Season Predictions

I think we'll struggle until Christmas including one or two heavy defeats against our rivals. After Christmas, when everyone is writing us off, I think we'll go on a charge to top 4 and an FA Cup win.

I think we'll struggle until Christmas including one or two heavy defeats against our rivals. After Christmas, when everyone is writing us off, I think we'll go on a charge to top 4 and an FA Cup win.
Pretty much how I see our league season
No idea about the Cups, FA cup would be nice

Christ on a bike mourinho would romp the league with our squad. How? By playing to our strengths rather than weakening us by asking players to do things they can't.
By the way I refuse to believe Pep will be so foolhardy. In the last 5 years we have won 2 titles on the last day and put in two poor defences. Last year was embarrasing. To my mind chucking another season is unacceptable.

100% right.
Don't try and teach a pig to sing.....you'll upset the pig and frustrate the teacher (& me).

Waste of time trying to predict the cups cos so much always depends on the draws. Don't think we'll finish any higher than 6th in the league though. Not enough physicality up through the spine of the team, a semi permanently injured leader, lack of quality striking options for a 55 game season, any number of midfielders and defenders ill equipped to play the 'passing out from the back and pressing up top' game the manager wants, and based on yesterday we're gonna be playing catch up from the off. If we can keep Kompany, Gundogan, KDB, Fernandinho, Sane and Kun fit then we may crack the top 4, but in honesty I can't see us finishing above Liverpool, the rags, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea. Long term and with another summer transfer window under his belt, Pep has the ability to drag us back up to the top, but this season looks like a learning curve to me

Third wasted season on the trot in the PL then......NOT good enough irrispective of the circumstances.

Rather reluctantly, I'd have to say looking at our squad right now I'd take top four if offered it. My heart says we can win it, but honestly when Delph looked like the best player last night, it makes me realise how much we've regressed. Pep needs to work miracles to get better than 4th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.