Scotland v Hungary - Sun 23rd June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group A

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm Steve Clarke's biggest fan but we got exactly what we deserved tonight. Gutless, negative, slow, backwards, pish.

Not a penalty for me either. Armstrong's movement is completely unnatural, dangles his leg in mid air then moves it directly in front of where the defender is running. Knows fine what he's doing, I don't like it.
Think you are a bit harsh on your country. They weren’t gutless at all. They just aren’t very good…

Didn’t deserve to go through. Nowhere near good enough. So many key players didn’t show up.

If only we had a team worthy of the support. Maybe one day.

I am reminded at such times, of the critique Blackadder gave to Baldrick’s attempt at poetry. The classic Boom Boom Boom.

@It started badly, faded in the middle and the least said about the end, the better. But apart from that? Excellent.”

I’m going outside now. I may be some time.
Oops you did it again..have ecosse ever made it out of the group stage?

Think you are a bit harsh on your country. They weren’t gutless at all. They just aren’t very good…
Perhaps off the ball you have a point. In possession though we turned back at every opportunity, nobody prepared to take a gamble with a forward run or pass. Gave Hungary far too much respect and got what we deserved, imo.

BBC reporting that Varga will require surgery for a broken cheekbone and will miss whatever further involvement Hungary have in the tournament, but is conscious and stable. Considering how it looked on the pitch, that's fantastic news.

Perhaps off the ball you have a point. In possession though we turned back at every opportunity, nobody prepared to take a gamble with a forward run or pass. Gave Hungary far too much respect and got what we deserved, imo.
I think you guys had much more of a go than Hungary. The issue is you don’t have the players who are skillful enough. I was really surprised at how passive Hungary were. I guess it worked out for them in the end.

It’s like when the USA get out of their group in the World Cup and face a team like we did in the last World Cup, holland. They were just better and we weren’t good enough. Tremendous spirit and fight but just lacking good enough players.

I think you guys had much more of a go than Hungary. The issue is you don’t have the players who are skillful enough. I was really surprised at how passive Hungary were. I guess it worked out for them in the end.

It’s like when the USA get out of their group in the World Cup and face a team like we did in the last World Cup, holland. They were just better and we weren’t good enough. Tremendous spirit and fight but just lacking good enough players.

Fairs. But I guess Hungary played so passively because they knew (as you say) we don't have the players capable of hurting them. Could play all night and not look like scoring.

2 goals all tournament, one an OG and the other a massive deflection...says it all.

BBC reporting that Varga will require surgery for a broken cheekbone and will miss whatever further involvement Hungary have in the tournament, but is conscious and stable. Considering how it looked on the pitch, that's fantastic news.

Good to hear he is in a good state. Could have been a lot worse. Angus Gunn was a cowardly thug in that incident.

Better news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.