Scotland v England - Tue 12th Sept, 19:45 | Friendly

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there anyway of proving it to say it’s true or not ?

Southgate has the highest win% for England than any other manager , got us to our first ever Euros finals only to lose on pens and has won as many knockout games between 2018-2023 than England have achieved between 1966-2017

Also we were top scorers last World Cup and youngest squad selected.

really would love to see what the next manager will bring that’s so much better aside from actually winning a major.
As you said, anyone that manages to actually win a major tournament will instantly be better than Southgate.

And any nation that we consider our rivals to that feat (even though we aren’t actually competition for them under Southgate, so that is a misplaced delusion of grandeur) has winning a major tournament as the ultimate measure of success. And thus they have seen many new managers when that has not occurred.

Only England measures success based on a coefficient based on average age of the squad, overall goal scoring, and win percentage.

Phillips was ok you know, but he still has a tendency to drift towards an opposition player instead of drifting into space. This creates an oh-shit moment with somebody quickly on him and little time to find a pass. And when he did find space it was usually a pass backwards or sideways. He needs to be much more creative and dynamic for Pep, but for England, and Southgate, it might be enough.

There's nothing wrong with his ability, he is a very decent footballer, I'm just not really sure he's suited to being at City but he would definitely do a good job in another team.

I just think for the way we play at city, someone in that position needs to be truly top level and he's not really that, there's no shame in that though.

I hate to be the one to say this but I think everyone needs to give Harry Maguire a break. The level of abuse and ridicule the guy is getting feels uncomfortable

Everyone needs to give all players/managers/officials a break. It’s embarrassing how much pent up anger and outrage there is over a game of football.

Social media has played a major part I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.