Scotland v England - Tue 12th Sept, 19:45 | Friendly

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the grand scheme of things against the top teams they are average.
Robertson plays for a top team the rest don't.He was shite.
That was my point. Against the real elite the team are average but for a Scotland team they are very decent and as much as I dislike the manager he has done an excellent job.

I’d also say Villa are a very decent team and McGinn is certainly one of their better players

I think the treatment of Harry Maguire has gone too far now and Gareth Southgate has played his part in that.

It's out and out bullying now. The constant memes and videos online, the articles written by so-called professional journalists, the Arsenal and Scotland fans cheering him onto the pitch and mocking his every touch (don't get me wrong, football fans en masse aren't likely to consider the feelings of an opposition player if they can gain a slight advantage for their own team).

A long time ago, Southgate should've taken him out of the firing line and he should've been more a cameo player for England to keep him involved rather than a guaranteed starter regardless of him having a torrid time at United.

Maguire's said all the right things since Tuesday night, but his mental state must be shocking at present. His problem is that every time he appears for United or England, he is under such incredible pressure not to making the slightest mistake or the situation gets far worse. I actually felt sorry for him the other night and didn't find his own goal amusing in the slightest.

He maybe should have made the move away from United during the summer and cleared his head away from the goldfish bowl but how many players (Zinchenko, Stones, Phillips at City to name a few) have dug their heels in when struggling at a club out of personal pride and back themselves to turn things around at a club they really want to be at?

I just hope this doesn't turn into a major issue for him.

I did say arguably the best …
they aren't the best though by a long shot and despite their rankings will have trouble against any team that is well coached, dominates possession and is strong in midfield (thats not Scotland). They could be one of the very best if not the best if they had a more forward thinking coach.

they aren't the best though by a long shot and despite their rankings will have trouble against any team that is well coached, dominates possession and is strong in midfield (thats not Scotland). They could be one of the very best if not the best if they had a more forward thinking coach.
Are you fishing for BlueHammer?

I was reading how we were playing so well and would best England and I thought. What fucking planet are these people on? England are several levels above us. Our strikers are absolute shite. I canny remember many worse forward lines. I can’t remember a shot on target.

We've not been blessed with a top forward or creative player in decades.

I look at ROI with Keane and now Ferguson, Wales with Bale and Ramsey, even David Healy's record at Northern Ireland isn't too shabby considering some of the dross around him. Scotland just don't seem to produce quality attacking players. Perhaps, and I'm loathe to say it, Ben Doak might be just that but we'll have to wait and see.

As much as Gilmour, McGinn and McTominay are decent enough footballers and playing at a very high level, I don't have any of them down as the attacking threat which some of the other home nations (and ROI) produce. Even other similar sized countries - Uruguay, Croatia, Norway, Denmark, Serbia. All of them have had some top attacking players over the last few decades...we just don't seem able to do it and I don't know why.

I look at ROI with Keane and now Ferguson, Wales with Bale and Ramsey, even David Healy's record at Northern Ireland isn't too shabby considering some of the dross around him. Scotland just don't seem to produce quality attacking players. Perhaps, and I'm loathe to say it, Ben Doak might be just that but we'll have to wait and see.

As much as Gilmour, McGinn and McTominay are decent enough footballers and playing at a very high level, I don't have any of them down as the attacking threat which some of the other home nations (and ROI) produce. Even other similar sized countries - Uruguay, Croatia, Norway, Denmark, Serbia. All of them have had some top attacking players over the last few decades...we just don't seem able to do it and I don't know why.
I thought they said the other night McTominay was the top goal scorer in the Euros Campaign? Might have picked that up wrong though

McFadden Scotlands last?

I thought they said the other night McTominay was the top goal scorer in the Euros Campaign? Might have picked that up wrong though

McFadden Scotlands last?

Yeah he definitely is or at least was the top scorer. Finishing is definitely a strong point of his but I still don't have him down as a particularly creative midfielder. He's got a good engine but usually plays a more defensive role at club level.

McFadden was the one player I had in mind, but again maybe just not quite at the level as some of the others, at least not consistently so.

Dalgleish
Jordan
Law
Lorimer
Gemmell
McCoist
Jinkie

all say hi.

granted not much recently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.