Savic Loan To Wolves

Neville. Still waiting to hear who this exceptional talent is?

Also Richards would be wasted at CB. He is a built modern day full back.

That RB from Portugal is good but he wont displace Richards or Zaba so whats the point?

Neville Kneville said:
NipHolmes said:
Imo Savic should be fucked off asap. Part of a deal to bring in a better player.

He looks like an imposter and if I hear the 'I'll trust the manager that won the league' statement I'll go mad. Fergie won things for years yet brought Kleberson etc.

Kompany cost less than Savic btw.

I'd personally look for English talent, Cahill would have been perfect and costs the same as Savic. We need to buy British for quota which allows us to have a space free for foreign stars like Cavani.

-- Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:01 pm --

How about Richards at RB and buy Pererra of Portugal for RB. A quality playet who's apparently about to be sold for 4mill ish. Rotate him with Zaba and have Richards as successor to Lescott in a year or so. Lescott could cover LB when needed and Richards RB when needed. Very versatile backline.

This makes sense & saves me having to answer the posts above.

Richards had great games at CB v people like Henry when he was younger than Savic, & played week in week out at a high standard there, is lightning fast, strong as an ox & can head a ball better than most at the club yet some are comparing the two! Incredible.

Rekik looks like a fantastic prospect to possibly play there in the future, perhaps even to get a game this season.

I've no problem with Savic going out on loan 1st though.

-- Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:33 pm --

Keith Moon said:
Neville Kneville said:
But Savic does not have any particular attributes to suggest that he's going to be better than or even as good as any of those players.

Why don't we try to find some young player who looks like they are going to be brilliant at the job & give them the opportunity instead ?

He looks terrible for Montenegro when he plays for them & gets pushed out to fullback. We haven't bid for the guys who play CB for Montenegro, who are currently better than him, because we know they are not good enough for City, yet we've signed a bloke who can't hold down that spot in their team & stuck him in the Premier League Champions team.

I find it baffling.

Savic has the same agent as de Rossi, a mate of Mancini..

That explains it.

It's also complete bollocks.

Savic's agent is Zoran Stojadinović.

Also, I personally feel that implying that our Premier League winning manager would buy a player because his mate is an agent is remarkably stupid. Firstly, Mancini doesn't buy players, a transfer committee does. Secondly, we have a hundred deep scouting and performance analysis department that perform analysis on a player for months before they come here. Thirdly, if you imply that the manager is bent on a City forum then you had better have some solid fucking proof before you ramble this shit.

Fucking idiots.

Damocles said:
Neville Kneville said:
NipHolmes said:
Imo Savic should be fucked off asap. Part of a deal to bring in a better player.

He looks like an imposter and if I hear the 'I'll trust the manager that won the league' statement I'll go mad. Fergie won things for years yet brought Kleberson etc.

Kompany cost less than Savic btw.

I'd personally look for English talent, Cahill would have been perfect and costs the same as Savic. We need to buy British for quota which allows us to have a space free for foreign stars like Cavani.

-- Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:01 pm --

How about Richards at RB and buy Pererra of Portugal for RB. A quality playet who's apparently about to be sold for 4mill ish. Rotate him with Zaba and have Richards as successor to Lescott in a year or so. Lescott could cover LB when needed and Richards RB when needed. Very versatile backline.

Richards had great games at CB v people like Henry when he was younger than Savic, & played week in week out at a high standard there, is lightning fast, strong as an ox & can head a ball better than most at the club yet some are comparing the two! Incredible.

Rekik looks like a fantastic prospect to possibly play there in the future, perhaps even to get a game this season.

Keith Moon said:
Savic has the same agent as de Rossi, a mate of Mancini..

That explains it.

Also, I personally feel that implying that our Premier League winning manager would buy a player because his mate is an agent is remarkably stupid. Firstly, Mancini doesn't buy players, a transfer committee does. Secondly, we have a hundred deep scouting and performance analysis department that perform analysis on a player for months before they come here. Thirdly, if you imply that the manager is bent on a City forum then you had better have some solid fucking proof before you ramble this shit.

Fucking idiots.

Why are you saying the manager is bent ? Out of order.

If his mate is an agent & recommends a young player as being a real talent, is he not likely to take his word for it ?

Happens all the time in football. I don't see why you are bringing in that accusation.

Knob.

CTID101 said:
Neville. Still waiting to hear who this exceptional talent is?

Also Richards would be wasted at CB. He is a built modern day full back.

That RB from Portugal is good but he wont displace Richards or Zaba so whats the point?

I don't know who the exceptional player is, we pay people all over the world to figure that out.

Richards wouldn't have to be CB if he was better used elsewhere. He could however play there instead of Savic if we had injuries.

It would have been a stronger defence with Savic at RB & Micah CB, rather than the other way around. It would be stronger still with Ned at RB, Micah CB & no Savic.

