Savic Loan To Wolves

Can't actually believe some of the nonsense on this thread.

Some of you slagging Neville Kneville off but he's 100% spot on with every post he's made about Savic. Last season he was nothing short of a liability. There was always a feeling that there was a serious error in him every time he stepped on the pitch. He almost cost us the premier league title with his errors alone.

The game against spurs at home, for example, where he cost us one goal and had defoe tapped the ball into the empty net in the last min he would of cost us that game too, through trying to be clever on the half way line. Goal against Swansea away, ridiculous give away of possession on the half way line. QPR away, Liverpool away, absolutely embarrassing performances.

Can any of you tell me what his qualities are meant to be? Or why some of you see potential in him? He's slow, his passing is dire, he loses more aerial challenges than he wins, his positional sense is non existent and he looks nervous all the time.

I'm all for sending him out on loan, seeing what he's like when he comes back. I hope he proves me wrong. But for those saying give him time, that time certainly shouldn't be anywhere near our first team squad because for him to play for us is embarrassing, he's an absolute target for opposition teams, that a team challenging for honours like ours should not contain.

Why should this lad be given a chance, over people like Rekik who has looked a better player than Savic in every single respect every time we've seen the lad play?

It's interesting how people can always predict who would have won a match by magically altering the starters. Can we shift that to the future and make sure we never lose another match again? I would like that as my nerves are always shredded during match days.

And yes, Onuoha had a good couple of games followed by a lot of subpar games. Whoop.

NipHolmes said:
taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:
I agree but see it like this. A world class CB is 20mill upwards. A RB is about 10mill, Debuchy and Perrera have been quoted around half that and we have Zabaleta already. It makes sense to push Micah into the role he played in his youth and is most comfortable with and have a RB to his side. It's cheaper and we don't have to rely on the CB jelling as Richards is already here and knows the role and the league. Saba can play RB and the new addition can be blooded slowly. It's not like we are short really.

I just seriously can't facilitate Savic in our plans. He isn't good enough, he can be loaned to Barca for 5 years and still comeback inferior to Richards. Watch our 'blip' and check his play out. My Rag mates would rub their hands when they heard we were fielding him.

IIRC in a singles game he cost us a goal and nearly a peno too. Imagine him v United in the derby, him v Bayern in the CL, him v Chelsea in the FA Cup. Nah not for me.
As I've stated, Lescott has been pretty dire too when not partnered with Kompany, but rightfully he isn't called out for every mistake... you know like in the QPR match that should have rightfully cost us the title.

I'd swap Richards for Lescott in a heartbeat.

Lescott is given a pass cos we won. Would not have been that way of Dzeko and Aguero had not scored. The fact Mancini favoured Kolo in the CL against Bayern iirc proves that point. I personally feel Lescott is a good CB when he's lead by a Terry or Kompany. Hummels etc would take his place.in my eyes. Lackadaisical and switches concentration too easily for me. A good CB but not elite. Neither is Pique for that matter.

How did picking Kolo for that game work out? Did Mancini make that mistake again? No. Lescott played in all the rest of the games apart from Villarreal away were incidentally, Savic played (had a decent game IIRC, albeit against poor opposition) and we won 3-0.

Lescott for me was more consistent than Kompany last season and has been rightly praised for his excellent performances.

We will see how things pan out with both Savic and Rekik during our pre-season tour and friendlies.

No way in a million years is Mancini going to start messing Lescott and Kompany around.

Richards is a RB. Nothing else. Start moving him around and putting him at CB is not a good idea.

IMHO greasedupdeafguy you have no idea about football. If Nedum would have started we would have beat Liverpool?
Seriously?

Stop talking about him and putting him above Savic just because he came from the academy. I gurantee had he come in when Hughes was here not one person would give a fuck about him. But because he came through the academy and is a massive blue which is a load of rubbish tbh he has a given right to play and be in the squad.

taconinja said:
It's interesting how people can always predict who would have won a match by magically altering the starters. Can we shift that to the future and make sure we never lose another match again? I would like that as my nerves are always shredded during match days.

And yes, Onuoha had a good couple of games followed by a lot of subpar games. Whoop.
So you think savic is better than nedum

Matt.D said:

Some of you slagging Kneville Neville off but he's 100% spot on with every post he's made about Savic. Last season he was nothing short of a liability. There was always a feeling that there was a serious error in him every time he stepped on the pitch. He almost cost us the premier league title with his errors alone.
1. I've said we haven't seen enough to make a true evaluation. I don't think we've seen enough of Rekik either. I think potentially Rekik is a much, much better player. At this point though, it's conjecture.

2. If we're getting rid of players because their errors alone almost cost us the title... well, I'll miss Joleon.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:42 am --<br /><br />
greasedupdeafguy said:
taconinja said:

So you think savic is better than nedum
Which part of "We who aren't psychic prodigies haven't seen enough to know yet" is unclear?

