Scam Warning: Reasons beyond my control

Re: Reasons beyond my control

Cant believe this!!!! Ive been robbed by the twat this weekend!!
He PM'd me on here on Friday saying he had 2 tickets for the derby and to contact him. When i did he said he couldnt make it due to flying up from where he lived in London, when i said get the train he said there to expensive he cant afford it.
He said he will send the tickets Special 9am saturday delivery and he worked at the post office. I was reluctant to pay him by bank transfer but after giving me his address (fake im guessing) tel number (real) name (Adam Gill) and bank details, i checked to see he was a active user on here. After he gave the speech of ''were all blues aint we mate my loss a fellow blues gain'' in desperation and beleif that a fellow blue wouldnt rob another i sent the Money.
Saturday no tickets arrived, he contacted me saying the tickets had been returned to sender he was sorry and he would refund the money. Never been in touch since.
If were doing something about this will someone please PM me and ill be happy to help. Ive still obviously got all his bank details.

Is there any chance this could be moved to the main forum mods? So no one misses it, i get the feeling more people have been conned and are keeping quiet on promises of moneys being returned. Also to warn everyone for future games cheers.

I've emailed Ric some brief ideas and suggestions to see if we can make tickets any better and safer for trades.

We do not have any rules as such here, but maybe some brief guidelines may help some people to stop such situations happening again. I got scammed for a hard drive once and the feeling is terrible, especially when you were at university without a pot to piss in when it happened :-(

mancmackem said:
I've emailed Ric some brief ideas and suggestions to see if we can make tickets any better and safer for trades.

We do not have any rules as such here, but maybe some brief guidelines may help some people to stop such situations happening again. I got scammed for a hard drive once and the feeling is terrible, especially when you were at university without a pot to piss in when it happened :-(

the only way to 100% rule out this would be face to face meetings, and in many cases this would be impractical

we could go down the route of asking forum members selling tickets to provide address/email/phone number/driving licence etc

however these can all be forged/faked/temporary

one possible thought is for there to be a list of known and reputable sellers published on the site who have previously sold tickets, though again there are problems as many people will be looking to sell as a one off and how do you accomodate them??

we'll never be able to rid this sort of scum completely unfortunately

That's true eshires, there will always be one person that falls victim to a seasoned scammer. You just learn from your mistakes. I'd rather not go if i can't meet a person face to face for tickets, or turn up and be let down than send my money over the wires and be completely done over.

But some basic guidelines, much of it would be common sense, but would still help some people keep a clear head when they might fall to being too trusting to get their hands on very rare tickets for popular games.

For example, if someone asks you to pay by paypal via 'gift', then refuse. Pay the normal way, get charged the fees and then at least you still have the chance to claim the money back through dispute as your purchase has more protection. Better paying a little and being covered than paying a little less and losing the lot.

mancmackem said:
That's true eshires, there will always be one person that falls victim to a seasoned scammer. You just learn from your mistakes. I'd rather not go if i can't meet a person face to face for tickets, or turn up and be let down than send my money over the wires and be completely done over.

But some basic guidelines, much of it would be common sense, but would still help some people keep a clear head when they might fall to being too trusting to get their hands on very rare tickets for popular games.

For example, if someone asks you to pay by paypal via 'gift', then refuse. Pay the normal way, get charged the fees and then at least you still have the chance to claim the money back through dispute as your purchase has more protection. Better paying a little and being covered than paying a little less and losing the lot.

yep having that sort of thing at the top of the page as an announcement would certainly be a good idea

If anybody ever sees this twat at the game, be sure to abuse him very loudly and let everyone know what he does, or just follow him to the bogs and paste the filthy rat,good style.

I'm at Uni, and he's scammed me out of over 100 quid for the Arsenal tickets. Furious.

He still goes to games, so if you see him, nail him.

There's reference to this creature on every clubs fansite in the land, Villa, Liverpool, West Ham, Scum Newcastle fans and more have all been done and he's been doing it for years.
FFS, this country is a joke!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.