Scapuzzi- our 4th striker?

cleavers said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Thought he was okay but like many have he does seem very lightweight and it also has to said why he started when hes been at the club a few months and players like roman and bunn dont even get in the squad.
Maybe our coaches rate him higher than the other 2, they do see him training every day. As for lightweight, maybe, but no more so than our english winger, and playing is what builds that up.

I think that we will see some big changes over the next 5 years in the youth setup, in terms of staff and (for want of a better word), product. Thats not to say we haven't produced anyone, Micah and Hart are at the moment, first choices (they also should be for England to), but I think its the quality of players like (grits teeth), Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc, that we are looking for. In Suarez, I think we have already found one and I expect more to follow.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:45 am --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
Didn't think much of him myself. To say he was 20, didn't look good enough.

I was much more encouraged by the two younger lads.

Agreed Dave, the way Suarez regularly turned his marker (he's only 18), was very interesting.

Didsbury Dave said:
Didn't think much of him myself. To say he was 20, didn't look good enough.

I was much more encouraged by the two younger lads.

Exactly, he's only 20! Considering it was his first start, I think he did well - came close to scoring one, scored one (yes I know it'll go down as an o.g.) and set up the last goal. Couple that with some good hold-up play and passing and I think he did well.

I love how people write prospects off at 20 years old (cos they would've made an impact by now).

Scapuzzi looks to have a deft touch about him and a lot of composure, he lost his way a little at Milan for one reason - a serious knee injury, I believe he will become our 4th striker the rest of the way and who knows after that? Mancini obviously rates him, and I know who's opinion is gospel to me.

I need to see more of him, that first turn and shot he took against Wolves wetted my appetite!

He'll do for now but it was noticeable how easy he was muscled out of the game before we as a team took control and he might need to bulk up some. His last assist was beautiful. If we don't buy I expect he'll be 5th choice striker next season (and we do need one just like the scum have Owen, Diouf, and Macheda as 5th, 6th, and 7th choice strikers somehow) with Guidetti as 4th choice.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/Scapuzzi-post-match-interview-Wolves-v-City-26-October" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/ ... 26-October</a>

Like someone else said he was tipped for big things at Milan before a bad knee injury, the record in serie B is worrying, but who was he playing with? It's hard to score if your team aren't creating chances.

The one thing that impresses me about him is his movement. That's hard to teach, reminds me a bit of that little mexican c*nt in salford. He's definitely got something about him, will be interesting to see how he develops

he had a great game had suarez started and done what he did everyone here would be praising him he's only twenty and i believe he will only get better.
had a couple of bad passes but so did dzeko,razak and most of the team, his fist touch seemed better than dzeko's and the way he turned elokobi in the box was a shows of his class, could of had a hat-trick if not for some good saves and some unselfish play . not as hyped as suarez,razak or rekik but was the best of all the youngsters on the pitch albeit the oldest seems the closes to first team football in my opinion.

I really liked him, don't know about you guys but kid impressed me. Excellent technique and touch, his a witty dribbler too....
He could develop into excellent player (AM/F), and you should take into account that some develop at 18 yrs old, some much later sometime at 24, 25. You never know how will player develop and especially at what age, right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.