Scottish Football Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Rangers forums last autumn, most of their fans wanted him out. And they'd be more clued up about how their side was performing than I would. His solid start had petered out badly by that time.
You know yourself that a couple of defeats can send any forum into a tailspin, and the pressure on both Old Firm managers is wholly unrealistic. Three draws, a defeat in Perth, and a loss to Celtic meant the League title was already gone before the World Cup had even started, and at the same time their squad was also being exposed in Europe, especially with the Champions League fixtures all squeezed into a shorter period. Perhaps their new manager will do better, but if Beale doesn’t get them through to the Champions League group stages and drops 7 points in the League before Christmas, then he’ll likely face the same criticism.

You know yourself that a couple of defeats can send any forum into a tailspin, and the pressure on both Old Firm managers is wholly unrealistic. Three draws, a defeat in Perth, and a loss to Celtic meant the League title was already gone before the World Cup had even started, and at the same time their squad was also being exposed in Europe, especially with the Champions League fixtures all squeezed into a shorter period. Perhaps their new manager will do better, but if Beale doesn’t get them through to the Champions League group stages and drops 7 points in the League before Christmas, then he’ll likely face the same criticism.
That goes with the gig, doesn't it? Same as at any big club. Klopp has had criticism this season, so has Poundland. And as for Chelsea and Spurs' managers, let's not even go there! Every manager at a "big" club will be more than aware of the inevitable expectations such jobs have. The whole old firm circus is a goldfish bowl. You'd have to be crazy to take either job on, in my opinion. As you said, you're no more than 3 or 4 bad results away from being public enemy number 1 up there. That goes for Postecoglou (thank fuck for Google!) as much as it does for Beale. Ask Neil Lennon!

That goes with the gig, doesn't it? Same as at any big club. Klopp has had criticism this season, so has Poundland. And as for Chelsea and Spurs' managers, let's not even go there! Every manager at a "big" club will be more than aware of the inevitable expectations such jobs have. The whole old firm circus is a goldfish bowl. You'd have to be crazy to take either job on, in my opinion. As you said, you're no more than 3 or 4 bad results away from being public enemy number 1 up there. That goes for Postecoglou (thank fuck for Google!) as much as it does for Beale. Ask Neil Lennon!
Completely agree. It’s apples and pears, I know, but I think we were one draw better off than Rangers in terms of our League performances by the middle of November, sitting second as well, yet there were no calls for Guardiola’s noggin. Of course, we’d stuffed that lot already so everything in the the garden was rosey. Will be interesting to see how long Postecoglou decides to stay in that goldfish bowl or is tempted to a more interesting fish tank.

Much better from the team today. Played with purpose and Cantwell looks a decent prospect. Result was a psychological boost for next season.
Hopefully get rid of the passengers in the close season.

Reactions: ob
Just watched a great comeback from Hearts.
2/2 from 2 down.10 men grab a draw with a last minute penalty.
Dundee Utd the main losers in the relegation battle today.A 3/1 home defeat at home to Ross County.

Just watched a great comeback from Hearts.
2/2 from 2 down.10 men grab a draw with a last minute penalty.
Dundee Utd the main losers in the relegation battle today.A 3/1 home defeat at home to Ross County.
Crucial point for Hearts but maybe like their penalty, too little too late. If they want to finish third, they’ll now have to beat Aberdeen and Hibs at home and still hope that St Mirren win in Aberdeen, which is a tall order. And that’s assuming nobody does anything against the Old Firm. By my reckoning, that’s Hearts’ 9th red card this season (only 3 last year), so they seem to have had a discipline problem.

Relegation now a three-way battle.

Crucial point for Hearts but maybe like their penalty, too little too late. If they want to finish third, they’ll now have to beat Aberdeen and Hibs at home and still hope that St Mirren win in Aberdeen, which is a tall order. And that’s assuming nobody does anything against the Old Firm. By my reckoning, that’s Hearts’ 9th red card this season (only 3 last year), so they seem to have had a discipline problem.

Relegation now a three-way battle.
two harsh reds in the last two games not helping though.

two harsh reds in the last two games not helping though.
Second lowest number of fouls conceded in the league (Aberdeen least), second lowest number of bookings in the league at 60 (Celtic least at 42), yet the highest number of sending offs with 9. That’s a perplexing difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.