Scott Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soulboy said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Don't understand the love-in for Johnson to be honest. One trick pony and he doesn't trick that many defenders any more. I won't miss him. We lack real pace and Sinclair has it in abundance. Mancini will remember him excelling on the break against us last season.

"Excelling against us last season"... what game was that mate?

I went to both of them, and in both of them he did nothing to trouble us.

Not the biggest fan of AJ, but he's better than Sinclair on every level.

And what's with this "pacy winger"we suddenly need? We've just let Weiss go for £1.3m last week!
If it is a Mancini signing, he must have identified that type of winger, believing Weiss not to be up to the job.

I was over the moon when we signed AJ but for me he hasn't developed much at all. As I have said on many AJ topics for me he should be played on the left. This is the position he played when he caught our eye and this is his natural spot. His lack of pace means he constantly has to cut inside and against the top defenders they just show him down the line where more often or not he loses it. I would much rather see him whipping balls in the box with his left foot than trying to dribble past 3/4 players before even getting the chance to pass/shoot.

Sinclair will provide us with the raw pace our side lacks. Against sides who park the bus, and there will be even more next season, pace could be our answer to unlocking them. In my opinion IF we sign SS then it can only be a positive move as it gives us another avenue of attack.

Pigeonho said:
Soulboy said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Don't understand the love-in for Johnson to be honest. One trick pony and he doesn't trick that many defenders any more. I won't miss him. We lack real pace and Sinclair has it in abundance. Mancini will remember him excelling on the break against us last season.

And what's with this "pacy winger"we suddenly need? We've just let Weiss go for £1.3m last week!
If it is a Mancini signing, he must have identified that type of winger, believing Weiss not to be up to the job.

Well if that's the case then Mancini and whoever else above him need to communicate a little, cos there is no way Sinclair is worth £6-7 million more than Weiss. Both are gambles, might as well have kept the City kid and put the sinclair money towards a player who is actually worth a wank

He does track back well I've seen that in his play and with pace! Might use him as a wingback if we are going to be playing 3 at the back..

The Fat el Hombre said:
Pigeonho said:
Soulboy said:

Well if that's the case then Mancini and whoever else above him need to communicate a little, cos there is no way Sinclair is worth £6-7 million more than Weiss. Both are gambles, might as well have kept the City kid and put the sinclair money towards a player who is actually worth a wank

We might as well have paid Hazards agent with the 6-7 million we're gonna waste on Sir Scott.

* cough *

Soulboy said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

He had a goal chalked off at there place and left Clichy and Lescott for dead on more than one occasion, were you facing the pitch.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Soulboy said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

He had a goal chalked off at there place and left Clichy and Lescott for dead on more than one occasion, were you facing the pitch.

If he "left for dead" two of our back 4, how come I don't recall Swansea ever troubling us at the back? Couldn't he pick a man out of something even though he had "left for dead" our defenders.

All I remember is that their goal came from the right wing.

Were you too drunk to take it all in?

mcfcdjr said:
I was over the moon when we signed AJ but for me he hasn't developed much at all. As I have said on many AJ topics for me he should be played on the left. This is the position he played when he caught our eye and this is his natural spot. His lack of pace means he constantly has to cut inside and against the top defenders they just show him down the line where more often or not he loses it. I would much rather see him whipping balls in the box with his left foot than trying to dribble past 3/4 players before even getting the chance to pass/shoot.

Sinclair will provide us with the raw pace our side lacks. Against sides who park the bus, and there will be even more next season, pace could be our answer to unlocking them. In my opinion IF we sign SS then it can only be a positive move as it gives us another avenue of attack.

It's not... He played on the right at 'boro with Downing on the left and I think he's said several times that he prefers the right.

Soulboy said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Soulboy said:

If he "left for dead" two of our back 4, how come I don't recall Swansea ever troubling us at the back? Couldn't he pick a man out of something even though he had "left for dead" our defenders.

All I remember is that their goal came from the right wing.

Were you too drunk to take it all in?

Ha ha probably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.