Savic Loan To Wolves

NipHolmes said:
Matt.D said:
Can't actually believe some of the nonsense on this thread.

Some of you slagging Neville Kneville off but he's 100% spot on with every post he's made about Savic. Last season he was nothing short of a liability. There was always a feeling that there was a serious error in him every time he stepped on the pitch. He almost cost us the premier league title with his errors alone.

The game against spurs at home, for example, where he cost us one goal and had defoe tapped the ball into the empty net in the last min he would of cost us that game too, through trying to be clever on the half way line. Goal against Swansea away, ridiculous give away of possession on the half way line. QPR away, Liverpool away, absolutely embarrassing performances.

Can any of you tell me what his qualities are meant to be? Or why some of you see potential in him? He's slow, his passing is dire, he loses more aerial challenges than he wins, his positional sense is non existent and he looks nervous all the time.

I'm all for sending him out on loan, seeing what he's like when he comes back. I hope he proves me wrong. But for those saying give him time, that time certainly shouldn't be anywhere near our first team squad because for him to play for us is embarrassing, he's an absolute target for opposition teams, that a team challenging for honours like ours should not contain.

Why should this lad be given a chance, over people like Rekik who has looked a better player than Savic in every single respect every time we've seen the lad play?

Spot on.

That's the game I was eluding too. Spurs. Had Defoe slotted that home we would be runners up to United.

Harry would be in his job and fans on here would be far less sympathetic to Savic, Lescott, Dzeko and Barry. I like all bar Savic but they are the 'weaker' players, no doubt about that.

Savic is just awful. Your criticisms echo mine so I question the blind faith some have in him.
Where is the blind faith? Saying we haven't seen enough is blind faith?

CTID101 said:
No way in a million years is Mancini going to start messing Lescott and Kompany around.

Richards is a RB. Nothing else. Start moving him around and putting him at CB is not a good idea.

IMHO greasedupdeafguy you have no idea about football. If Nedum would have started we would have beat Liverpool?
Seriously?

Stop talking about him and putting him above Savic just because he came from the academy. I gurantee had he come in when Hughes was here not one person would give a fuck about him. But because he came through the academy and is a massive blue which is a load of rubbish tbh he has a given right to play and be in the squad.
Its not because he came through the academy the point is that people keep on saying how savic will be a good squad player in years to come (even though hes shown no signs of this with his horrendous performances) yet we already had a good squad player in nedum and 2 years ago most people would have put him over richards. Under hughes in the 2nd half of the season he played every game and had a great partnership with dunne and imo he could have been our version of wes brown solid but not spectacular. As for the liverpool game savic was truly shite in that match and was one of the major reasons we lost it if we had a half decent defender instead of him in that game we could of at least got a draw.

LHarper said:
NipHolmes said:
LHarper said:
Although I agree with your statement in theory, Richards is likely going to be the starting right back again next season despite Zaba's terrific run at the end of the last campaign. With the way Mancini uses Richards as an attacking threat, having Micah as back-up to centre back could cause problems with the rotation policy and fatigue later in the season in my opinion.

For the upcoming campaign I'd stick to how things are now.

Clichy, Lescott, Vinny, Richards

But Richards would be blooded in the role in cup games, absolutely. I'd then start 13/14 campaign with Richards and Vinny together. Lescott would be the rotated player and youth fill in the gaps.

Another RB would give us options of doing it this season. For the lieu Debuchy and Perrera are steals. I just think Lescott plan needs to be in the pipeline. Savic isn't the solution though.

Good point and I believe it would be a good plan. If Richards is developed as a centre back then having him, Vinnie and Lescott as our 3 main centre back options would give us great stability for at least the next 3, maybe even 4 seasons depending on how Lescott ages.

Cheers mate.

Normally only get bits of recognition on here, probs post count snobs :)

But yeah we need the plan enforced asap. It's all about planning and preperation. United have done it for years but Vidic' injury scuppered those plans.

Richards will be Englands best defender in the coming years. No doubt in my mind. Him and Kompany would work well and saves us the bother of buying a player. I see Rekik as a solid player in due time but a loan out to prem team is ideal. Wigan ideally if Martinez stays.

