Scottish Football Thread | 2024/25

I thought the "old firm" were the big attraction up there. Hmm. Plenty of empty seats at St Mirren today. And Hampden was like a ghost town last week when Rangers were playing.
They prefer empty seats at St Mirren and other clubs, so our fans don’t give us an advantage. But, we’ve been round that bush more than there are empty seats. So that’s all I have to say about that.

They prefer empty seats at St Mirren and other clubs, so our fans don’t give us an advantage. But, we’ve been round that bush more than there are empty seats. So that’s all I have to say about that.
Come on now, be honest; do you REALLY need the extra fans to give you an advantage? You're streets ahead of every other club. Even Rangers are a long way behind you.

Come on now, be honest; do you REALLY need the extra fans to give you an advantage? You're streets ahead of every other club. Even Rangers are a long way behind you.
St Mirren supporters were paying extra on season tickets so the club could give away / sell at reduced rates tickets for these games to make up for the lost revenue. I know my mates did this last season but weren’t this season as the club couldn’t give the extra tickets away.

I never watched todays game but disappointing if St Mirren end wasn’t full as the club are doing so well. They’ve had back to back top 6 finishes and European football for the first time in about 35 years!

Good result for Celtic as St Mirren is usually a tricky away day and St Mirren have a relatively decent record against them

I thought the "old firm" were the big attraction up there. Hmm. Plenty of empty seats at St Mirren today. And Hampden was like a ghost town last week when Rangers were playing.

You thought wrong. Many clubs home supports are a fair bit lower in games against the old firm than against each other. They simply cannot be fucked with them and would rather they pissed off to a 2 team league of their own and play each other 38 games a year where nobody else needs to give a fuck about them.

It's a chore for many going to these matches, they're certainly not an attraction. St Mirren will have more home fans at games against Killie, Motherwell, Hearts, Aberdeen to name a few.

What the fuck has happened to Kilmarnock?

Good chairman, Good manager, relatively decent squad who overachieved last season but have started the season dreadfully! Only result so far was a scrambled win against the Partick Thistle of Norwegian football.

Had hopes for them kicking on this season but look nowhere near the team they were

St Mirren supporters were paying extra on season tickets so the club could give away / sell at reduced rates tickets for these games to make up for the lost revenue. I know my mates did this last season but weren’t this season as the club couldn’t give the extra tickets away.

I never watched todays game but disappointing if St Mirren end wasn’t full as the club are doing so well. They’ve had back to back top 6 finishes and European football for the first time in about 35 years!

Good result for Celtic as St Mirren is usually a tricky away day and St Mirren have a relatively decent record against them
Kilmarnocks 4 largest home attendances last season were the 4 games against the Old Firm.

They only had one other game over the 6,000s and that was one of the St Mirren games

Just back from Pittodrie, dominant Dons performance first and second half versus 10

Yeah you cruised it. We were awful. I actually hoped we played a reserve side today and prioritised Thursday night but the fact that we put a full strength side out there and rolled over like that is worrying.

All of that being said, we've been hard done by VAR again. Referees decision at the time looked fine. The tackle was poorly timed and at speed but he pulled back rather than following through and any contact was with his toe rather than Lyons studs.

One of those that I just don't see why VAR has to get involved and re referee the game. What did the referee see upon review that he missed initially? If the answer is nothing then why is he changing his mind?

Yeah you cruised it. We were awful. I actually hoped we played a reserve side today and prioritised Thursday night but the fact that we put a full strength side out there and rolled over like that is worrying.

All of that being said, we've been hard done by VAR again. Referees decision at the time looked fine. The tackle was poorly timed and at speed but he pulled back rather than following through and any contact was with his toe rather than Lyons studs.

One of those that I just don't see why VAR has to get involved and re referee the game. What did the referee see upon review that he missed initially? If the answer is nothing then why is he changing his mind?
Good luck in Europe Thursday but from where I was in the stands it looked an obvious red, was off the ground, out of control and studs showing, that was just a normal tackles in days gone by, but now these are deemed a red card

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.