Scott Sinclair (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd be surprised if a deal isn't done before the window closes. swansea don't want to keep an unhappy player and also a player that has less than a year on his contract. we need a winger with pace who is happy to be a squad player. we also need another home grown player. so we can guess that there aren't many that fit those criteria.

so they need to sell, we need to buy but there's a row on price, chances are it will get done as both clubs need it to happen. besides who is to say that there aren't offer factors such as loyalty bonuses and the like delaying the deal? again these things usually get sorted as otherwise it's all duck or no dinner.

Perhaps the extra days interest by keeping the money in our account until Friday as opposed to buying SS today will pay for Marwood's salary for this week ? Swansea have said they don't need to sell him and, on that basis, if we've offered £6.2 million and they refuse it then don't increase it. Better players out there but it's just a pity Marwood can't sign anyone.

moomba said:
Lancet Fluke said:
It is that simple because there was always going to be demand for AJ. Sunderland wanted him and they would have waited a few more days imo. Unless you're suggesting we were bullied into selling early by Sunderland and are now in turn being bullied by Swansea? If so, what the fuck does that say about the way we negotiate?

It says nothing about the way we negotiate. We got offered a deal for AJ which met our valuation and the manager was happy for him to go. It'll make next to no difference to what we'll pay for Sinclair, unless we allow it to.

Personally I don't think losing AJ means that we need Sinclair. There are plenty of other targets (real or imaginary) that we can make sure Swansea know about. I don't think it would be too much of a problem if we lose AJ and don't get Sinclair in.

Wait a minute, didn't he sign a new contract a few months ago? I know ideally he wanted to leave this summer but I don't reckon he would have gone apeshit if we had made him wait another week or even till Jan.

Mancini was happy for him to leave, AJ was happy to leave. Good enough for me.

Certainly wouldn't want to risk hanging onto him for the sake of saving a few hundred thousand on Sinclair.

So you would genuinely not be happier at this moment in time, with 3 days left in the transfer window, knowing that we at least still have AJ on the bench as an option? Personally, I'd have rather we were buying earlier and then selling to the clubs who are panicking at the end of the window. As it is we are selling players and then allowing ourselves to be the club who is buying in a rush at the end of the window. I am sure you will say this is not the case but it looks like it to me, and I can't really see how buying at the end of the window does anything other than drive up the price as selling clubs realise you are getting desperate.

The closer we go to the window the less likely the price will reduce

We will be in panic buy mode all the other clubs will know and put even higher prices on their players

THere is a distinct possability that we wont be buying any more

pavelsrnicek said:
i'd be surprised if a deal isn't done before the window closes. swansea don't want to keep an unhappy player and also a player that has less than a year on his contract. we need a winger with pace who is happy to be a squad player. we also need another home grown player. so we can guess that there aren't many that fit those criteria.

so they need to sell, we need to buy but there's a row on price, chances are it will get done as both clubs need it to happen. besides who is to say that there aren't offer factors such as loyalty bonuses and the like delaying the deal? again these things usually get sorted as otherwise it's all duck or no dinner.

Other factors ? Like Brian Marwood for example ? It's duck and cover when he's negotiating for us.

Kid wouldn't get a game anyway. I'm only interested in players that improve our first 11.

Lancet Fluke said:
So you would genuinely not be happier at this moment in time, with 3 days left in the transfer window, knowing that we at least still have AJ on the bench as an option? Personally, I'd have rather we were buying earlier and then selling to the clubs who are panicking at the end of the window. As it is we are selling players and then allowing ourselves to be the club who is buying in a rush at the end of the window. I am sure you will say this is not the case but it looks like it to me, and I can't really see how buying at the end of the window does anything other than drive up the price as selling clubs realise you are getting desperate.

Not too bothered, I think we have better options than AJ already at the club.

Buying at the end of the window is typically cheaper when it comes to clubs desperate for get some money in for players that will be worth nothing in 12 months time. Always bargains to be had around the end of the window.

I'd prefer we got our business done early, but it's just not as simple as people are making out. There's other clubs involved and they have no interest in helping us get our squad ready by the start of August.

MCFC BOB said:
Let's go for Mertens for around the same price.

This all day long, Mertens is a cracker, prob more pace than Sinclair and I can't see PSV messing us about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.