Neville Kneville said:
strongbowholic said:
NipHolmes said:
....and if I hear the 'I'll trust the manager that won the league' statement I'll go mad.

Ok then, let's frame it another way...

Why should the opinion on an internet forum user hold more weight?

So you know that Mancini trusts Savic then ?

Only, we haven't seen him for a while have we ?
You're original argument was in respect of the "I trust the manager" point being used as a defence of Savic.

I assume the manager sees some kind of potential in him hence signing and playing him. At the time Savic was a quite a hot prospect and watched by numerous European clubs, again suggesting there could be something worth having.

Now whether that potential they saw gets fulfilled or not is another matter entirely. There have been moments of complete lack of concentration in some games. However there have been times where he has played the ball confidently to his team mates, won the ball aggressively but cleanly both in the air and on the ground. To be fair only doing what a defender should do.

I can clearly see that the couple of glaring errors he has made would cause concern, but I would like to think he can overcome and learn from those.

Now then, back to my original point, if we're not to use the phrase you don't like, tell my why should your opinion outweigh that of the manager?

taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:
Matt.D said:

Some of you slagging Neville Kneville off but he's 100% spot on with every post he's made about Savic. Last season he was nothing short of a liability. There was always a feeling that there was a serious error in him every time he stepped on the pitch. He almost cost us the premier league title with his errors alone.

The game against spurs at home, for example, where he cost us one goal and had defoe tapped the ball into the empty net in the last min he would of cost us that game too, through trying to be clever on the half way line. Goal against Swansea away, ridiculous give away of possession on the half way line. QPR away, Liverpool away, absolutely embarrassing performances.

Can any of you tell me what his qualities are meant to be? Or why some of you see potential in him? He's slow, his passing is dire, he loses more aerial challenges than he wins, his positional sense is non existent and he looks nervous all the time.

I'm all for sending him out on loan, seeing what he's like when he comes back. I hope he proves me wrong. But for those saying give him time, that time certainly shouldn't be anywhere near our first team squad because for him to play for us is embarrassing, he's an absolute target for opposition teams, that a team challenging for honours like ours should not contain.

Why should this lad be given a chance, over people like Rekik who has looked a better player than Savic in every single respect every time we've seen the lad play?

Spot on.

That's the game I was eluding too. Spurs. Had Defoe slotted that home we would be runners up to United.

Harry would be in his job and fans on here would be far less sympathetic to Savic, Lescott, Dzeko and Barry. I like all bar Savic but they are the 'weaker' players, no doubt about that.

Savic is just awful. Your criticisms echo mine so I question the blind faith some have in him.

No. It's fair to reserve judgement in that case.

My point is that those who have seen him in Italy or have an instinct should be allowed to criticise.

Bebe played little at United but Fergie knew he had a bad player. Straquilasi at Everton is the same (work horse who's only good game was v us at goodison). So for me and others who don't rate him based on his terrible performances then I feel we are allowed to speak ad we find.

Imo Mancini fucked up, everybody has a bad buy and this is his. Any positive statements are to raise stock for possible sale I believe. Nobody in their right kind could believe Mancini rates him highly as you can see by his lack of gametime.

Bar looking like Richard Ashcroft I see nothing good about him. If he played for United I'm sure most on here would mock him.

NipHolmes said:
LHarper said:
NipHolmes said:
For the upcoming campaign I'd stick to how things are now.

Clichy, Lescott, Vinny, Richards

But Richards would be blooded in the role in cup games, absolutely. I'd then start 13/14 campaign with Richards and Vinny together. Lescott would be the rotated player and youth fill in the gaps.

Another RB would give us options of doing it this season. For the lieu Debuchy and Perrera are steals. I just think Lescott plan needs to be in the pipeline. Savic isn't the solution though.

Good point and I believe it would be a good plan. If Richards is developed as a centre back then having him, Vinnie and Lescott as our 3 main centre back options would give us great stability for at least the next 3, maybe even 4 seasons depending on how Lescott ages.

Cheers mate.

But yeah we need the plan enforced asap. It's all about planning and preperation. United have done it for years but Vidic' injury scuppered those plans.

