Scapuzzi- our 4th striker?

ELL107T said:
To me, he does seem a bit thin/lightweight to deal with some of the more physical Premier League defenders though...
That's for the manager to worry about. Hence why Dzeko plays against the likes of Samba / Knight. He tears new arseholes in the big fellas.

He started on the left and I thought he was awful. But when going down the middle he was brilliant, and could be a real prospect. Seems like he has a decent football brain, and got in some good positions. Like for 'his' goal and both of Edin's.

He's onmly played one game for us, so I don't think we can throw him in to anything too strenuous.

Got to ask yourself though, he's already 20 and not made it, and wasn't good enough for AC Milan.

Met his brother on Sunday at the Derby as he was sat in front of me and again he was at Wolves last evening with his parents - very chuffed for him and his family & hopefully I'll keep up the friendship going forward.

Seem like very nice family & I agree with other posts on here - some very nice assists on your debut.

Met Luca a few times. Cannot praise him enough. He loves it here at City, and he gets our passion. Modest, polite , decent lad. Hope he has a long and great career with us.

I was impressed with his first touch. I didn't like him when he had the ball in wide areas, but i don't blame him - he's a striker not a winger. His selflessness to square the ball to Dzeko for the 5th was my favourite part of the match.

He did well, but i'm not sure he's good enough to be 4th choice. He's 20 years old and not playing regular 1st team football. There's a glaring message in that!

Looked quality at times and disapointing at others.

Some of his touches and passes were quality but he looked really lightweight out there, got frustrated when he went into a 50/50 very weak and lost the ball. Hopefully he will develop though

BuckersMCFC said:
He started on the left and I thought he was awful. But when going down the middle he was brilliant, and could be a real prospect. Seems like he has a decent football brain, and got in some good positions. Like for 'his' goal and both of Edin's.

He's onmly played one game for us, so I don't think we can throw him in to anything too strenuous.

Got to ask yourself though, he's already 20 and not made it, and wasn't good enough for AC Milan.
Thank god Dzeko wasn't written off at 20

n_mcfc said:
He seems very un-Italian in his style if that makes sense.

I think Andy Welsh deserves a lot of credit if Scapuzzi makes a few more appearances. He's very hard-working and comfortable on the ball too.

WTF we got him on a free from Milan in the summer that clueless tw*t Welsh has had nothing what so ever to do with Scappuzzi's development.

Tricky_Trev said:
I was impressed with his first touch. I didn't like him when he had the ball in wide areas, but i don't blame him - he's a striker not a winger. His selflessness to square the ball to Dzeko for the 5th was my favourite part of the match.

He did well, but i'm not sure he's good enough to be 4th choice. He's 20 years old and not playing regular 1st team football. There's a glaring message in that!

This about sums it up for me. He has struggled in EDS games to date but clearly is more at home in a striker role than either left side or midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.