Scapuzzi- our 4th striker?

Looked very at ease on the ball the few chances he had to dribble with it, thought he was Nasri a couple of times

I thought for a young lad in this squad, he had a good game, of course he's not a first team starter yet, but would you sooner rely on him or tevez ? (TevezCity need not reply).

Does anyone understand why his goal was given as an OG ? He blasted it goal wards from about 5 yards, the keeper attempted to save it and didn't, why is that an OG ?

cleavers said:
I thought for a young lad in this squad, he had a good game, of course he's not a first team starter yet, but would you sooner rely on him or tevez ? (TevezCity need not reply).

Does anyone understand why his goal was given as an OG ? He blasted it goal wards from about 5 yards, the keeper attempted to save it and didn't, why is that an OG ?
The defender blocked it on the line and it then bounced back off the keeper and into the net.

Tricky_Trev said:
The defender blocked it on the line and it then bounced back off the keeper and into the net.
Really ? Fair enough, I watched the replay last night and still didn't spot it. I'll have to watch it again.

Please dont say wolves are bad opponents, because theyre not. Saying things like that make you an arrogant fan. Teams that our lower than us are dangerous because they have a lot of spirit, and that spirit clawed them 2 goals which we shouldnt be conceding.
Scapuzzi did look very good, happy that the liverpool and arsenal fans are impressed too, shame they cant have him, and he's al ours, as well as Dennis suarez who looked very comfortable on the ball, and is a great nextgen playmaker after silva and nasri.

Thought he was okay but like many have he does seem very lightweight and it also has to said why he started when hes been at the club a few months and players like roman and bunn dont even get in the squad.

Let's not get too carried away - I don't think we can compete in the league, cup and Europe without another striker, if Tevez goes. May mean a signing, may mean Mancini prefers the Silva / Nasri AM types to an out and out, but could also mean an opportunity for him too - he can evidently play wide or central, which is a plus. Scapuzzi starting last night was a reward for his hard work no doubt, and a heads up to Tevez. He's not in consideration any more.

His performance last night was decent - nervous to start, few heavy touches, but he grew into the game. Good tenacity for 'his' goal and excellent movement and pass to Dzeko for the goal later on. It's something for him to build on. Between now and end of December we have a load of games, Tevez won't be considered evidently so there's potentially a place on the bench initially if he's up for it, and playing with this bunch of players he'll learn to take advantage of movement and passing, be comfortable on the ball, and get plenty of chances to score also.

Right move to bring him off though, despite the fact he was looking more comfortable and contributing more and more, and that Rekik impressed me greatly when he came on also - great composure, decent in the air, good positioning and at least on excellent challenge to prevent a clear shot on goal.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Thought he was okay but like many have he does seem very lightweight and it also has to said why he started when hes been at the club a few months and players like roman and bunn dont even get in the squad.
Maybe our coaches rate him higher than the other 2, they do see him training every day. As for lightweight, maybe, but no more so than our english winger, and playing is what builds that up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.