Savic Loan To Wolves

How shite was Coloccini for the Barcodes in his first season. Arguably as bad (if not, worse) than Savic has been at certain points. He was a complete mess. He was criticised regularly by all and sundry. Nobody knew what his strengths were. He wasn't particularly good in the air due to height, not too quick, positionally he was all over the place. Two years on, and he is in the team of the season. You can work out the moral of the story.

Neville Kneville said:
Keith Moon said:
Neville Kneville said:
Mancini clearly said just two days ago that he was responsible for us signing Kolarov.

I don't know who Savic's agent is. You say one thing, Keith Moon says another. Seeing as he is a legendary dead drummer, I tend to be swayed by him.

Whatever, managers do sign players on recommendations of people they trust, so if Keith was right, it would explain why we signed a sub standard player.

If not, then I'm still utterly fucking baffled how Savic got the gig.

Don't listen to dead drummers, it's Kolarov that has the same agent as de Rossi, its a gentlemen named Sergio Berti and he's an old mate of Mancini. I thought he was involved in the Savic deal, but I might be wrong. What can I say, don't do drugs.

Fucking drummers.

All the same.

Well, I can count to 4...

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
How shite was Coloccini for the Barcodes in his first season. Arguably as bad (if not, worse) than Savic has been at certain points. He was a complete mess. He was criticised regularly by all and sundry. Nobody knew what his strengths were. He wasn't particularly good in the air due to height, not too quick, positionally he was all over the place. Two years on, and he is in the team of the season. You can work out the moral of the story.

That sort of post will get you nowhere on the transfer forum mate.

Stop talking sense at once!

taconinja said:
Matt.D said:
taconinja said:
Yes, it does. It says the same thing it's always said about not seeing enough. Still amused though that we're supposed to give some players several thousand chances while others might get one... maybe... if we're generous.

What other players are we supposed to be giving chances to?
Nedum evidently. No matter how poorly he behaved with that ludicrous interview and his poor play towards the end of his time here, we're supposed to keep giving him chance after chance after chance after chance because "He's a blue" as if that makes him a better player.

It's got fuck all to do with 'giving chances' . Ned was a proven Premier League defender who isn't quite good enough for City now but is 'ok' player. He's strong, fast & has played in some good wins in big games. Savic is a totally unproven defender who has barely done anything for anyone anywhere.

Why the fuck choose to stick some kid with no pace, no strength, no aerial ability, no composure, who is shitting his fucking pants, in the team rather than a bloke who has been part of a team which has won at Old Trafford on one of the biggest days in their history?

If the object is a Savic charity, then fine, let's forget about winning games & just keep playing him, no matter how bad he is, how many points he costs us & how many cup competitions we bomb out of.

If Mancini now decides Savic isn't good enough, will Mancini be wrong ?<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:10 pm --<br /><br />
Doyaldinho said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

That sort of post will get you nowhere on the transfer forum mate.

Stop talking sense at once!

And were Newcastle trying to win the Premier League whilst he played ?

Dzeko's Right Boot said:

Collocini was better than Savic imo. He played for a team that was poor at the back under Kinnear and he now looks good because Pardew has them set up more rigidly. He played for good teams and did well before signing for NUFC iirc.

Savic joined a team that was setup well from top to bottom and was awful, like I say to those that back him, tell me what he's good at. If he's promising then how is he promising, what does he do well that justifies his shirt?

Not being start btw, must make that clear as text can be taken wrong.

NipHolmes said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

Collocini was better than Savic imo. He played for a team that was poor at the back under Kinnear and he now looks good because Pardew has them set up more rigidly. He played for good teams and did well before signing for NUFC iirc.

Savic joined a team that was setup well from top to bottom and was awful, like I say to those that back him, tell me what he's good.

Not being start btw, must make that clear as text can be construed wrong.

Coloccini made his debut for Argentina in 2003 & had been playing in Spain for years. He was playing for a Newcastle team that had no target other than mid table.

I think Savic is shit but I'd happily give him some games to see if he could turn his form round if we were trying to finish 15th.

Had he come through the academy he would be our next big thing.

Needs far more time,yes he makes the odd mistake but he's thoroughly professional,hard as nails,composed on the ball and can pass the thing.

He will make a very competent RB imo.

