Savic Loan To Wolves

LHarper said:
NipHolmes said:
Guys I hope people understand that Ferguson bought Bebe because of a recommendation from Jorge Mendes, an agent.

Steve Bruce signed Palacios, Kapo, Valencia all from recommendations. Very often a scout will he invited to a game to watch a player. Agents do the inviting on many occasions and try to push the move through.

Richards is built as a CB. Full backs are slighter and are targeted to force wingers to the lines and offer wide ball movements. Being 'built' in stature isn't a prerequisite. But it is as a CB. Clichy is a world clads wing back and is slighter than Richards so that ends that myth, Alba can be used as and example to as with Debuchy. Perrera offers solid defensive ability and a good delivery from wide. Richards was immense at CB and from imho his best position.

Mancini signing Savic was based on his Italian form. Now I've seen foreigners come and play and I've seen them fold. Savic is the latter. Awareness is poor and he's not a good passer and often rushes his work. I've seen him at the Eithad and he put the shits up me. Richards doesn't and was better at 18-19 than Savic is now.

As for 'does an Internet poster know more than Mancini', no is the simple answer but don't for a minute think I'm a sofa fan. I train kids as a pt job and played the game since I was 3. I know a player when I see one and Savic is a fish out of water. We are City, Barclays Premier League Champions and our sites are above players of Savic' capabilities. Fuck sakes, we were linked with Terry a few seasons ago aswell as Cheilini. Savic doesn't cut it and Mancini not fielding him aswell as no premier league teams offering a loan speak volumes. A good player like Wilshere/Sturridge etc is loaned to a mid table team or prem newcomer.

People calling him world class need to watch more football. Simple as that.

I agree with your sentiments about Savic, although I am willing to reserve final judgement on him until he gains some more experience. Hopefully a loan move away to an English club in the Championship will facilitate that.

With regards to your argument about full backs, Richards has similar physical attributes to Lilian Thuram, arguably one of the greatest right backs of all time. If Richards could get close to his level then we will have a special player on our hands.

I agree but see it like this. A world class CB is 20mill upwards. A RB is about 10mill, Debuchy and Perrera have been quoted around half that and we have Zabaleta already. It makes sense to push Micah into the role he played in his youth and is most comfortable with and have a RB to his side. It's cheaper and we don't have to rely on the CB jelling as Richards is already here and knows the role and the league. Saba can play RB and the new addition can be blooded slowly. It's not like we are short really.

I just seriously can't facilitate Savic in our plans. He isn't good enough, he can be loaned to Barca for 5 years and still comeback inferior to Richards. Watch our 'blip' and check his play out. My Rag mates would rub their hands when they heard we were fielding him.

IIRC in a singles game he cost us a goal and nearly a peno too. Imagine him v United in the derby, him v Bayern in the CL, him v Chelsea in the FA Cup. Nah not for me.

greasedupdeafguy said:
nicholasjackson said:
Arsenal fans were ready to drive clichy down to eastlands themselves,Richards was lookin like he wouldn't make it after falling off rails,not sayin he's new Vincent kompany but you need decent squad players,I think Savic can become this.
Stop comparing players like chichy and richards to fucking savic it is completely different, savic is shite end of and if we wanted a decent squad player why didn't we keep Nedum who was a blue from birth and loved the club. And for the people who keep saying give savic a chance everytime we do he does a stupid mistake which costs a goal.
Because Onuoha is a poor player. It's simple. I don't care if he shits blue. He's proven in multiple instances to both put himself ahead of the club (putting lie to this "He's a proper blue!" horseshit people keep wanting to peddle) and that he's a liability. He did it over more than one season too.

Neville Kneville said:
CTID101 said:
Neville. Still waiting to hear who this exceptional talent is?

Also Richards would be wasted at CB. He is a built modern day full back.

That RB from Portugal is good but he wont displace Richards or Zaba so whats the point?

I don't know who the exceptional player is, we pay people all over the world to figure that out.

Richards wouldn't have to be CB if he was better used elsewhere. He could however play there instead of Savic if we had injuries.

It would have been a stronger defence with Savic at RB & Micah CB, rather than the other way around. It would be stronger still with Ned at RB, Micah CB & no Savic.

