Scottish independence

Ronnie the Rep said:
malg said:
Would Salmond resign if the No vote wins? It would be the honourable thing go do.

Maybe, but they will carry on whining until they get their own way

they can fuck off

if they vote no then we need to be consulted about what we are prepared to tolerate and whether their demands for an ever increasing share of the UK wealth are acceptable (they're fucking not)

I hope they vote yes now so they can stop fucking whinging at us and find out that actually their own nation will be just as shit without us

probably more so

bye

Ronnie the Rep said:
malg said:
Would Salmond resign if the No vote wins? It would be the honourable thing go do.

They should have included the rest of the UK in the vote : they would have got their own way then.

Balti said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
malg said:

they can fuck off

if they vote no then we need to be consulted about what we are prepared to tolerate and whether their demands for an ever increasing share of the UK wealth are acceptable (they're fucking not)

I hope they vote yes now so they can stop fucking whinging at us and find out that actually their own nation will be just as shit without us

probably more so

bye

What ever the vote, it'll be marginal, if they do vote yes then still over 45% of scots wanted to stay with us.

I feel for them.

Chippy_boy said:
cibaman said:
Chippy_boy said:
Yup. Ridiculous, isn't it.

And the other thing is, since at the moment we are all part of the UK, why does EVERYONE in the UK not have a vote on whether Scotland should become independent? It affects all of us.

It affects all of us. But you cant say that it affects us anything like as much as them. If they get it wrong it could have a hugely detrimental effect on their lives and the lives of their children. If we get it wrong the impact is marginal.

And there's vastly more of us than them. So if we had an equal say it would end up as being a purely English decision. Unless you made it so that one Scottish vote was the equivalent of say 20 rUK votes. Which would put a lot of people off.

If I had a vote I would probably vote YES. Not because I particularly want to see the break up of the Union. But I would find it interesting to observe from a distance how the experiment turns out. I would enjoy the political arguments, the rows over the currency, whether the EU would let them in etc. etc A YES vote would be so much more interesting than NO. But its not really a good reason for giving me a vote.

I share the same interest.

But honestly, watching a car crash is not a nice thing to do. Hoping there is one so you can watch it is even worse.

And @johnnyt: this is what 2 weeks of no footy does to me ;-). I'll be bored of all this Scotland nonsense as soon as a ball is kicked at the Emirates tomorrow. I've hardly ever visited the cellar and probably won't do much in future. Sighs of relief all round, I'm sure ;-)

Ha! Ha! I'd sell my soul for City. Yes, once the Blues (City, not Cameron et al) take the field, politics becomes secondary, tertiary...

Chippy_boy said:
denislawsbackheel said:
What about Eckersley Street, ad infinitum...

And the other thing is, since at the moment we are all part of the UK, why does EVERYONE in the UK not have a vote on whether Scotland should become independent? It affects all of us.
Because it's for the Scottish to decide, that's why it's called self-determination.

aguero93:20 said:
Chippy_boy said:
denislawsbackheel said:
What about Eckersley Street, ad infinitum...

Because it's for the Scottish to decide, that's why it's called self-determination.

but hang on it impacts on the rest of us too

and apparently *they* have expectations as to what *we* have to do next if they vote yes

fuck that

they need to consult us first or, surprise surprise, we might not actually give a shit what they want any more when they are johnny foreigner

I'm sure we won't tbh

Balti said:
aguero93:20 said:
Chippy_boy said:

but hang on it impacts on the rest of us too

and apparently *they* have expectations as to what *we* have to do next if they vote yes

fuck that

they need to consult us first or, surprise surprise, we might not actually give a shit what they want any more when they are johnny foreigner

I'm sure we won't tbh
Why should the Scots have to vote as an 11/1 numerical minority on their own independence? Would you want to see an EU wide referendum on UKs membership where the UK only made up 64 million of a population of over 500 million and the German vote would have more influence on the result than their own?
If they choose independence it's absolutely fuck all to do with England, Wales and Northern Ireland, because they'll be an independent nation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.