Scott Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamann Pineapple said:
Soulboy said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
He had a goal chalked off at there place and left Clichy and Lescott for dead on more than one occasion, were you facing the pitch.

If he "left for dead" two of our back 4, how come I don't recall Swansea ever troubling us at the back? Couldn't he pick a man out of something even though he had "left for dead" our defenders.

All I remember is that their goal came from the right wing.

Were you too drunk to take it all in?

Ha ha probably

Then you were the lucky one!

Most we've been outplayed all last season and I had to watch it sober!

I think Lavezzi would have been a 100x better buy but we've missed out on some quality players already this Summer due to us trying to ofload players first...I dont rate him any higher than AJ...but you never know...

As far as speedy wingers go I'd have much rather we'd gone all out to sign Ocampos, that lad has all the attributes to be one of the best players on the planet within the next 2 or 3 year. ah well, we'll probably be bidding £50m for him by then.

Pigeonho said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Pigeonho said:
For the sake of the team, hopefully i'll be proven right and you won't.

How is putting a second rate player in good for the team? What help is it to Silva and Yaya having to carry a crap player?
This is it though see, if it is all true and Mancini does fancy him, he ,(Mancini), has obviously seen he could bring something to the team. I think too many on here see him as 'Scott Sinclair from Swansea', and not '(insert mega name here) from Spain'. I would even suggest that many haven't seen him play that much to actually label him as shit. I definitely haven't seen him enough to say he will be a first team regular and will single handedly win us the league, but I have seen enough to see that he's a decent player. Mancini may think he can turn that decent player from a decent side into a really good player in world class side.
Very well said Sir Pigeon.
I watched Swansea a lot last season.....(Being a City fan and City not beeing the underdogs anymore!). This guy can play. Like AJ, he can beat a guy, plays intelligently, is instinctive, sees and makes telling through passes and scores some goals out of nothing. Unlike AJ, he's quick, dedicated and most importantly is stll improving!

I think Sinclair is a fine player. I like AJ a bit better though. Not gonna gripe too much about City signings we have smashed it in the transfer market in recent years with one spectacular signing after another.

So…MEH!!

I think Sinclair is one of those players who will look better in a better team with superior players. Some attacking players struggle to make that step up, but I don't think he will.

Let's not kid ourselves here; he's going to be a squad player. He's going to be an option to come off the bench. We needed a fast winger on the bench and now I think he'll be the man to be just that. Sure, he wasn't anyone's first choice and isn't high profile, but he's a good player, a good option, and can still improve loads. Johnson's good, but has no pace, we NEED an option on the wing with pace.

Good signing.

Decent replacement for AJ if he goes to the scousers

But certainly no Lavezzi

has anyone seen Sinclair play on the right? From what i have seen he plays on the left and always come inside. So i really dont understand the width he would provide that Johnson wont

Last season, Mancini had 2 "Plan B's" that he tried out in the main part. One was trying to utilise some width, AJ/AK to serve Dzeko, and another was to push Yaya more forward. It was the latter plan that had more success. The former never really worked.

With teams now knowing how effective the Yaya plan is, they will be doing their homework to snuff that out for next season, thats why Mancini needs to focus on another Plan B.

It may well be to try the same system to maximise Dzeko's key assets, but with different servants. The pursuit of a wide player in Scott Sinclair shows to me he is sticking with this option, and for me, a good coice in tactic.

You have to look at the system that Mancini wants to achieve to understand that the transfer policy is dictacted by what player atributes he is looking for. If the incumbant players don't seem able to fill the role, or learn to fill that roll, then you look at replacing them. Its just like in any other employment. "If you can't change the person, change the person" and I think we have given AJ plenty of time to fulfill that roll with limited success. Its now time to try someone else. And why not try a young upcoming player with prem experiance who played well in a team that were tipped to go straight back down to the championship however supprised everyone with their free flowing brand of football.

I say we back our Manager, and we back the players he see's fit to pull on the hallowed blue shirt (or purple shirt) of Manchester City. It doesn't matter that they didn't cost £30mil, we will be delighted at the day when some of our youth players come through and hold down a first team birth, they don't cost these sums of transfer fees.

CTID<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:59 am --<br /><br />Last season, Mancini had 2 "Plan B's" that he tried out in the main part. One was trying to utilise some width, AJ/AK to serve Dzeko, and another was to push Yaya more forward. It was the latter plan that had more success. The former never really worked.

With teams now knowing how effective the Yaya plan is, they will be doing their homework to snuff that out for next season, thats why Mancini needs to focus on another Plan B.

It may well be to try the same system to maximise Dzeko's key assets, but with different servants. The pursuit of a wide player in Scott Sinclair shows to me he is sticking with this option, and for me, a good coice in tactic.

You have to look at the system that Mancini wants to achieve to understand that the transfer policy is dictacted by what player atributes he is looking for. If the incumbant players don't seem able to fill the role, or learn to fill that roll, then you look at replacing them. Its just like in any other employment. "If you can't change the person, change the person" and I think we have given AJ plenty of time to fulfill that roll with limited success. Its now time to try someone else. And why not try a young upcoming player with prem experiance who played well in a team that were tipped to go straight back down to the championship however supprised everyone with their free flowing brand of football.

I say we back our Manager, and we back the players he see's fit to pull on the hallowed blue shirt (or purple shirt) of Manchester City. It doesn't matter that they didn't cost £30mil, we will be delighted at the day when some of our youth players come through and hold down a first team birth, they don't cost these sums of transfer fees.

CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.