season ticket news, simple straw poll, great or ****

not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but ... seems to me there is a fundamental flaw in the whole North Stand thing ie that it depends on people moving there from other areas to save £100/£55. Obviously money is a concern for everyone, but people have always paid more for the East and West areas anyway, and the whole point of having a seasoncard other than guaranteeing a ticket is that it guarantees a chosen seat, and why anyone would move from a great view in the East to a mole-level seat at the front of the North Stand is beyond me, skint or not. So if it backfires, and many people with kids renew in the areas where they already are, then the North Stand isn't going to sell out. Unless theres a sudden injection of new City parent/child duos with £500 to spare, which is unlikely, given how easy it is to get tickets as CityCard/Live4City members now.

The Family area in the upper tier as it stands is a good thing, albeit with its lack of atmosphere, but a whole stand? How's it to work for those 8pm midweeks? empty seats all around?

And, as has been mentioned elsewhere, the other, real flaw is that once the kids reach the age to leave the family area, there's going to be nowhere to go ...

It's. Just. Not. Been. Thought. Through.

I am more than happy to pay £420 for 2nd level of South Stand, especially if more of the singers move here to improve the atmosphere :)

On a side note I do sympaphise with those that will struggle to pay the extra cost, however its all relative, why not have 2 beers or 1 packet of fags less per week over the next 6 weeks - I've done that myself in the past when things are tight :)

Can accept £535 Section 202 East Stand level 2( New Prawn Sandwich section) now but what is it going to be in the future?????

TV and away games only the way its going???

Remember sitting in Platt lane watching Colin Bell in his effort to return from injury, League Cup semi v Liverpool were some never got in the Kippax till 20mins into game, going to Portsmouth on footy specials trains with Daft Donald asking for change and a swig of your pop, Oxford in back of a Luton van with no windows etc etc and what for??? to be priced out of your seat for someone who has money but no true loyalty.

This is the first time in 30 odd years I can say that I may not re-new after this next season. It saddens me that after showing great loyalty in the Club, they seem to not care about us fans.
I wouldnt have a problem if they said right everyone has to say how many in your party and the most senior choose a seat and we go off the length of loyalty, eg length of having a season ticket. When it gets to your turn you choose your seat (££ you can afford).

I would move to 3rd tier but would want first 5 rows, but I bet that they are all taken or we wouldnt be able to get the 4 together. Be even harder after this coming season, when North stand relocate.

Be ok for the Cup games though when 3rd tier shut due to no one turning up.... I like the other 20 odd thousand turn up though!!!!

So long winded to say, Great but going to get shitter!!!!!

fathellensbellend said:
pure comedy gold.

they are funding this on the back of families like my own who will have to fork out an additional 100 quid.

cheap tickets for single blokes, and dearer tickets for families around the ground.

Why thank you.

They are not funding it on the back of anyone. If you move to the family stand - for families interestingly enough, it's the same cost. If you don't want to move you've made the conscious decision that you value your current seat more than the money.

Incidentally, how much were you paying for a U16 season ticket before Sheikh Mansour came along?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.