Season Predictions

PL - Winners
FA Cup - Winners
CL - Getting to the final and losing it to Bayern.
LC - Semifinal

I think we'll struggle until Christmas including one or two heavy defeats against our rivals. After Christmas, when everyone is writing us off, I think we'll go on a charge to top 4 and an FA Cup win.

I agree, Christmas being the very minimum for not only Pep to get a full understanding of the leagues style and the players full abilities. The one good thing is that Pep is very meticulous in his preparation, along with his staff they will be watching and dissecting teams before we play them. It took Barcelona, both the B team and first team months to understand the style he wanted, and Bayern. It will be no different here, and people need to understand that in no way was he going to walk in and have it all arranged in pre-season....that is foolish thinking.

Anyone watching last nights docu on Pep, would have seen Soriano make a brief appearance. And to be honest the main focus was on Pep's past leading up to him becoming our manager. It did not go into any detail about what he will be doing at City, apart from the paragraph from Soriano, about Pep elevating the team, club to the next level both tactically and in terms of a playing style that will become the labs blueprint and identity.

We have got the man we craved, we have got the manager that lot craved. He will need time and there will be some testing moments, he might get pressure from the press when things don't go to plan, but we as fans will and need to back him 100%, because the powers at the club will be because of the bigger picture being put in place. This 3 year plan is a minimum for him to stamp his blueprint on the club, he will be expected to keep us challenging during this time and imo after his first full season I think we will witness a different beast being born.

PL - Will be a struggle, I think 6th place at this moment in time.
FA Cup - Dependent on the draw but as it starts in January I am going for us to win it.
League Cup - Should do OK and expect a lot of youngsters to be tried, hoping for semi-final at least.
Chumps - Knocked out by Steaua as we are completely undercooked, bad for the owner, but frankly could help us in the rest of the season
Europa League - Give it a good bash and hope for quarters.
6th. Lol

Can't believe how many are throwing in the towel after a pre season friendly when we have Fernando and Kolarov as centre backs.

Funny though.

Win the league probably just about sneak the fa cup, win the league cup with ihanacho scoring a brace but missing a sitter for the hat trick. .win the champs league on pens sterling scoring decider.

i had a dream last night that we gave Napoli a right shoe-ing, so based on that empirical evidence i'm going for a league win :)

So now we've got what is surely the last piece in the jigsaw, any revised predictions?

City: Champions. I thought that before Stones, but now more confident.

We've signed every player we were linked with except Laporte. The slight drawback is that Jesus, Moreno, Gundogan aren't available yet, and Sane is injured so we wont see the potential straight away, and no doubt it will take time. But when we have time, surely this is the strongest squad we've ever had and one capable of winning the Premier League and going to the last 4 of the Champions League.

Can't believe how many are throwing in the towel after a pre season friendly when we have Fernando and Kolarov as centre backs.

Funny though.

Amazing thread.
It's not just that these people are saying 6th and transition season, it's that they are saying these things and suggesting it's acceptable.

The clubs hierarchy will be expecting a title challenge and rightly so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.