Scottish independence

TGR said:
Blueband Brother said:
David Cameron and his clique are now paying for their dismissive, nonchalant and disrespectful way they handled this issue from the onset. They all thought it was a rash that will go away in due time .. well it aint going nowhere at least not until the referendum.

And now they are scrambling around trying to gather themselves together now that the tide has turned. Salmond on the other hand, although admittedly annoying has shown naught but consistency and passion for the course and has campaigned aggressively around Scotland trying to change the minds of the folks.

David Cameron could not even get himself to take part in the debate, thought himself too big or the issue too small for him. Instead he sent the hapless Darling and it has backfired.

Saying all that, I really don't see this happening as when it comes to the actual process of voting, a lot of Scots will naturally and understandably opt to remain in the union as there is no enormous urgency and cause to face up to the daunting realities of change.

A more inaccurate, I'll informed and imprecise post on the subject I have yet to read.
Cameron was right to stay away from it, as if he'd got involved the fucking Yes vote would be 80% by now (same for Clegg). Milliband and Brown should be more involved, as they'd get the Labour vote motivated. As for Salmond, he divides the population in Scotland anyway, and he's as smug as Cameron as well.

Does it mean we can sing the second verse of god save the queen again?

Lord grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
And like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush.

God save the Queen!

TGR said:
Blueband Brother said:
David Cameron and his clique are now paying for their dismissive, nonchalant and disrespectful way they handled this issue from the onset. They all thought it was a rash that will go away in due time .. well it aint going nowhere at least not until the referendum.

And now they are scrambling around trying to gather themselves together now that the tide has turned. Salmond on the other hand, although admittedly annoying has shown naught but consistency and passion for the course and has campaigned aggressively around Scotland trying to change the minds of the folks.

David Cameron could not even get himself to take part in the debate, thought himself too big or the issue too small for him. Instead he sent the hapless Darling and it has backfired.

Saying all that, I really don't see this happening as when it comes to the actual process of voting, a lot of Scots will naturally and understandably opt to remain in the union as there is no enormous urgency and cause to face up to the daunting realities of change.

A more inaccurate, I'll informed and imprecise post on the subject I have yet to read.

Lol. OK.Thanks for the remark on the post and what I will kindly ask is that you elaborate on why you posted that view. That will be the correct thing to do.

The Flash said:
TGR said:
Blueband Brother said:

You'll get used to him. He'll bring God into his argument shortly.

Ah.............. that is what it is, who would have thought.

TTTCITYBHOY said:
Blue Mist said:
It's the one that mentions thistle three times, Midges twice and tight arsed bastards once.

just sayin'

Where does this perception of being "tight arsed bastards" come from.
When I was much younger,in the 1970's I was in England many times on courses with my old job.
Found it strange,that the English guys always bought their own pint,smoked their own fags.
Anytime I was in the pub,it was "what ye for" or "want a smoke"
Don't know where it comes from tbh.
I'll be a no btw.

The Thistle and midges are spot on mate :)
The biggest urban myth ever,I've a lot of jock mates out here and one of them is a notorious tight arse,who the rest rip to pieces.
The rest are generous to a fault but Yorkshire on the other hand are as tight as a gnat's chuff.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Blueband Brother said:
The Flash said:
You'll get used to him. He'll bring God into his argument shortly.

Ah.............. that is what it is, who would have thought.
Jesus?

That is what it is when it comes to the negativity and dislike I get here. My religious believes have something to do with it. It is fairly obvious and that is the point I was making.

But it does not bother me and what I did was give my take on the Scottish independence issue.

waterloo blue said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:
Blue Mist said:
It's the one that mentions thistle three times, Midges twice and tight arsed bastards once.

just sayin'

Where does this perception of being "tight arsed bastards" come from.
When I was much younger,in the 1970's I was in England many times on courses with my old job.
Found it strange,that the English guys always bought their own pint,smoked their own fags.
Anytime I was in the pub,it was "what ye for" or "want a smoke"
Don't know where it comes from tbh.
I'll be a no btw.

The Thistle and midges are spot on mate :)
The biggest urban myth ever,I've a lot of jock mates out here and one of them is a notorious tight arse,who the rest rip to pieces.
The rest are generous to a fault but Yorkshire on the other hand are as tight as a gnat's chuff.

Thanks WB

SWP's back said:
The perfect fumble said:
SWP's back said:
I think Cameron and the Tories will, from a political point of view, more than see the silver side of that particular cloud as Labour lose 40 seats.

As stated, the Tories would have needed no coalition this time around and the results of 4 post war elections would have changed.

The Prime Minister who lost the Union will " more than see the silver side of that particular cloud"

He will?

Thank you, I find it a comfort to be reminded why the Tories are known as the Stupid Party
I don't do so bad.

Inherited?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.