NipHolmes said:
LHarper said:
NipHolmes said:
I agree but see it like this. A world class CB is 20mill upwards. A RB is about 10mill, Debuchy and Perrera have been quoted around half that and we have Zabaleta already. It makes sense to push Micah into the role he played in his youth and is most comfortable with and have a RB to his side. It's cheaper and we don't have to rely on the CB jelling as Richards is already here and knows the role and the league. Saba can play RB and the new addition can be blooded slowly. It's not like we are short really.

I just seriously can't facilitate Savic in our plans. He isn't good enough, he can be loaned to Barca for 5 years and still comeback inferior to Richards. Watch our 'blip' and check his play out. My Rag mates would rub their hands when they heard we were fielding him.

IIRC in a singles game he cost us a goal and nearly a peno too. Imagine him v United in the derby, him v Bayern in the CL, him v Chelsea in the FA Cup. Nah not for me.

Although I agree with your statement in theory, Richards is likely going to be the starting right back again next season despite Zaba's terrific run at the end of the last campaign. With the way Mancini uses Richards as an attacking threat, having Micah as back-up to centre back could cause problems with the rotation policy and fatigue later in the season in my opinion.

For the upcoming campaign I'd stick to how things are now.

Clichy, Lescott, Vinny, Richards

But Richards would be blooded in the role in cup games, absolutely. I'd then start 13/14 campaign with Richards and Vinny together. Lescott would be the rotated player and youth fill in the gaps.

Another RB would give us options of doing it this season. For the lieu Debuchy and Perrera are steals. I just think Lescott plan needs to be in the pipeline. Savic isn't the solution though.

Good point and I believe it would be a good plan. If Richards is developed as a centre back then having him, Vinnie and Lescott as our 3 main centre back options would give us great stability for at least the next 3, maybe even 4 seasons depending on how Lescott ages.

LHarper said:
NipHolmes said:
LHarper said:
Although I agree with your statement in theory, Richards is likely going to be the starting right back again next season despite Zaba's terrific run at the end of the last campaign. With the way Mancini uses Richards as an attacking threat, having Micah as back-up to centre back could cause problems with the rotation policy and fatigue later in the season in my opinion.

For the upcoming campaign I'd stick to how things are now.

Clichy, Lescott, Vinny, Richards

But Richards would be blooded in the role in cup games, absolutely. I'd then start 13/14 campaign with Richards and Vinny together. Lescott would be the rotated player and youth fill in the gaps.

Another RB would give us options of doing it this season. For the lieu Debuchy and Perrera are steals. I just think Lescott plan needs to be in the pipeline. Savic isn't the solution though.

Good point and I believe it would be a good plan. If Richards is developed as a centre back then having him, Vinnie and Lescott as our 3 main centre back options would give us great stability for at least the next 3, maybe even 4 seasons depending on how Lescott ages.
Mancini prefers players who can play at least two positions across the back line or step up into the DM slot. I have no doubt he considers playing Richards at CB the same way he likes Zabaleta can play either LB or RB or DM and Lescott can play CB or LB and Kompany can play CB or DM (and probably a fullback position if pressed) and Kolo can play CB or RB and Yaya can play DM or CB if pressed and the same with Barry. Almost forgot Clichy and Kolarov who can play LB or move up to left midfield.

Matt.D said:

Some of you slagging Neville Kneville off but he's 100% spot on with every post he's made about Savic. Last season he was nothing short of a liability. There was always a feeling that there was a serious error in him every time he stepped on the pitch. He almost cost us the premier league title with his errors alone.

The game against spurs at home, for example, where he cost us one goal and had defoe tapped the ball into the empty net in the last min he would of cost us that game too, through trying to be clever on the half way line. Goal against Swansea away, ridiculous give away of possession on the half way line. QPR away, Liverpool away, absolutely embarrassing performances.

Can any of you tell me what his qualities are meant to be? Or why some of you see potential in him? He's slow, his passing is dire, he loses more aerial challenges than he wins, his positional sense is non existent and he looks nervous all the time.

I'm all for sending him out on loan, seeing what he's like when he comes back. I hope he proves me wrong. But for those saying give him time, that time certainly shouldn't be anywhere near our first team squad because for him to play for us is embarrassing, he's an absolute target for opposition teams, that a team challenging for honours like ours should not contain.

Why should this lad be given a chance, over people like Rekik who has looked a better player than Savic in every single respect every time we've seen the lad play?

Spot on.

That's the game I was eluding too. Spurs. Had Defoe slotted that home we would be runners up to United.

Harry would be in his job and fans on here would be far less sympathetic to Savic, Lescott, Dzeko and Barry. I like all bar Savic but they are the 'weaker' players, no doubt about that.

Savic is just awful. Your criticisms echo mine so I question the blind faith some have in him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.