulham last February where he was brilliant in this role.
Hes a cb who cant defend

Neville Kneville said:
On what fucking planet can someone look at Savic & say he's got a better chance of being a centre back than Micah Richards ?

This is absolute fucking shite of the highest order & it's what does my head in about this bloke. People are just bullshitting about him without any kind of evidence to back it up.

I would LOVE to see him turn into the next Dave Watson but anybody with half a brain can see that he hasn't shown any special qualities so far to suggest that he will. If he does, then great, give him some praise, but stop telling lies.

Micah Richards has played centre back against some of the best strikers in the world, in a vastly inferior team than the present one, & done it perfectly. Savic has NEVER done anything of the sort at any level ANYWHERE.

If he had, I would be happy for him to get games for City next season.
100% this fuck knows how anybody can argue with this

greasedupdeafguy said:
mancity1 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Richards never made the mistakes savic made he was amazing when he came into our side. If it was only 1 or 2 mistakes that savic would have made I would give him the benefit of the doubt but its every game even boyata whose first games was against fucking united had a solid game in CC smi final whereas savic had to be taken of at anfield. Just because hes young doesn't mean he will be any good and go on to be a great defender. Every time he gets the ball I shit it what do you think his teamates think.

I don't his passing is good , his positioning at times was dodgy but while Richards will never make a centre back and will only occupy this position if required Savic can play both.

As for Anfield it wasn't a glorious 45 minutes for Savic but his three errors were not punished and the handball on Richards was a poor refs decision.

Subbing him didn't improve our fortunes in the second period in fact Liverpool had more shots on target and off target in the second 45 than they did in the first.

It's taken Richards a number of years to establish himself and to write off Savic after the few games he has played is too premature.

Kompany and Lescott didn't exactly set the world on fire in their first season at City and they had a lot more experience at international and premiership / better leagues level than had Savic when the joined us.
Have you even watched city before this season, kompany was amazing in his first season (at a similar age to savic), lescott was solid in his first year and richards took one game to establish himself (he was class on his debut against charlton), savic has been fucking shite every game he has played bar munich reserve side if he was a united player everyone would be taking the piss. We have rekik and boyata who are both better players who deserve a chance.

ForzaMancini said:
When will he ever have the chance to week in week out with us when he makes mistake after mistake. Evans is solid not amazing but is a reliable player which is why hes played most games this seasom for united it is a completely different situation from savic who looks like hes a division 2 player playing in our side.
With all respect, I call BULLSHIT!

Lescott has conceded more goals that anyone at City since signing. A handful last season alone. Selective fucking memory much?

Savic played a great game against Fulham. Re watch it.

prairiemoon said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
mancity1 said:

ForzaMancini said:
When will he ever have the chance to week in week out with us when he makes mistake after mistake. Evans is solid not amazing but is a reliable player which is why hes played most games this seasom for united it is a completely different situation from savic who looks like hes a division 2 player playing in our side.

Lescott has conceded more goals that anyone at City since signing. A handful last season alone. Selective fucking memory much?

Lescott wasn't great last season but I cant remember any major mistakes in his first season apart from when we beat arsenal 4-2 and van persie got away from him to easily ( probably did have a few more like any player) but savic jeses christ where to fucking start he fucked twie against spurs, has shockers in the both semis, gave away the ball against swansea for the goal and just in general looks uncomfortable whenever he gets the ball.

prairiemoon said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
mancity1 said:

ForzaMancini said:

Lescott was amazing for us last season.

greasedupdeafguy said:
prairiemoon said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Lescott wasn't great last season but I cant remember any major mistakes in his first season apart from when we beat arsenal 4-2 and van persie got away from him to easily ( probably did have a few more like any player) but savic jeses christ where to fucking start he fucked twie against spurs, has shockers in the both semis, gave away the ball against swansea for the goal and just in general looks uncomfortable whenever he gets the ball.
I agree, he does look like a nervous chicken. I'll keep mentioning Fulham. He brought it out beautifully. Head up, alert, looking like he might pass at any moment. No one came near him, they probably didn't want to leave their man, but this let him bring it well out into the attacking third and pass directly to our forwards! This, when everyone was crying about the ponderous midfield not linking defense to attack quickly enough.

I think he'll come good and play that role excellently. We could actually become known for a lethal counterattack. It'd be nice to have another trick in the bag.

A season on loan will be good for him and us.

I honestly cannot believe that "City Fans" can actually be slagging this lad off.

If we had signed him 5yrs ago and he is now 26 and still not done nothing then fair enough he hasn't done anything but the lad has come in from a completely different league to be blocked by 2 of the finest CB's in the prem.

In his few games he may not have shown much but give the lad a fucking chance.

Mancini and the scouting team are paid to make decisions and they made on on this lad so until proven otherwise how about trying to support him a little rather than banging on about how he has done this and hasnt done that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.