Status
Not open for further replies.
BorisTheBlue said:
Interesting from Mourinho: the [transfer] door is still open, both in and OUT

CR7 ???

Ozil??

Alonso??
Him [Mourinho] being sacked maybe?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz_uaFjFzhU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

GerBlueBear said:
omcfc said:
Eggsy said:
Somebody like Wiess ?

Haha yeah. Or even nobody! Just walk away. Then Swansea are sat there having passed up on the opportunity to get £6M for a player who will walk next year for nowt. At least clubs will no we are prepared to do it. That will be the capital we take into future negotiations. It'll be worth it in the long run.

Totally agree, this transfer makes more of a statement of how we deal business now than if we negotiated a huge money signing for a star player. It is a shame for us and Sinclair we can't make the move happen though, I believe we need him now AJ has gone.

Agreed, I'd have liked him to come on reasonable terms but it seems that it might not happen. Having said that, the only thing I'd hate more than him not coming is him coming for £12M and a stupid wage and us looking like mugs again. Time to leave the offer on the table and walk away.

moomba said:
Lancet Fluke said:
A week ago we could have told them to fuck off when they tried it on, now I'm not so sure we can, unless we are happy to risk finishing the window with less attacking options than we had at the start of the window.

And be stuck with an unhappy AJ who didn't want to be with the club. Nah.

thats what i just posted,but about sinclair......its going to be the same for them....they will sell,late on friday IMO..

moomba said:
re Johnson being sold before Sinclair is bought, it's not that simple.

Sunderland have a say in this as do Swansea, they both want the best deal for their club.

If Sunderland wanted AJ now, and were prepared to walk away, is their much we could have done (presuming we did want rid).

It is that simple because there was always going to be demand for AJ. Sunderland wanted him and they would have waited a few more days imo. Unless you're suggesting we were bullied into selling early by Sunderland and are now in turn being bullied by Swansea? If so, what the fuck does that say about the way we negotiate?<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:50 pm --<br /><br />
moomba said:
Lancet Fluke said:
A week ago we could have told them to fuck off when they tried it on, now I'm not so sure we can, unless we are happy to risk finishing the window with less attacking options than we had at the start of the window.

And be stuck with an unhappy AJ who didn't want to be with the club. Nah.

Wait a minute, didn't he sign a new contract a few months ago? I know ideally he wanted to leave this summer but I don't reckon he would have gone apeshit if we had made him wait another week or even till Jan.

we WILL have a replacement for Johnson... Mancini said himself that if we're going to sell players we need to bring in replacements otherwise it's "impozzible"

i am sure that something very positive is happening behind the scenes, none of us, including the papers and sky news, have any idea what is ACTUALLY going on

Lancet Fluke said:
It is that simple because there was always going to be demand for AJ. Sunderland wanted him and they would have waited a few more days imo. Unless you're suggesting we were bullied into selling early by Sunderland and are now in turn being bullied by Swansea? If so, what the fuck does that say about the way we negotiate?

It says nothing about the way we negotiate. We got offered a deal for AJ which met our valuation and the manager was happy for him to go. It'll make next to no difference to what we'll pay for Sinclair, unless we allow it to.

Personally I don't think losing AJ means that we need Sinclair. There are plenty of other targets (real or imaginary) that we can make sure Swansea know about. I don't think it would be too much of a problem if we lose AJ and don't get Sinclair in.

Wait a minute, didn't he sign a new contract a few months ago? I know ideally he wanted to leave this summer but I don't reckon he would have gone apeshit if we had made him wait another week or even till Jan.

Mancini was happy for him to leave, AJ was happy to leave. Good enough for me.

Certainly wouldn't want to risk hanging onto him for the sake of saving a few hundred thousand on Sinclair. Particularly when holding on to AJ for another week costs us £80-90k a pop.

cookster said:
Swansea think the gravy train is in town. Just walk away from this deal.

They are being a bit Billy Big Time. If Sinclair had a couple of years left on his contract then they would be in a much stronger bargaining position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.