Just to add, I do think Rekik may turn out to be exceptional.
Exactly,
Does it not speak volumes that they chose Savic?

I wish people would stop going on about Onuoha also. He wasn't good enough so Mancini got rid. Just because he is a city fan and came through the academy doesn't make up his lack of ability which Mancini clearly thought was below the other defenders.

Now i love Nedum and he was great for us when we had no star names and i hope in the future a player from the academy will grow into one of the best in the world in their position.

But ultimately Mancini sees these players every day and made the decision to buy and use Savic and get rid of Onuoha.

If Savic turns out bad and he is torn apart in the championship then i will come back here and admit i was wrong but i just think it is ridiclous to judge him on limited appearences in a new league.

NipHolmes said:
LHarper said:
NipHolmes said:
Guys I hope people understand that Ferguson bought Bebe because of a recommendation from Jorge Mendes, an agent.

Steve Bruce signed Palacios, Kapo, Valencia all from recommendations. Very often a scout will he invited to a game to watch a player. Agents do the inviting on many occasions and try to push the move through.

Richards is built as a CB. Full backs are slighter and are targeted to force wingers to the lines and offer wide ball movements. Being 'built' in stature isn't a prerequisite. But it is as a CB. Clichy is a world clads wing back and is slighter than Richards so that ends that myth, Alba can be used as and example to as with Debuchy. Perrera offers solid defensive ability and a good delivery from wide. Richards was immense at CB and from imho his best position.

Mancini signing Savic was based on his Italian form. Now I've seen foreigners come and play and I've seen them fold. Savic is the latter. Awareness is poor and he's not a good passer and often rushes his work. I've seen him at the Eithad and he put the shits up me. Richards doesn't and was better at 18-19 than Savic is now.

As for 'does an Internet poster know more than Mancini', no is the simple answer but don't for a minute think I'm a sofa fan. I train kids as a pt job and played the game since I was 3. I know a player when I see one and Savic is a fish out of water. We are City, Barclays Premier League Champions and our sites are above players of Savic' capabilities. Fuck sakes, we were linked with Terry a few seasons ago aswell as Cheilini. Savic doesn't cut it and Mancini not fielding him aswell as no premier league teams offering a loan speak volumes. A good player like Wilshere/Sturridge etc is loaned to a mid table team or prem newcomer.

I agree with your sentiments about Savic, although I am willing to reserve final judgement on him until he gains some more experience. Hopefully a loan move away to an English club in the Championship will facilitate that.

With regards to your argument about full backs, Richards has similar physical attributes to Lilian Thuram, arguably one of the greatest right backs of all time. If Richards could get close to his level then we will have a special player on our hands.

I agree but see it like this. A world class CB is 20mill upwards. A RB is about 10mill, Debuchy and Perrera have been quoted around half that and we have Zabaleta already. It makes sense to push Micah into the role he played in his youth and is most comfortable with and have a RB to his side. It's cheaper and we don't have to rely on the CB jelling as Richards is already here and knows the role and the league. Saba can play RB and the new addition can be blooded slowly. It's not like we are short really.

I just seriously can't facilitate Savic in our plans. He isn't good enough, he can be loaned to Barca for 5 years and still comeback inferior to Richards. Watch our 'blip' and check his play out. My Rag mates would rub their hands when they heard we were fielding him.

IIRC in a singles game he cost us a goal and nearly a peno too. Imagine him v United in the derby, him v Bayern in the CL, him v Chelsea in the FA Cup. Nah not for me.
As I've stated, Lescott has been pretty dire too when not partnered with Kompany, but rightfully he isn't called out for every mistake... you know like in the QPR match that should have rightfully cost us the title.

carlos92 said:
He has the makings of a good centre back, nothing more and nothing less.

Could you enlighten me to his attributes?

Genuine question that, I just want to know what positives people see in his play. He can do a job but at a low level prem team and no better in my eyes. West Ham have an English kid better than him who wr should look at.

NipHolmes said:
carlos92 said:
He has the makings of a good centre back, nothing more and nothing less.

Could you enlighten me to his attributes?

Genuine question that, I just want to know what positives people see in his play. He can do a job but at a low level prem team and no better in my eyes. West Ham have an English kid better than him who wr should look at.
It's still too early to tell to be honest. He may be a poor player. We don't know. Not enough data.

taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:
LHarper said:

As I've stated, Lescott has been pretty dire too when not partnered with Kompany, but rightfully he isn't called out for every mistake... you know like in the QPR match that should have rightfully cost us the title.

