Scottish Football Thread - 2023/24

The last thing we need is another plastic pitch. Come on County,
It was actually a truly awful game. Raith tried to play County at their own game and came up well short. 1-2 flatters Raith as they were second best all over the pitch.

Agree on the plastic pitch but I’m also all for the clubs doing something along the lines of the Dutch clubs where teams competing in Europe give back a percentage of their European PROFIT. Time clubs put self interest aside and worked together to improve the product on and off the park. It’ll never happen as too many are merely happy to go along as the product gets poorer year on year

It was actually a truly awful game. Raith tried to play County at their own game and came up well short. 1-2 flatters Raith as they were second best all over the pitch.

Agree on the plastic pitch but I’m also all for the clubs doing something along the lines of the Dutch clubs where teams competing in Europe give back a percentage of their European PROFIT. Time clubs put self interest aside and worked together to improve the product on and off the park. It’ll never happen as too many are merely happy to go along as the product gets poorer year on year
Fuck that. Great to see you being generous with our winnings.

Plus, they do get over £300k when we qualify. Not a word of thanks, probably helped you keep the lights on too.

Plus, they do get over £300k when we qualify. Not a word of thanks, probably helped you keep the lights on too.
Rangers can still qualify for Champions League and have made tens of millions through recent Europa League runs. Rangers recent success has guaranteed Aberdeen this season and Hearts next season group stage football. I don’t want thanked I want the money used to improve those clubs and close the gap and therefore improve the league!

That’s £300,000 split how many ways? Pennies in comparison to the £20-30 million made!

Say 10% of all European profits spread among the clubs would be hugely beneficial to our game.

In return clubs , all clubs, agree to sell out their stadium to the best of their ability. All supporters then know if they don’t support their clubs through the turnstiles then away fans will get those tickets! Again generating more income. It also creates better atmosphere and looks better for TV

To me, that's wrong. A club belongs to the local community, and moving away (even if it is "only" their training base) sends out the wrong message. And it's not just down the road, either....

View attachment 120214

It’s not unusual in Scotland due to the number of ‘central belt’ based players. Many lower league clubs do this

To me, that's wrong. A club belongs to the local community, and moving away (even if it is "only" their training base) sends out the wrong message. And it's not just down the road, either....

View attachment 120214

Of course they belong to the local community.

Another sign of the perilous state in which Scottish football finds itself. It's only going to get worse and I really fear for the survival of many, never mind the further inferior quality football we're about to see over the next few years.

The state of our game is an utter joke and the people who run it have let it become this way. I saw a joint statement from Falkirk, Queen of The South and another couple of clubs this week regarding the decision to have a vote on artificial surfaces in the top flight, clearly with a view to outlawing them.

Yet again being ran for the benefit of two clubs and two clubs only. Others are appeased for the time being but give it time and they'll realise they're picking the wrong side. Back to no jeopardy just like the old 10,000 seater stadium rules which denied a few sides promotion back in the late 90s/early 00s. Stupid is what stupid does.

Really fear for the future of our game up here and stuff like this from Inverness only adds to that. 2 clubs totally bleeding the sport dry.

Rangers can still qualify for Champions League and have made tens of millions through recent Europa League runs. Rangers recent success has guaranteed Aberdeen this season and Hearts next season group stage football. I don’t want thanked I want the money used to improve those clubs and close the gap and therefore improve the league!

That’s £300,000 split how many ways? Pennies in comparison to the £20-30 million made!

Say 10% of all European profits spread among the clubs would be hugely beneficial to our game.

In return clubs , all clubs, agree to sell out their stadium to the best of their ability. All supporters then know if they don’t support their clubs through the turnstiles then away fans will get those tickets! Again generating more income. It also creates better atmosphere and looks better for TV
That was to each club not split

That was to each club not split
If we qualify is that doubled?

You know next time we don’t automatically qualify that many supporters of other clubs will be supporting the opposition in that qualifier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.