Scotland v England - Tue 12th Sept, 19:45 | Friendly

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely not a chance on earth southgate would pick that attacking line up.
He sets out to not lose and simply isnt good enough to set a team like that up

Plus … wheres “hendo”

Absolutely not a chance any manager in the world would pick that attacking line up.

Absolutely not a chance any manager in the world would pick that attacking line up.
Yeah, Sako doesn’t put anywhere near the defensive effort required for it to work whereas you know Phil and Jack would. Watching Kane meander about last night as if he was playing a testimonial wasn’t great and I’ve not seen enough of Jude to know if he’s got that in him but Rice sitting in and allowing two overlapping fullbacks to shine has potential. Would mean taking a risk though so we can put to bed any hopes of it happening…

Yeah, Sako doesn’t put anywhere near the defensive effort required for it to work whereas you know Phil and Jack would. Watching Kane meander about last night as if he was playing a testimonial wasn’t great and I’ve not seen enough of Jude to know if he’s got that in him but Rice sitting in and allowing two overlapping fullbacks to shine has potential. Would mean taking a risk though so we can put to bed any hopes of it happening…
Add on Saka and Rice have no real form at this moment.
Saka has been average at best since March and Rice since last season.

Ideally, but who are you going to leave behind Stones as the Dias? Dunk? Guehi? Maguire???

Alternatively, could just play a back three, e.g.

———Walker—Stones—Shaw (!)————
——-———-Rice——Phillips———-
Saka—-—Foden——Bellingham——Grealish
—————————Kane————-

Maybe needs a quicker / more direct wide player? Sterling, if he keeps up his form?

Ain‘t gonna happen, but would be interesting to see.
Out of those 3 Dunk, he was very good last night and has been excellent for Brighton for a long time, he's a proper defender. Deserves a run alongside Stones for me.

Pep takes fair players and makes them good. Bellingham is a very good player. I'm pretty sure Pep would have made him great, genuinely one of the world-class players of the next decade. Pep can look at a player and see what he can do before the player himself knows what he can do.
Not sure if that will happen at Real. Tell you what, though, with Mbappé next year, they are going to be some team, what with Vinicius up front as well — if dressing room egos don't get in the way of all that.

Ah well, it wasn't to be.

Agree with your point on Kane, but I think if he was to suffer an injury then they'd be best placed with a Manchester City 21/22 and adapt a false 9, that's assuming there is any manager out there who can get close to replicating what the great man from Catalonia can achieve with that set up.
No need yo worry about Kane being injured . Ivan Toney will be available again from January and you can bet on that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.