Season Predictions

I also think that this season will be one of transition. I'd snap your hands off now for a top 3 finish, a cup and a decent run in the Chumps League.
Christ on a bike mourinho would romp the league with our squad. How? By playing to our strengths rather than weakening us by asking players to do things they can't.
By the way I refuse to believe Pep will be so foolhardy. In the last 5 years we have won 2 titles on the last day and put in two poor defences. Last year was embarrasing. To my mind chucking another season is unacceptable.

I predict several bouts of flapping, a couple of moaning threads, match day thread melt downs, at least one kolarov is shit thread, someone lamenting bobby mancs sacking, us being linked with Isco and a next years kit thread by mid december starting up.

Also the women to win the league, and the men to turn up more than last year despite our iffy pre season preperations.

Top 20 in the League.
Top 64 in the Champions League.
Minimum 3rd round in the League Cup.
Minimum 3rd round in the FA cup.

Pretty worried by the way the defence is shaping up - or not.

We start from being probably the worst team in the Prem at pressing and maintaining energy levels, and are now going to rely on a pressing game to prevent our defence coming under too much pressure.

Since we've barely played a recognised CB in the pre-season Pep is either going to persist with the Kolarov/Fernando idea or use CB's who have not played a game under his system.
Can see a bit of a struggle to keep goals out, and can't imagine Pep sacrificing his principles in order to work around our players. Will be the players who have to adapt, so could take time and be a season that requires patience. Hope the fans have that patience, maybe worth starting another thread to guess when the first murmurings of discontent with our new manager begin. Just to be clear, I think Pep is going to get us right but maybe not in time for this season to be a Championship one.

I hope to God I am wrong, but I really see us finishing outside the top 4, maybe 6th.

PL - Champions
FA Cup - Winners
CL - Champions
League Cup - Winners

Hoping for 3rd or 4th in the league, think we'll have a bad start with a few heavy losses in the first few months, about mid table around Xmas and hopefully pull things back at the shank of the season

If this is as you say going to be an acclimatizing season then questions have to be asked why we ever employed MP whose philosophy was so different and why did we buy players so ill fitting Pep's purpose.

To be fair I think many of those who look likely to struggle were bought a long time ago, and age as much as anything else has therefore become a determining factor in their potential ability to adapt to Pep's plans. Ya Ya, Silva, Nasri, Zab all look like they might be difficult to incorporate for that reason. As regards Bony and Mangala, was Pep a guaranteed arrival when they were bought? I don't know.
I've been encouraged by Delph and Sterling pre-season, albeit that I don't think either has sufficient consistent ability to be more than a decent squad player, but they do offer a tantalising glimpse of what might be possible once we've got Gundogan and Sane up and running, and, post January, Gabriel Jesus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.