Savic Loan To Wolves

greasedupdeafguy said:
whalley ranger said:
I can't understand some of the vitriol on this thread. The comparisons to other players of his age are meaningless.
We loaned Joe Hart to the brum for a year, and that didn't turn out too bad.
Joe hart is actually a good player though
Who also made some ludicrous mistakes when younger. At least one of our most valuable players in last season's squad was a train wreck his first season.

taconinja said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
whalley ranger said:
I can't understand some of the vitriol on this thread. The comparisons to other players of his age are meaningless.
Who also made some ludicrous mistakes when younger. At least one of our most valuable players in last season's squad was a train wreck his first season.

But Joe Hart was signed by City because of his obvious, outstanding talent. Balotelli was signed by City because of his obvious outstanding talent. Savic has been brought in from nowhere & given a shirt in the best team in the Premier League for doing absolutley fuck all & then proved to be a liability. He wouldn't have got a game for Pearce's City, as he would have been behind Dunne, Ned & Richards so what the fuck is he doing playing in Mancini's team ?

He should never have been anywhere near our team without doing something to deserve it. People would kill to wear that shirt & he gets it handed to him in preference to our own reserve players who are better than him. Ridiculous.

taconinja said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
whalley ranger said:
What are you on about Hart hardly ever made any mistakes fucking stupid to compare the two.

Our scouts may have been questionable in the distant days but since the takeover we have not been using mugs.

Some players find it hard to adjust to the rigours of the premiership but Savic is no mug.

He will be a stalwart in our back four in years to come given the right amount of mentoring and opportunity , nothing can be more certain.

Those bagging him are too quick to jump to conclusions which more often than not are proved to be the wrong ones.

mancity1 said:
Our scouts may have been questionable in the distant days but since the takeover we have not been using mugs.

Some players find it hard to adjust to the rigours of the premiership but Savic is no mug.

He will be a stalwart in our back four in years to come given the right amount of mentoring and opportunity , nothing can be more certain.

Those bagging him are too quick to jump to conclusions which more often than not are proved to be the wrong ones.
No he wont sometimes you just have to say we got it wrong, at this level hes out of his depth I could see him doing a job in the championship and maybe a few years playing for a mid table prem team but he will NEVER in a million years good enough for us.

greasedupdeafguy said:
taconinja said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
What are you on about Hart hardly ever made any mistakes fucking stupid to compare the two.
Two sentences. Two players. As good as Hart is, he still makes odd distribution errors. As far as being disastrous first season, that was Lescott. Lots of us wrong about him thankfully.

greasedupdeafguy said:
mancity1 said:

No he wont sometimes you just have to say we got it wrong, at this level hes out of his depth I could see him doing a job in the championship and maybe a few years playing for a mid table prem team but he will NEVER in a million years good enough for us.

He made less mistakes than Micah Richards did in his first season in the equivalent number of games and I recall he had few friends on this forum for quite a while.

The same was said about Vidic and Evra as well.

It will not be easy for him to cement a place in our side at centre back because we will be strengthening our defense in those areas if not in the summer then in the following summer but to say he will never be good enough to play is naive at best.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:16 am --<br /><br />
taconinja said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
taconinja said:
Two sentences. Two players. As good as Hart is, he still makes odd distribution errors. As far as being disastrous first season, that was Lescott. Lots of us wrong about him thankfully.

Harts distribution is nowhere near some of the best in the premier league and he needs to improve on that year on year and he will.

mancity1 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
mancity1 said:

He made less mistakes than Micah Richards did in his first season in the equivalent number of games and I recall he had few friends on this forum for quite a while.

It will not be easy for him to cement a place in our side at centre back because we will be strengthening our defense in those areas if not in the summer then in the following summer but to say he will never be good enough to play is naive at best.

-- Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:16 am --

taconinja said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Harts distribution is nowhere near some of the best in the premier league and he needs to improve on that year on year and he will.
Richards never made the mistakes savic made he was amazing when he came into our side. If it was only 1 or 2 mistakes that savic would have made I would give him the benefit of the doubt but its every game even boyata whose first games was against fucking united had a solid game in CC smi final whereas savic had to be taken of at anfield. Just because hes young doesn't mean he will be any good and go on to be a great defender. Every time he gets the ball I shit it what do you think his teamates think.

greasedupdeafguy said:
mancity1 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

It will not be easy for him to cement a place in our side at centre back because we will be strengthening our defense in those areas if not in the summer then in the following summer but to say he will never be good enough to play is naive at best.

-- Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:16 am --

taconinja said:

Richards never made the mistakes savic made he was amazing when he came into our side. If it was only 1 or 2 mistakes that savic would have made I would give him the benefit of the doubt but its every game even boyata whose first games was against fucking united had a solid game in CC smi final whereas savic had to be taken of at anfield. Just because hes young doesn't mean he will be any good and go on to be a great defender. Every time he gets the ball I shit it what do you think his teamates think.

I don't his passing is good , his positioning at times was dodgy but while Richards will never make a centre back and will only occupy this position if required Savic can play both.

As for Anfield it wasn't a glorious 45 minutes for Savic but his three errors were not punished and the handball on Richards was a poor refs decision.

Subbing him didn't improve our fortunes in the second period in fact Liverpool had more shots on target and off target in the second 45 than they did in the first.

To say he was a weak link in every game he played is a bit over the top.

It's taken Richards a number of years to establish himself and to write off Savic after the few games he has played is too premature.

Kompany and Lescott didn't exactly set the world on fire in their first season at City and they had a lot more experience at international and premiership / better leagues level than had Savic when the joined us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.