Season ticket prices 2016/17

Previous price increases have only generated a smattering of discontent, so there was never any momentum to lobby the club about it. Increases this year may well provoke more anger, so who knows what will happen then. All hypothetical at the moment though. Regardless, I've got more pressing issues closer to home to deal with at the moment.

I don't agree, there's been plenty of discontent about the continued prices increases. What there has been however has been a continued kind of self-policing from a vocal, but minority, section of our support who browbeat anyone who was critical of these increases. The increases could always be rationalised some way or another, they could always be justified by the investment poured into the club, the quality of the squad, the 'price of success' etc. There was always that taboo of not wishing to be perceived as ungrateful for our present fortunes made possible by that investment, and the turnaround we've made as a club as a result of it, via criticism of actions the club take from then on.

It's almost as if the people who argue those points are arguing that we are now legitimate passive observers, that we've ceded any voice in the club's future; that the rag's corporate whore model we once derided was actually the ticket, and we're right to now mirror it as best we can.

Thankfully however people are beginning to see through all that nonsense, and more and more blues are having no qualms raising their displeasure about this issue, but if it's left untackled for much longer people like Soriano and Tom Glick will see us as the passive and weak mugs we clearly must appear to them as. And with that will come more increases, a further regression towards becoming the sellout we once derided United as being.

Everyone recognises the nature of the modern game as it is, but with the way the game'ss changing match day revenue is becoming an increasingly insignificant fraction of a top club's revenue - the standard, non corporate, seating in particular. There is no justification for any further increases, none. There's a perfectly valid argument that we should see decreases.

If these increases continue it will leave permanent scars on our support. Every other day you read on here about people becoming increasingly dillusioned with City due to this specific issue, of season ticket holders of decades calling time on their attendance.

We have to be vocal about this, and you're in a position where you could hold real influence and utilise it for genuine good if you had the will mate.

I appreciate you might have more going on in your life at present, but it's something worth thinking about and I hope you do.

At the very least don't allow the invitations to black tie events from the club to cloud that fundamental reality that you're one of us. For all the stick we give the dippers, at least they stick together, and look after their own.

Richard if you want a campaign to start get the ball rolling yourself and don't rely on others to do it for you, that way if it does not work you have no one to blame but yourself good luck

IMHO, a price freeze is the most likely outcome!

We need to keep selling out the Etihad in preparation for the expansion!

perfectly happy with my 300 quid season ticket. will happily take a 10% increase..

It's quite simple for me, as I have already made my decision.

If prices go up, I'm off.

It has nothing to do with what I can afford. I could pay much more than I currently do, but I refuse to.

I am no longer prepared to be taken for granted, to be a cash cow, whatever the cost or day and time of the match.

I could move to a cheaper seat, but I'm not going to because I can't be bothered and, well, enough is enough, as the Liverpool fans sang.

I have other interests and hobbies in my life, and football is not the be all and end all for me.

They'll go up I'm sure. They'll keep pushing it until we don't sell out season tickets. When was the last time we didn't have an increase? Seems like forever. Mine has nearly doubled in the last 10 years.

Got to say that I agree with dunnesowngoal.

Not that ric personally should lobby some sort of protest but maybe bluemoon could help with a protest of some kind.

It might be hypothetical with regards a price increase but for me it'd be better being proactive rather than reactive on the issue.

Something as simple as a banner would suffice as a first attempt to let the suits know that a lot of supporters are very near the end of their tether with the pricing.

Couldn't bluemoon try to arrange a banner if enough members were to show their support and donate towards one?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.