Just on the ref, I'm assuming the minute he was told to give a penalty, then he had to give a yellow really as it's a deliberate handball - it's either both or nothing.

The one thing I thought he did do well was for Sterlings goal as plenty of refs are conned
by the defender in that situation.

Schalke got their payback at the end for being a shower of fanny wipes throughout the game.

The player that stayed down ahead of the first goal was not injured in any way, they did that sort of thing repeatedly so fvck them.

The defender was absolute wank at the winner, got what he deserved.

Can someone tell me if VAR is only meant for clear and obvious mistakes? The fact they took 3 minutes to give the first penalty shows it wasn't clear and obvious.

I was also frustrated with their free kick for their 2nd penalty. Silva won the ball.

Not according to Dermot Gallagher who has stated that the 1st one was very harsh and that in the premier league they would have looked at the freekick and if a player was offside that was involved in the play which Sane was then they would have given offside so maybe not as clear cut as you think
He’s wrong by both the letter and interpretation of the offside law. No offence is committed until a player goes near the ball to interfere with play. He never got a chance as he was bloody rugby tackled.

Absolutely buzzing and all, but a couple of caveats need to be made. That was a victory of guts and character, rather than much else. It's good that we've got that in our locker, too. Poor selection error by Pep, in my opinion. Sané should have been on that pitch all night long. Any lad that age who goes back to his old club has got a point to prove. And any lad that goes back to his country, who didn't select him for the World Cup – God knows why! – has got a point to prove, big time. At the very least, when it was clear that Raheem was having a poor night, working tirelessly but constantly making wrong decisions, and running up blind alleys, Sané should have been on much earlier in the second half. Yes, I'm well aware that that means Raz wouldn't have been on to score the tap-in. But I don't even believe we would have been in the position where it was needed, if Leroy had been on.
Bellend behaviour by Ota. He was on a yellow, you just don't do that.
Two completely unreal dead ball strikes. Leroy's. And Eddie's.
One other thing. Tonight totally exposed the limits of VAR. The first penalty is downright outrageous. The second is no penalty, either, in my view. The Schalke player feels Laporte's hand on his hip, he thinks “Right, I'm going to try this one, I'm going down and I'm going to see if the ref swallows it”. He did. And it was “confirmed” by the people in the back room.
Most importantly, though – buzzing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.