I'd swap Richards for Lescott in a heartbeat.

Lescott is given a pass cos we won. Would not have been that way of Dzeko and Aguero had not scored. The fact Mancini favoured Kolo in the CL against Bayern iirc proves that point. I personally feel Lescott is a good CB when he's lead by a Terry or Kompany. Hummels etc would take his place.in my eyes. Lackadaisical and switches concentration too easily for me. A good CB but not elite. Neither is Pique for that matter.

NipHolmes said:
LHarper said:
NipHolmes said:

Although I agree with your statement in theory, Richards is likely going to be the starting right back again next season despite Zaba's terrific run at the end of the last campaign. With the way Mancini uses Richards as an attacking threat, having Micah as back-up to centre back could cause problems with the rotation policy and fatigue later in the season in my opinion.

taconinja said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
nicholasjackson said:
Arsenal fans were ready to drive clichy down to eastlands themselves,Richards was lookin like he wouldn't make it after falling off rails,not sayin he's new Vincent kompany but you need decent squad players,I think Savic can become this.
Stop comparing players like chichy and richards to fucking savic it is completely different, savic is shite end of and if we wanted a decent squad player why didn't we keep Nedum who was a blue from birth and loved the club. And for the people who keep saying give savic a chance everytime we do he does a stupid mistake which costs a goal.
Because Onuoha is a poor player. It's simple. I don't care if he shits blue. He's proven in multiple instances to both put himself ahead of the club (putting lie to this "He's a proper blue!" horseshit people keep wanting to peddle) and that he's a liability. He did it over more than one season too.
Seriously how long have you been watching city, he was brilliant under hughes and made a great partnership with dunne, even last season the 2 games he played for us he was excellent, are you really saying savic is better than nedum? if you are your deluded.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:34 pm --<br /><br />
CTID101 said:
Neville Kneville said:
CTID101 said:
Neville. Still waiting to hear who this exceptional talent is?

Also Richards would be wasted at CB. He is a built modern day full back.

That RB from Portugal is good but he wont displace Richards or Zaba so whats the point?

I don't know who the exceptional player is, we pay people all over the world to figure that out.

Richards wouldn't have to be CB if he was better used elsewhere. He could however play there instead of Savic if we had injuries.

It would have been a stronger defence with Savic at RB & Micah CB, rather than the other way around. It would be stronger still with Ned at RB, Micah CB & no Savic.

Just to add, I do think Rekik may turn out to be exceptional.
Exactly,
Does it not speak volumes that they chose Savic?

I wish people would stop going on about Onuoha also. He wasn't good enough so Mancini got rid. Just because he is a city fan and came through the academy doesn't make up his lack of ability which Mancini clearly thought was below the other defenders.

Now i love Nedum and he was great for us when we had no star names and i hope in the future a player from the academy will grow into one of the best in the world in their position.

But ultimately Mancini sees these players every day and made the decision to buy and use Savic and get rid of Onuoha.

If Savic turns out bad and he is torn apart in the championship then i will come back here and admit i was wrong but i just think it is ridiclous to judge him on limited appearences in a new league.
If nedum isn't good enough then savic isn't good enough end of story really as nedums is the better player. Mancinins biggest mistake last year if nedum played in that semi final 1st leg we would have beaten liverpool imho.

LHarper said:
NipHolmes said:
LHarper said:

Although I agree with your statement in theory, Richards is likely going to be the starting right back again next season despite Zaba's terrific run at the end of the last campaign. With the way Mancini uses Richards as an attacking threat, having Micah as back-up to centre back could cause problems with the rotation policy and fatigue later in the season in my opinion.

For the upcoming campaign I'd stick to how things are now.

Clichy, Lescott, Vinny, Richards

But Richards would be blooded in the role in cup games, absolutely. I'd then start 13/14 campaign with Richards and Vinny together. Lescott would be the rotated player and youth fill in the gaps.

Another RB would give us options of doing it this season. For the lieu Debuchy and Perrera are steals. I just think Lescott plan needs to be in the pipeline. Savic isn't the solution though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.