Just to add, I do think Rekik may turn out to be exceptional.

Neville Kneville said:
Damocles said:
Neville Kneville said:

That explains it.

Fucking idiots.

Why are you saying the manager is bent ? Out of order.

If his mate is an agent & recommends a young player as being a real talent, is he not likely to take his word for it ?

Happens all the time in football. I don't see why you are bringing in that accusation.

Knob.

His mate isn't his agent, as I posted in that big bit of text that you quoted. And yes, Mancini (who does not buy players on his own) taking the word of his mate over our huge scouting and performance team, and our transfer committee is a ridiculous accusation. It's like people play a bit of Football Manager and are suddenly experts on the whole business of transfers.

Guys I hope people understand that Ferguson bought Bebe because of a recommendation from Jorge Mendes, an agent.

Steve Bruce signed Palacios, Kapo, Valencia all from recommendations. Very often a scout will he invited to a game to watch a player. Agents do the inviting on many occasions and try to push the move through.

Richards is built as a CB. Full backs are slighter and are targeted to force wingers to the lines and offer wide ball movements. Being 'built' in stature isn't a prerequisite. But it is as a CB. Clichy is a world clads wing back and is slighter than Richards so that ends that myth, Alba can be used as and example to as with Debuchy. Perrera offers solid defensive ability and a good delivery from wide. Richards was immense at CB and from imho his best position.

Mancini signing Savic was based on his Italian form. Now I've seen foreigners come and play and I've seen them fold. Savic is the latter. Awareness is poor and he's not a good passer and often rushes his work. I've seen him at the Eithad and he put the shits up me. Richards doesn't and was better at 18-19 than Savic is now.

As for 'does an Internet poster know more than Mancini', no is the simple answer but don't for a minute think I'm a sofa fan. I train kids as a pt job and played the game since I was 3. I know a player when I see one and Savic is a fish out of water. We are City, Barclays Premier League Champions and our sites are above players of Savic' capabilities. Fuck sakes, we were linked with Terry a few seasons ago aswell as Cheilini. Savic doesn't cut it and Mancini not fielding him aswell as no premier league teams offering a loan speak volumes. A good player like Wilshere/Sturridge etc is loaned to a mid table team or prem newcomer.

People calling him world class need to watch more football. Simple as that.

NipHolmes said:
Guys I hope people understand that Ferguson bought Bebe because of a recommendation from Jorge Mendes, an agent.

Steve Bruce signed Palacios, Kapo, Valencia all from recommendations. Very often a scout will he invited to a game to watch a player. Agents do the inviting on many occasions and try to push the move through.

Richards is built as a CB. Full backs are slighter and are targeted to force wingers to the lines and offer wide ball movements. Being 'built' in stature isn't a prerequisite. But it is as a CB. Clichy is a world clads wing back and is slighter than Richards so that ends that myth, Alba can be used as and example to as with Debuchy. Perrera offers solid defensive ability and a good delivery from wide. Richards was immense at CB and from imho his best position.

Mancini signing Savic was based on his Italian form. Now I've seen foreigners come and play and I've seen them fold. Savic is the latter. Awareness is poor and he's not a good passer and often rushes his work. I've seen him at the Eithad and he put the shits up me. Richards doesn't and was better at 18-19 than Savic is now.

As for 'does an Internet poster know more than Mancini', no is the simple answer but don't for a minute think I'm a sofa fan. I train kids as a pt job and played the game since I was 3. I know a player when I see one and Savic is a fish out of water. We are City, Barclays Premier League Champions and our sites are above players of Savic' capabilities. Fuck sakes, we were linked with Terry a few seasons ago aswell as Cheilini. Savic doesn't cut it and Mancini not fielding him aswell as no premier league teams offering a loan speak volumes. A good player like Wilshere/Sturridge etc is loaned to a mid table team or prem newcomer.

People calling him world class need to watch more football. Simple as that.

I agree with your sentiments about Savic, although I am willing to reserve final judgement on him until he gains some more experience. Hopefully a loan move away to an English club in the Championship will facilitate that.

With regards to your argument about full backs, Richards has similar physical attributes to Lilian Thuram, arguably one of the greatest right backs of all time. If Richards could get close to his level then we will have a special player on our hands.

nicholasjackson said:
Arsenal fans were ready to drive clichy down to eastlands themselves,Richards was lookin like he wouldn't make it after falling off rails,not sayin he's new Vincent kompany but you need decent squad players,I think Savic can become this.
Stop comparing players like chichy and richards to fucking savic it is completely different, savic is shite end of and if we wanted a decent squad player why didn't we keep Nedum who was a blue from birth and loved the club. And for the people who keep saying give savic a chance everytime we do he does a stupid mistake which costs a goal.

He has the makings of a good centre back, nothing more and nothing less.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.