Scottish Football Thread | 2024/25

Yeah you cruised it. We were awful. I actually hoped we played a reserve side today and prioritised Thursday night but the fact that we put a full strength side out there and rolled over like that is worrying.

All of that being said, we've been hard done by VAR again. Referees decision at the time looked fine. The tackle was poorly timed and at speed but he pulled back rather than following through and any contact was with his toe rather than Lyons studs.

One of those that I just don't see why VAR has to get involved and re referee the game. What did the referee see upon review that he missed initially? If the answer is nothing then why is he changing his mind?
Hard done by VAR???????

Killie were the club who benefited most from VAR errors and already this season Celtic were denied what looked a clear penalty against Kilmarnock

Not like you to talk utter nonsense

Hard done by VAR???????

Killie were the club who benefited most from VAR errors and already this season Celtic were denied what looked a clear penalty against Kilmarnock

This is Bluemoon; if you want to see "nonsense", go on the match thread any weekend.

This is Bluemoon; if you want to see "nonsense", go on the match thread any weekend.
I know that but it’s every post with this guy. A thirty second google search disproves his old firm crowd claim

A simple search into the independent VAR review board makes a mockery of his VAR claims.

If he’s over 14 years of age it’s beyond embarrassing.

I missed the match thread yesterday as City and Rangers kicked off at the same time.

I know that but it’s every post with this guy. A thirty second google search disproves his old firm crowd claim

A simple search into the independent VAR review board makes a mockery of his VAR claims.

I missed the match thread yesterday as City and Rangers kicked off at the same time.
You watched the Citeh game, shirley?

Good luck in Europe Thursday but from where I was in the stands it looked an obvious red, was off the ground, out of control and studs showing, that was just a normal tackles in days gone by, but now these are deemed a red card

Think McInnes summed the whole incident up well in his interview. Referee was right next to it, was sure he made the right decision at the time but then inexplicably changed his mind. The tackle was fast and a bit high but studs were down and as I say he pulled back when you see it again. Yellow was fine here imo, McInnes calls it right when it's one of those that VAR just doesn't need to involve itself in. That being said, if referee had gave red initially I don't think you could argue clear and obvious error either, again should just have been left to the referee either way.

Think we'll need more than luck on Thursday. Second goal has likely killed it as a contest.

On an Aberdeen note, that performance was night and day from anything i saw from you last season. Some of the movement down the left hand side in particular was impressive and caused us problems throughout.

You're quoting match attendances. Not number of HOME supporters. HOME supports are down when Kilmarnock, St Mirren and others play the old firm. Overall crowd at RP will be HIGHER as Rangers/Celtic bring 4,000 fans to St Johnstone's/Ross County's 100 or so.

That is so fucking simple to understand but here you are struggling along. Is day to day life this complicated for you?

Ahhhh the "independent" VAR review. Comprised of former players, managers and coaches. I assume you realise who the bulk of them will support and the type of characters involved in the nonsense? Independent is a laughable concept.

And if I'm under 14 then you just got fucking schooled on attendance comment by a child. How does that make you feel, thicko?

Edit - I should say that I signed up to this forum in May 2008. I'd be doing well to still be under 14, but then again you're struggling with the whole math thing so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Last edited:
Hard done by VAR???????

And we were fucked over on Thursday night when a Copenhagen penalty was pulled out of thin air.

Hope this kind of valuable input helps your wee mind to understand...doubt it though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.