Scottish independence

Chippy_boy said:
Personally, I couldn't give a toss.

It will be an absolute, complete, total and unmitigated disaster for Scotland if they vote yes, a mere temporary minor inconvenience for the rest of the UK, at worst.

In short, Scotland will lurch further to the left, spend even more money they don't have on welfare bollocks, and their economy will spiral down to sub Greece levels. The UK, freed of the burden of theses malingering lefties will rebound positively, with a 50 MP swing to the right.

And Scots will lose the pound. The fat dunce Hammond is too thick to understand that you can't share a currency without having the same interest rates, same fiscal policies and a common central bank. So the twat can't have independence and a shared currency. Having a shared currency means not being independent. The entry requirement for the Euro was convergence remember, not divergence. And look what a disaster it's been for Greece et al with economies that were not well converged. So, independence = no pound.

They can have their "Scottish Pound" or "Scottish Dinar" or "Scottish Peseta" or what the fuck the twit wants to call it, but it can't be a UK pound. Their dismal new currency will plummet on the currency markets as anyone with half an ounce of brain and a quarter of an ounce of wealth moves their money out into the safety of Euros or Dollars or Pounds. I mean, you'd need shit for brains to leave your life saving in Scottish Dinars wouldn't you, watching them spiral down into the dirt. As their currency plummets, their exports will bizarrely do OK, but since that only means haggis and Clan Dew, so fucking what. They will have galloping inflation as the cost of imports and raw materials soar. It's a self fulfilling prophecy if ever there was one.

Do I care? Not a fucking jot. We should erect a fucking great big wall and barbed wire fence and make them need a visa to visit. If we can tow the country a few hundred miles north, even better. The Scottish MP's who have enjoyed fucking over our economy for the last 100 years should be tarred, feathered and sent packing north at soonest opportunity. Good riddance to them. That would be a huge positive for sure.

And when the Scottish economy has bottomed out and they have their 50% unemployment and national debt at 200% of GDP and interest rates of 30%, don't DARE come cap in hand to the rest of the UK to bail them out.

Independence? Good luck with that.

Getting the protagonist's name right? Good luck with that.

You have clearly spent a considerable amount of time trying to put together, what you thought would come across as cogent, well-informed comment. And yet, and yet..."Hammond".

And your grammatical grasp, whilst trying incredibly hard to portray a well-educated, well-informed polemic, falls flat on it's (sic) five year old arse with such gems as "Scottish MP's" - you weren't quite sure on the apostrophe were you? Should it be there? Hmmmm, best to put one in just in case. And so, you reveal you're (sic) true-self: a child. Stick to The Beano. Youll (sic) love it.

johnnytapia said:
Chippy_boy said:

It will be an absolute, complete, total and unmitigated disaster for Scotland if they vote yes, a mere temporary minor inconvenience for the rest of the UK, at worst.

In short, Scotland will lurch further to the left, spend even more money they don't have on welfare bollocks, and their economy will spiral down to sub Greece levels. The UK, freed of the burden of theses malingering lefties will rebound positively, with a 50 MP swing to the right.

And Scots will lose the pound. The fat dunce Salmond is too thick to understand that you can't share a currency without having the same interest rates, same fiscal policies and a common central bank. So the twat can't have independence and a shared currency. Having a shared currency means not being independent. The entry requirement for the Euro was convergence remember, not divergence. And look what a disaster it's been for Greece et al with economies that were not well converged. So, independence = no pound.

They can have their "Scottish Pound" or "Scottish Dinar" or "Scottish Peseta" or what the fuck the twit wants to call it, but it can't be a UK pound. Their dismal new currency will plummet on the currency markets as anyone with half an ounce of brain and a quarter of an ounce of wealth moves their money out into the safety of Euros or Dollars or Pounds. I mean, you'd need shit for brains to leave your life saving in Scottish Dinars wouldn't you, watching them spiral down into the dirt. As their currency plummets, their exports will bizarrely do OK, but since that only means haggis and Clan Dew, so fucking what. They will have galloping inflation as the cost of imports and raw materials soar. It's a self fulfilling prophecy if ever there was one.

Do I care? Not a fucking jot. We should erect a fucking great big wall and barbed wire fence and make them need a visa to visit. If we can tow the country a few hundred miles north, even better. The Scottish MP's who have enjoyed fucking over our economy for the last 100 years should be tarred, feathered and sent packing north at soonest opportunity. Good riddance to them. That would be a huge positive for sure.

And when the Scottish economy has bottomed out and they have their 50% unemployment and national debt at 200% of GDP and interest rates of 30%, don't DARE come cap in hand to the rest of the UK to bail them out.

You have clearly spent a considerable amount of time trying to put together, what you thought would come across as cogent, well-informed comment. And yet, and yet..."Hammond".

And your grammatical grasp, whilst trying incredibly hard to portray a well-educated, well-informed polemic, falls flat on it's (sic) five year old arse with such gems as "Scottish MP's" - you weren't quite sure on the apostrophe were you? Should it be there? Hmmmm, best to put one in just in case. And so, you reveal you're (sic) true-self: a child. Stick to The Beano. Youll (sic) love it.

I typed it straight in 10 minutes on a fucking ipad and the best criticism you can come up with is I can't get the wanker's name right or get an apostrophe in the right place. I smell a yes voter. Good luck mate, like I say I really don't care. It will be a total unmitigated disaster for you, but not for me, so please go ahead. I care not.

johnnytapia said:
Chippy_boy said:

And Scots will lose the pound. The fat dunce Hammond is too thick to understand that you can't share a currency without having the same interest rates, same fiscal policies and a common central bank. So the twat can't have independence and a shared currency. Having a shared currency means not being independent. The entry requirement for the Euro was convergence remember, not divergence. And look what a disaster it's been for Greece et al with economies that were not well converged. So, independence = no pound.

It's useful, when feeling impelled to correct others' punctuation, to pay heed one's own.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
If Scotland vote "No" and stay in the UK, any chance England can then have a referendum to get rid of Scotland?

Having said I care not, I am erring on agreeing with you. It is pretty plain that the people north of the border are way more left wing than those south of it. The near bankruptcy brought about by the wreckless and unrepentant over spending of Gordon Wobble Chin is clearly something they aspire to.

I am probably leaning on hoping for a yes vote so we can get shut of them.

George Hannah said:
johnnytapia said:
Chippy_boy said:

It's useful, when feeling impelled to correct others' punctuation, to pay heed one's own.

I used "true" in its adjectival form, ergo, no need to hyphenate. Had I used it in its compound noun form, your post would have been a witty retort. Toodle pip!

johnnytapia said:
George Hannah said:
johnnytapia said:

I used "true" in its adjectival form, ergo, no need to hyphenate. Had I used it in its compound noun form, your post would have been a witty retort. Toodle pip!

Yes, I admit, I got his name wrong. Brain fart on my part. It changes nothing.

johnnytapia said:
George Hannah said:
johnnytapia said:

But you did hyphenate my friend, that was my point.

johnnytapia said:
George Hannah said:
johnnytapia said:

Language is just a form of communication, as long as you understood what the poster was trying to communicate then he achieved his objective. I have no idea why people try to look clever by trying to correct other peoples grammar and spelling.

George Hannah said:
johnnytapia said:
George Hannah said:

But you did hyphenate my friend, that was my point.

You-are-right!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.