Neville Kneville said:
taconinja said:
Matt.D said:
What other players are we supposed to be giving chances to?
Nedum evidently. No matter how poorly he behaved with that ludicrous interview and his poor play towards the end of his time here, we're supposed to keep giving him chance after chance after chance after chance because "He's a blue" as if that makes him a better player.

It's got fuck all to do with 'giving chances' . Ned was a proven Premier League defender who isn't quite good enough for City now but is 'ok' player. He's strong, fast & has played in some good wins in big games. Savic is a totally unproven defender who has barely done anything for anyone anywhere.

Why the fuck choose to stick some kid with no pace, no strength, no aerial ability, no composure, who is shitting his fucking pants, in the team rather than a bloke who has been part of a team which has won at Old Trafford on one of the biggest days in their history?

If the object is a Savic charity, then fine, let's forget about winning games & just keep playing him, no matter how bad he is, how many points he costs us & how many cup competitions we bomb out of.

If Mancini now decides Savic isn't good enough, will Mancini be wrong ?
Onuoha hasn't proved anything to anyone. His positional sense is nearly non-existent and the best you can say for him is he's a pretty good athlete. "Proven premier league defender" is ridiculous. He sure did stand out as a stalwart in that defensive juggernaught known as Queens Park Rangers, didn't he? Why I remember that rally he started against Blackburn where his score lifted the Rovers to a sterling come-from-behind victory as clear as yesterday. Stunning work that was.

And if Mancini decides Savic isn't good enough then he's doing what he's paid to do, i.e. manage Manchester City and evaluate players. He sees more of them than we do so he's in a better position to judge.

NipHolmes said:
strongbowholic said:
NipHolmes said:
That last paragraph is saddening. Why bother joining a forum if you can't put across your opinon. My opinion is that Arsenal need to pay more to key players and sign a world class CM to play with Song. Someone like Sahin to replace Ramsey. I think Jenkinson is shit, so too Chamack and Bendtner. Hell why do I have am opinion because Wenger has won trophies and brought through great players on a shoestring.

Mancini hasn't got good man-management, ok but not good imo. He can't work alongside a player he doesmt get on with (ade, bellamy) and the Tevez situation was above him I.e he was told to include Tevez who I reckon will be sold.

That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it as long ad my points make sense and based on fact. What the hell do I know though, I havent won a jot. Jeez its like North Korea with that mentality.
I wasn't saying "you can't post whatever opinion you hold", I merely said in reference to your not wanting to hear "I trust the manager", why your opinion should hold more weight than "trusting the manager".

No one is ever going to agree with everyone. I don't necessarily agree with your opinion on Savic, however I don't believe for one minute that makes it any less/more valid than my opinion.

Just want to understand why you seem (and apologies if I've picked up on something out of context) to have an issue with those whose opinion is to trust in the manager and why your opinion is better than that?

My opinion is no worse or better. He gets paid for his opinion on a massive level and therefor his opinion carries more weight.

I simply feel Savic is inadequate to the prem. Why we passed on Cahill is beyond me. We need good English players where possible and Cahill is one of them. It boots quota and a player that's suited to the league already.

My opinion is that Mancini thought Savic is better than he is. Or he was lead to believe such. He dropped a bollock and the fact Savic featured little and has been loaned out gives foundation for my opinion and others that feel the same.

Why would 'one of Europe's most promising young defenders' (as I read in an article) be loaned out when it leaves us short with the possible departure of Kolo. Pretty easy to read between the lines.

Fergie bought Berbatov and on my life I said he'd flop due to not fitting system and I was called a bitter because he chose them over us. I was right wasn't I? That's me being right over the premierships second best manager (Mourinho is world best imho) who's won trophy after trophy, year after year. I never once pretend to be a guru but if I see a player I know a player. Savic isn't a player, he's a slow and cumbersome player who cannot pass with confidence, he lacks authority and is poor positionally, he cannot pivot quickly and looks unsteady when faced with a quick player. I have little good to day about him and I'd go as far as saying we will be lumbered with him for years if he doesn't pull up trees for Wolves. I hope and pray I'm wrong. I really do but I see another Bridge situation.

Wow I think I've heard some things before - but comparing a player that was nearly 9 years older at the time of signing and had refused to move off his pampered Chelsea bench arse on two occasions to 2 different clubs for regular football & only joined City because he was increasing his wages further to a young international player who had been given the mantle of one of those young players to watch in the future - Savic may end up being a flop - but he is not a near 100k/week lazy waste of space - his wages means he could be transferred fairly easily- granted at a capital loss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.