Scottish Football Thread | 2024/25

I think it’s a certainty any appeal won’t be successful, I also know I’d have been off after 5 minutes every game that I was playing. Football and standards for tackling have changed drastically
I understand what they are trying to achieve but in trying to eradicate over the top dangerous tackles they leave officials with little wiggle room

Take this specific challenge. The ball is running away from Killie player and he’s desperately trying to win it back but in doing so he’s gone in at speed and only slightly too high. He’s realised , a little too late, he’s not getting there and tried to pull out of challenge but contact is made at speed and with the rules as they are it’s more often than not going to be a Red. I’m sure most agree it’s very unfortunate for the player and there is zero intent in the tackle

No. I mean it might be the case for a good few but on the whole, no. It'll also be the case for some that they just can't take getting humped much more often than not. I'm critical of that mindset though in my experience is thankfully a factor only representing a small amount compared to the main.

I suppose it's something difficult to explain to those who actually support one of the two. Walking to and from the ground amongst them is a really unpleasant experience, never mind being subjected to the 90 odd minutes of IRA/UVF/sectarian/political chanting (which I know you and no.8 are both critical of). It just doesn't hold any appeal.

Personally, returning the Moffat stand to home supporters has helped greatly. It means that old firm fans are generally all attending via the one route so if you plan accordingly you can almost get to and from the ground without actually encountering many at all. I didn't used to take my kid to these games, I do now. Feel it's safer for them, didn't always feel that way.
Critical of on here….

I wish Hibs went further in cutting that lots allocations. We all get the worst seats and crappy allocation when we visit them, Parkhead easily worst away end in top flight which is an achievement considering Pittodrie is included.

Critical of on here….

I wish Hibs went further in cutting that lots allocations. We all get the worst seats and crappy allocation when we visit them, Parkhead easily worst away end in top flight which is an achievement considering Pittodrie is included.
The away section at Ibrox is one of the best sections. The mirror image to that section between Govan/Copland are the hospitality seats and among the most expensive

Hibs made the cutting allocation announcement to take the heat away from their support being caught throwing glass bottles at opposition players / officials again. It was so blatant it was embarrassing

The away section at Ibrox is one of the best sections. The mirror image to that section between Govan/Copland are the hospitality seats and among the most expensive

Hibs made the cutting allocation announcement to take the heat away from their support being caught throwing glass bottles at opposition players / officials again. It was so blatant it was embarrassing
Hibs made the cutting allocation announcement due to the bigoted songs from the Rangers end.

No. I mean it might be the case for a good few but on the whole, no. It'll also be the case for some that they just can't take getting humped much more often than not. I'm critical of that mindset though in my experience is thankfully a factor only representing a small amount compared to the main.

I suppose it's something difficult to explain to those who actually support one of the two. Walking to and from the ground amongst them is a really unpleasant experience, never mind being subjected to the 90 odd minutes of IRA/UVF/sectarian/political chanting (which I know you and no.8 are both critical of). It just doesn't hold any appeal.

Personally, returning the Moffat stand to home supporters has helped greatly. It means that old firm fans are generally all attending via the one route so if you plan accordingly you can almost get to and from the ground without actually encountering many at all. I didn't used to take my kid to these games, I do now. Feel it's safer for them, didn't always feel that way.
As a Rangers fan that used to travel everywhere I’ve seen us at our best and worst. I cannot remember any trouble at Rugby Park between Rangers and Kilmarnock. My main gripe with Rugby Park is I’m 6’3’’ and the seating was among the tightest in the league !! Also got soaked one midweek game (possibly a cup tie) heaviest rain I’ve seen at football

Also the sectarianism was far worse during the 70s/ 80s . I’ve seen Kilmarnock fill the bottom of the Broomloan

I’m being a tad hypocritical here as I’d like to see Rangers move the away section to the Club Deck and cut allocations to a couple of hundred. We lose out giving away such a large section and such a large segregation area.

I just believe that the game is better when there is a decent atmosphere and grounds are full. Obviously I’d prefer it if the grounds were full of home supporters

Or they are fed up with the duopoly winning the trophies and have little appetite watching their team losing again..

I don’t have the answers but something has to be done to narrow the gap/ improve real competition
It’s money.

Hibs made the cutting allocation announcement due to the bigoted songs from the Rangers end.
Yes. That was what they said in their statement…

I suppose it was purely coincidental, after these songs being sung for decades, that the statement was made immediately after the game where their support were caught throwing glass bottles

Of course I’m not excusing the singing and actually condemned it during the game long before it was highlighted in the media. Those responsible for singing that song at that time are an utter embarrassment to the club I support.

You go first.
I believe they share European profits in Holland for help towards ground / pitches.

Something has to be done. It’s 40 odd years since a club outwith the Old Firm won the title. You’re maybe happy with that but I’d prefer real competition and a more level playing field

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.