Scott Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graceyboy said:
Last season, Mancini had 2 "Plan B's" that he tried out in the main part. One was trying to utilise some width, AJ/AK to serve Dzeko, and another was to push Yaya more forward. It was the latter plan that had more success. The former never really worked.

With teams now knowing how effective the Yaya plan is, they will be doing their homework to snuff that out for next season, thats why Mancini needs to focus on another Plan B.

It may well be to try the same system to maximise Dzeko's key assets, but with different servants. The pursuit of a wide player in Scott Sinclair shows to me he is sticking with this option, and for me, a good coice in tactic.

You have to look at the system that Mancini wants to achieve to understand that the transfer policy is dictacted by what player atributes he is looking for. If the incumbant players don't seem able to fill the role, or learn to fill that roll, then you look at replacing them. Its just like in any other employment. "If you can't change the person, change the person" and I think we have given AJ plenty of time to fulfill that roll with limited success. Its now time to try someone else. And why not try a young upcoming player with prem experiance who played well in a team that were tipped to go straight back down to the championship however supprised everyone with their free flowing brand of football.

I say we back our Manager, and we back the players he see's fit to pull on the hallowed blue shirt (or purple shirt) of Manchester City. It doesn't matter that they didn't cost £30mil, we will be delighted at the day when some of our youth players come through and hold down a first team birth, they don't cost these sums of transfer fees.

CTID

-- Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:59 am --

Last season, Mancini had 2 "Plan B's" that he tried out in the main part. One was trying to utilise some width, AJ/AK to serve Dzeko, and another was to push Yaya more forward. It was the latter plan that had more success. The former never really worked.

With teams now knowing how effective the Yaya plan is, they will be doing their homework to snuff that out for next season, thats why Mancini needs to focus on another Plan B.

It may well be to try the same system to maximise Dzeko's key assets, but with different servants. The pursuit of a wide player in Scott Sinclair shows to me he is sticking with this option, and for me, a good coice in tactic.

You have to look at the system that Mancini wants to achieve to understand that the transfer policy is dictacted by what player atributes he is looking for. If the incumbant players don't seem able to fill the role, or learn to fill that roll, then you look at replacing them. Its just like in any other employment. "If you can't change the person, change the person" and I think we have given AJ plenty of time to fulfill that roll with limited success. Its now time to try someone else. And why not try a young upcoming player with prem experiance who played well in a team that were tipped to go straight back down to the championship however supprised everyone with their free flowing brand of football.

I say we back our Manager, and we back the players he see's fit to pull on the hallowed blue shirt (or purple shirt) of Manchester City. It doesn't matter that they didn't cost £30mil, we will be delighted at the day when some of our youth players come through and hold down a first team birth, they don't cost these sums of transfer fees.

CTID

Good post.

Johnson even with his valuable goals and his great start has quite simply not performed well, too many times.

Anybody who has watched this lad play has surely seen enough to know that he is more effective at beating a man then Johnson.
Sinclair is a lot faster too but he is no 'speed merchant' there is a lot more to his game.

I can see this being a very good signing just as long as he fully understands his role.

I'd much prefer dyer, a more direct player who a lot like swp, takes a good kicking but doesn't shy away from the next tackle, Sinclair for me is far to soft and has similar traits to AJ, however bob knows what he's doing, he may feel he can bring him on as a player!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
I'd much prefer dyer, a more direct player who a lot like swp, takes a good kicking but doesn't shy away from the next tackle, Sinclair for me is far to soft and has similar traits to AJ, however bob knows what he's doing, he may feel he can bring him on as a player!!
Dyer is dire

johnny crossan said:
Dyer is dire

dyer was the best player on the pitch against us in both fixtures last season.

and against other teams, tricky, quick and basically like sinclair but has about the same pace.

i'd prefer Dyer to Sinclair.

If we are interested in adding an option like Sinclair then I'm surprised we haven't shown any interest in Moses. He's probably a bit more raw but he is quick, right footed, also has a decent left foot and is still very young with loads of potential. Seems to be in the same price bracket as Sinclair.

johnny crossan said:
Dyer is dire

In your opinion, however against the big teams last year he was a handful, arsenal, Chelsea, and united he was excellent, Sinclair is very powder puff, easily ushered out of games due to his slight frame- I'd take dyer all day with the way we play, put Richards behind a guy like that and we're cooking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.