Savic Loan To Wolves

some people are only happy if they have got players to slag off - rather than encouraging and accepting that players can improve after only a handful of games, such people just like to be bitter and nasty, give the kid a PROPER chance

Neville Kneville said:
CTID101 said:
I honestly cannot believe that "City Fans" can actually be slagging this lad off.

If we had signed him 5yrs ago and he is now 26 and still not done nothing then fair enough he hasn't done anything but the lad has come in from a completely different league to be blocked by 2 of the finest CB's in the prem.

In his few games he may not have shown much but give the lad a fucking chance.

Mancini and the scouting team are paid to make decisions and they made on on this lad so until proven otherwise how about trying to support him a little rather than banging on about how he has done this and hasnt done that.

Can you explain to me why we should give Savic a chance & not someone else ?

I take it you think he is the best young defender we have at the club or the best that we could possibly get ?
Who else should be given the chance?

Boyata played very well when he came in but his games would be limited so he was out on loan. Rekik is far too young to be playing in the prem at all imo however his performances last season may mean he gets a game time.

He is the best young defender at the club otherwise Mancini wouldn't be using him.
Why does everything have to be the best?

Train said:
Neville Kneville said:
CTID101 said:
I honestly cannot believe that "City Fans" can actually be slagging this lad off.

If we had signed him 5yrs ago and he is now 26 and still not done nothing then fair enough he hasn't done anything but the lad has come in from a completely different league to be blocked by 2 of the finest CB's in the prem.

Mancini and the scouting team are paid to make decisions and they made on on this lad so until proven otherwise how about trying to support him a little rather than banging on about how he has done this and hasnt done that.

I take it you think he is the best young defender we have at the club or the best that we could possibly get ?

I'm sorry, but this is bullshit. Savic is a young player that has played some good games and equally, some bad games where his mistakes were quite costly. Do you honestly expect him to not make any mistakes at such a young age in a position where a slight judgement of error can be quite costly? He is by no means a finished product, and should thus be treated so.

Which particular aspects of his game make you think he will be better than Ben Mee for example?

CTID101 said:
Neville Kneville said:
CTID101 said:

Who else should be given the chance?

Boyata played very well when he came in but his games would be limited so he was out on loan. Rekik is far too young to be playing in the prem at all imo however his performances last season may mean he gets a game time.

He is the best young defender at the club otherwise Mancini wouldn't be using him.
Why does everything have to be the best?

And there lies the problem

You're all still thinking like mid table 'likkle City' fans.

They have to be as close to the best as possible because we are the Champions & we are trying to win the Premier League. If a kid is going to play for our team, he should be an exceptional talent, not someone who 'might be ok if we give him a few games'. And he's not even a kid for fucks sake! He just plays like one!

You are thinking of going back to being mediocre rather than getting better.

Let him sod off out of the way & learn to play, then if he's good enough next year, he can come back.

What is wrong with that ? we have to lose games to prove he's shit, just to give him a chance ? Bollocks.

He would've played better if with kompany,Savic like lescott needs a leader next to him,him and lescott were both lookin for leadership at anfield in semi final,that's not a knock on them.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:36 am --<br /><br />He's won 3 league titles in 3 seasons in 3 different countries as well,he'll improve hopefully with a loan move,look at improvement of Richards and clichy at defending.

Seosa said:
Neville Kneville acting like the Token **** as usual...

Why is that insult neccessary ?

I've given a perfectly good reason for my views on Savic & so far I haven't seen any replies which tell me how sticking him in the team benefits MCFC, only how it benefits Savic.

If you have a reasonable argument for how playing Savic in our team is a better option than signing & playing someone better, why don't you give us the benefit of that wisdom?

Or is talking about football beyond your capability ?

Neville Kneville said:
Seosa said:
Neville Kneville acting like the Token **** as usual...

Why is that insult neccessary ?

I've given a perfectly good reason for my views on Savic & so far I haven't seen any replies which tell me how sticking him in the team benefits MCFC, only how it benefits Savic.

If you have a reasonable argument for how playing Savic in our team is a better option than signing & playing someone better, why don't you give us the benefit of that wisdom?

Or is talking about football beyond your capability ?
I think you're being too harsh on Savic, in an ideal world he is our 4th choice CB but Kolo was out for ACON when we had a crisis. I agree we need a better 3rd choice but no reason why Savic couldn't have had a few home games against lower PL teams who were parking the bus at the Etihad or some early round CC or FA (excluding the scum aberration this year).

Look at the list of medals John O'Gay and Wes Orange have. FFS even Evans has 2 PL and CC winners medals.

We need some squad players not on huge wages who can step in for 'easier' games to rest our key players. The idea of signing, for example, Silva and Hummels and having them or Lescott sat on the bench isn't going to work with FFPR (or with payers ego's either).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.