Season Predictions

Waste of time trying to predict the cups cos so much always depends on the draws. Don't think we'll finish any higher than 6th in the league though. Not enough physicality up through the spine of the team, a semi permanently injured leader, lack of quality striking options for a 55 game season, any number of midfielders and defenders ill equipped to play the 'passing out from the back and pressing up top' game the manager wants, and based on yesterday we're gonna be playing catch up from the off. If we can keep Kompany, Gundogan, KDB, Fernandinho, Sane and Kun fit then we may crack the top 4, but in honesty I can't see us finishing above Liverpool, the rags, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea. Long term and with another summer transfer window under his belt, Pep has the ability to drag us back up to the top, but this season looks like a learning curve to me

Waste of time trying to predict the cups cos so much always depends on the draws. Don't think we'll finish any higher than 6th in the league though. Not enough physicality up through the spine of the team, a semi permanently injured leader, lack of quality striking options for a 55 game season, any number of midfielders and defenders ill equipped to play the 'passing out from the back and pressing up top' game the manager wants, and based on yesterday we're gonna be playing catch up from the off. If we can keep Kompany, Gundogan, KDB, Fernandinho, Sane and Kun fit then we may crack the top 4, but in honesty I can't see us finishing above Liverpool, the rags, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea. Long term and with another summer transfer window under his belt, Pep has the ability to drag us back up to the top, but this season looks like a learning curve to me
I can assure you we won't finish any lower than 4th....

I can assure you we won't finish any lower than 4th....

I hope you're right. I thought we'd miss out on top 4 last season and we came pretty close. We've got a far better manager this time around, but I'm conscious that it takes weeks, if not months, to embed a new game plan, and particularly with a squad containing a number of players lacking the mobility, pace and hunger to adapt to it.

Form against thhe top six is what I am interested in. If we are to break our hoodoo over it then we need to win those. End of October for me to see what we are likely to achieve this year

Its going to be a transitional season for me so top 4 and a trophy I'll be happy with and an overall improvement in play

If this is as you say going to be an acclimatizing season then questions have to be asked why we ever employed MP whose philosophy was so different and why did we buy players so ill fitting Pep's purpose.

We are doing a partial rebuild. I don't expect anything earth shattering this season, but it will come eventually. It will take time for Pep to build a team in his image I.e. one based around his way of playing. We haven't quite got the team to do this yet, and the players who are staying will be on a steep learning curve as well. Meanwhile Pep wiill slowly grow our younger players into great players. Patience is the watchword. The divine right merchants need to brace themselves and keep their dummies and rattles in the pram.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.