Scotland v England - Tue 12th Sept, 19:45 | Friendly

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is simply not true. We’ve been okay, underachieving if anything.

Is there anyway of proving it to say it’s true or not ?

Southgate has the highest win% for England than any other manager , got us to our first ever Euros finals only to lose on pens and has won as many knockout games between 2018-2023 than England have achieved between 1966-2017

Also we were top scorers last World Cup and youngest squad selected.

really would love to see what the next manager will bring that’s so much better aside from actually winning a major.

I hate to be the one to say this but I think everyone needs to give Harry Maguire a break. The level of abuse and ridicule the guy is getting feels uncomfortable
I do think some of the ridicule he gets is over the top (I only make jokes on here and WhatsApp; nothing more public, not even at matches when I still went).

But he doesn’t help himself with being a test off the pitch, by all accounts.

Fair points.

Maguire (usually) is mr reliable for England, nothing special I agree, but he does offer plenty of experience and let’s not forget off the pitch experience- there’s a reason Kane gave his captains band when he got subbed.

Midfield selection, yeh maybe - aside the outrage over Henderson I don’t see what more fans want, Rice and Bellingham is stuff of dreams!

Sitting back in big games is not always down to the manager, that’s the nature of football. Opposition sides need to go for the kill and team protecting lead sits back. Happens is most games between two close top sides.
Rice and Bellingham could be supplemented by a Foden or a Maddison, the Henderson or Phillips selection is overly defensive IMO.

Phillips was ok you know, but he still has a tendency to drift towards an opposition player instead of drifting into space. This creates an oh-shit moment with somebody quickly on him and little time to find a pass. And when he did find space it was usually a pass backwards or sideways. He needs to be much more creative and dynamic for Pep, but for England, and Southgate, it might be enough.

Nailed it there on Phillips. Walker was conducting him at points tonight. He's good technically, can tackle and sprays the ball about nicely but just lacks that awareness. Obviously we thought we could coach it into him but seems like its not working.

I’m giving my opinion on England

We’ve been in a good place for a long time now under Southgate, spirit and unity especially

But also watching so many young lads get a chance, youngest squad at WC and Euros.

not sure that’s wum but there you go.

Anyway, always great to beat Scots in their backyard. Well done boys.

Try harder mate haha

You’ve come up with some speech there, almost inspirational. It’s Scotland, I didn’t really want to comment on Southgate after beating Scotland as nobody needed to but you have. We didn’t beat Scotland due to a Southgate masterclass, we beat them because they’re shite and our player are much better regardless of tactics.

Southgate still needs to go, this will probably earn him a new contract nonetheless, as you say he’s the best England manager we’ve had since 66…. Ha

Is there anyway of proving it to say it’s true or not ?

Southgate has the highest win% for England than any other manager , got us to our first ever Euros finals only to lose on pens and has won as many knockout games between 2018-2023 than England have achieved between 1966-2017

Also we were top scorers last World Cup and youngest squad selected.

really would love to see what the next manager will bring that’s so much better aside from actually winning a major.
Six goals against Iran is nothing to write home about. It’s like West Ham beating Billericay. Your stats don’t take into account the mediocre sides we play in group stages and that every half decent side we come up against we fail to beat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.