Richards will be Englands best defender in the coming years. No doubt in my mind. Him and Kompany would work well and saves us the bother of buying a player. I see Rekik as a solid player in due time but a loan out to prem team is ideal. Wigan ideally if Martinez stays.

No worries! Did you not know post count is directly correlated to football knowledge and love for City? :)

I hope Richards becomes England's best defender, no doubt Smalling and Jones will be arse licked by the media instead though.

Rekik has great potential, looking forward to seeing him again in the upcoming NextGen Series if he isn't indeed loaned out.

strongbowholic said:
Neville Kneville said:
strongbowholic said:
Ok then, let's frame it another way...

Why should the opinion on an internet forum user hold more weight?

So you know that Mancini trusts Savic then ?

Only, we haven't seen him for a while have we ?
You're original argument was in respect of the "I trust the manager" point being used as a defence of Savic.

I assume the manager sees some kind of potential in him hence signing and playing him. At the time Savic was a quite a hot prospect and watched by numerous European clubs, again suggesting there could be something worth having.

Now whether that potential they saw gets fulfilled or not is another matter entirely. There have been moments of complete lack of concentration in some games. However there have been times where he has played the ball confidently to his team mates, won the ball aggressively but cleanly both in the air and on the ground. To be fair only doing what a defender should do.

I can clearly see that the couple of glaring errors he has made would cause concern, but I would like to think he can overcome and learn from those.

Now then, back to my original point, if we're not to use the phrase you don't like, tell my why should your opinion outweigh that of the manager?

That last paragraph is saddening. Why bother joining a forum if you can't put across your opinon. My opinion is that Arsenal need to pay more to key players and sign a world class CM to play with Song. Someone like Sahin to replace Ramsey. I think Jenkinson is shit, so too Chamack and Bendtner. Hell why do I have am opinion because Wenger has won trophies and brought through great players on a shoestring.

Mancini hasn't got good man-management, ok but not good imo. He can't work alongside a player he doesmt get on with (ade, bellamy) and the Tevez situation was above him I.e he was told to include Tevez who I reckon will be sold.

That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it as long ad my points make sense and based on fact. What the hell do I know though, I havent won a jot. Jeez its like North Korea with that mentality.

Damocles said:
Neville Kneville said:
Damocles said:
It's also complete bollocks.

Savic's agent is Zoran Stojadinović.

Also, I personally feel that implying that our Premier League winning manager would buy a player because his mate is an agent is remarkably stupid. Firstly, Mancini doesn't buy players, a transfer committee does. Secondly, we have a hundred deep scouting and performance analysis department that perform analysis on a player for months before they come here. Thirdly, if you imply that the manager is bent on a City forum then you had better have some solid fucking proof before you ramble this shit.

Fucking idiots.

Why are you saying the manager is bent ? Out of order.

If his mate is an agent & recommends a young player as being a real talent, is he not likely to take his word for it ?

Happens all the time in football. I don't see why you are bringing in that accusation.

Knob.

His mate isn't his agent, as I posted in that big bit of text that you quoted. And yes, Mancini (who does not buy players on his own) taking the word of his mate over our huge scouting and performance team, and our transfer committee is a ridiculous accusation. It's like people play a bit of Football Manager and are suddenly experts on the whole business of transfers.

LHarper said:
NipHolmes said:
LHarper said:

Cheers mate.

No worries! Did you not know post count is directly correlated to football knowledge and love for City? :)

I hope Richards becomes England's best defender, no doubt Smalling and Jones will be arse licked by the media instead though.

Rekik has great potential, looking forward to seeing him again in the upcoming NextGen Series if he isn't indeed loaned out.

Hahahaha. You need 5k posts and to be registered pre Mansour to be a real fan. Away to York attendee ;-)

Suarez, Rekik, Razak and Guidetti should all be utilised. If not by us then an English team. I'm not fond of foreign loans as its not directly linked. Guidetti to Villa or something I ideal. Suarez to Swansea or Southampton etc. Or jeep here and field after 70mins and cup games.

In short I want to keep on these isles. Next gen is fantastic and perfect platform. It'll be madsive a year or 2 from now.

taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:
Matt.D said:

Spot on.

If you haven't seen enough, that says it all really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.