Scotland at the Euros

Can't see them getting anything against Germany. But usually opening games are very tight.

Possibly points against the Swiss & Hungary.

I do guarantee to hear a difference in reporting, Drunk Scots will be classed as lovely whilst the English doing it will be classed as scum.

Oh and a few Anti-Rangers chants from the Tartan army ;-)
Drunk Scots make friends for life with the locals. Drunk English fans …
There are solid reasons the reporting is different.

Scotland in tournaments are like Norway in Eurovision during the 70's.....So its a "Nul-points" from me. First team to be eliminated!
A
Scotland in tournaments are like Norway in Eurovision during the 70's.....So its a "Nul-points" from me. First team to be eliminated!
Ye only got one point in the last one.
An easy point at Wembley but the two defeats at Hampden was a huge disappointment.

A
Ye only got one point in the last one.
An easy point at Wembley but the two defeats at Hampden was a huge disappointment.
Most expect the probable plucky defeat in the opening match against Germany. But I believe Scotland fans and British media and pundits are seriously underestimating Switzerland and Hungary. I can easily see a 1-0 loss in their second game and early elimination.

But I see the same for England as I think both Serbia and Denmark will be tough games that England will not win.

I have to say, i'm not overly confident about our chances of getting too far. For some reason the attractive, fluid football we were playing for the first 75% of the qualifying campaign has disappeared, followed by a series of poor displays. The other night against Gibraltar was a pretty tough watch.
Some big injuries, and lack of accomplished attackers is a big worry, as i just dont really see where the goals are going to come from. Shankland just isnt cut out for it at this level, so its big pressure on Che Adams who's decent, but hasn't exactly been prolific in a scotland shirt.

Anyway, lets just enjoy the occasion and see where it gets us. For us to be at the tournament in itself is an incredible feat.
It isn't really is it? You were in a group of 5 and 3 of those teams qualified. You basically had to beat Norway (decent result), Cyprus and Georgia with a collection of Premier League players.

Most expect the probable plucky defeat in the opening match against Germany. But I believe Scotland fans and British media and pundits are seriously underestimating Switzerland and Hungary. I can easily see a 1-0 loss in their second game and early elimination.

But I see the same for England as I think both Serbia and Denmark will be tough games that England will not win.
Not a scenario we haven’t thought of. Let’s face it, who would be surprised if we got blootered out first.

The Scotland squad has very limited talent, Defense and attack are very weak, only hope is to flood the midfield, team work and truck loads of luck.
I think we’ll nick a goal against Hungary but I’ve no clue where from as we are dreadful, compare Scotland squad with England and it is a total joke
Germany 4v0
Switzerland 2v0
Hungary 2v1

It isn't really is it? You were in a group of 5 and 3 of those teams qualified. You basically had to beat Norway (decent result), Cyprus and Georgia with a collection of Premier League players.
It’s a miracle we finished above Norway to be fair

The Scotland squad has very limited talent, Defense and attack are very weak, only hope is to flood the midfield, team work and truck loads of luck.
I think we’ll nick a goal against Hungary but I’ve no clue where from as we are dreadful, compare Scotland squad with England and it is a total joke
Germany 4v0
Switzerland 2v0
Hungary 2v1
Yeah, when you consider how weak we are in some key areas (central defence and up front), you have to think Clarke is pretty much maximising what he has overall.

Keep it solid and hope the chances fall to McGinn or McTominay.

Think Dykes is quite a big miss, very limited player but his fight and aggression in the box always gives us the option of just getting as many balls in the box as possible, then picking up the second balls.

Be pleasantly surprised if we get a win and score a few goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.