Scottish independence

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
I think the Scots can do what they want. No opinion about it either way.
Minor problem, though. If the Scots go independent, they will be a new polity, and, as such, will have to reapply to join the EU. And that will be blocked by Spain, as sure as eggs is eggs. Just saying…

Which means there is going to be lots of fun on the border

Since the polls show a 50/50 split what will happen after the referendum for those who didn't get their way?

Will the Yes voters think "Oh well, we tried" and go back to accepting the Union, or will the No voters think "I guess we'll just have to come around to the idea of independence then."

Human beings aren't normally so compliant.

Will Bacon Face fuck off north if it's a yes? If so can I vote??

Mëtal Bikër said:
Since the polls show a 50/50 split what will happen after the referendum for those who didn't get their way?

Will the Yes voters think "Oh well, we tried" and go back to accepting the Union, or will the No voters think "I guess we'll just have to come around to the idea of independence then."

An extremely narrow yes vote could lead to decades of unrest up there, especially when the penny drops that the land of milk and honey they've been promised is a lie. Trouble is, they'll be no going back, so those thinking of voting yes should be careful what they wish for.

hgblue said:
Mëtal Bikër said:

An extremely narrow yes vote could lead to decades of unrest up there, especially when the penny drops that the land of milk and honey they've been promised is a lie. Trouble is, they'll be no going back, so those thinking of voting yes should be careful what they wish for.

They get independence, it ain't a bit like Salmond promised but they do get into the EU. First chance they'll be flocking south and not just for the winter!

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
I think the Scots can do what they want. No opinion about it either way.
Minor problem, though. If the Scots go independent, they will be a new polity, and, as such, will have to reapply to join the EU. And that will be blocked by Spain, as sure as eggs is eggs. Just saying…
Shows the EU for what it is. If they are denied entry then I hope there's support shown from other small nations. For example I'd be all for Ireland meps boycotting the eu parliament or taking shits in their corridors. F*chin EU fascists.

I've yet to see a blue print of the future should the yes vote prevail. Will there be a boarder between England and Scotland, Will they have their own passport? Will they have access to such things as passport office, DVLA, broadcasting etc? If they have their own passport they should have no support or access to the British Embassies overseas.
In the experience of Singapore and Malaysia they are now 2 totally separate countries. I would like to see a fast track path to this end should a yes vote happen. As far as I can see from the press it has all been about how Scotland will be but no explanation about how they will get there and how the support of the rest of the Union will be tapered off. I hope the support will be very quickly and sharply stopped.
It appears to me that the yes party are presenting a type of nirvana but papering over the difficult parts. Independence is just that, independence with no reliance on other countries.

Good luck on you own!!

TGR said:
I really do hope it is 'Yes' vote and they can go their own way and get on it with it.
The sooner the better for all concerned.
Plus it makes it much easier for the Tories to rule over the sensible folk of England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.