Season Tickets 2014/15

Troubadour said:
KippaxCitizen said:
goater1978 said:
it'll be end of the season as always and as always I expect a £40-50 rise.
Inflation recently has been around 1.7-1.9%

My SeasonCard has increased by about 36.36% in five years. That is, quite frankly, scandalous! Dividing the total by the 19 games you get and you're edging towards what an individual match ticket should cost, max.

You could get three, and in some cases four, SCs at Bayern München for the price of our SCs.

I think next season may well be my last ever SC. I am absolutely gutted to think that could be the case.

yeah... it was great when we were playing Wycombe, Stockport & York eh?

Some city fans (not me). Claim it doesn't matter who we play as they are there to watch city not the opposition.

I personally don't buy into that philosophy!

The value season ticket which City are promoting alongside the stadium development is very, very shrewd.

When they opened up the offer to the floor, it was for people who were only willing to buy them in groups of four and therefore spend £1200.

But what of those who don't have a group of 4, and who want to go to games on their own?

Well, they'll be left on the first and second tiers. The price of their seats will go up and they'll eventually be replaced by fans with money.

I think it's disgusting but there's nothing I can do to change it.

Just having a quick look at the terms for auto renewal and it states you will be informed of the price, T&Cs etc and then have a deadline to inform them if you do not wish to renew or change the payment method, if not you will be renewed on the direct debit. So no need to opt out, just wait for the renewal period and info, last year was mid May.

Family stand back row 2nd tier 3season tickets all together ME,my SON&DAD total cost £807.00 divide by 57 (19 games each works out@£14.15 per game)same price as watching "DROYLSDEN " 33rd yr for me as a season tkt holder &9th yr for my lad he's only12!!!! Cheap as chips & great value :-) £495'£95'&£217

Think next season could be my last as a season ticket holder.

The overall cost is becoming prohibitive, I travel near-on 500 miles round trip for games and one lad has already dropped out of travelling meaning there are usually 3 of us in the car, rather than 4.

I also buy my sons (adult) ST every year for his birthday but he is getting married next year and I'll be giving him some money to help out.

I won't stop going, but I'll not be able to lay out on a season ticket for much longer. This season there have been many more games than normal I have missed due to being midweek after fixture changes. I can't afford to take half days off work many times each year.

In essence, it's my overall costs, not just the season tickets that will force me out, I actually think for what we get, the pricing is still reasonable.

malg said:
If we don't win the league, then I'll definitely not renew, unless I get guarantees from the club that we are signing players good enough to deliver it in the 2014/15 season.

Nice one, like your rooneyesque demands,
also the captains armband is in the post...

PistonBlue said:
Looking forward to a huge discount as this will be the first time my eldest will be purchasing his own season ticket (all being well).

I might even let him treat me to mine!

Nice one, hopefully that will be me in about 3 years, mine is in his first year at collage, so he still uses the bank of dad...

Tanzeylee said:
PistonBlue said:
Looking forward to a huge discount as this will be the first time my eldest will be purchasing his own season ticket (all being well).

I might even let him treat me to mine!

Nice one, hopefully that will be me in about 3 years, mine is in his first year at collage, so he still uses the bank of dad...

fantasy la la land! you'll be paying for years to come!

It was my birthday on the 14th, I'm now 64. I took my daughters for a meal to "celebrate". My eldest daughter (and her partner) gave me an envelope containing a compliments slip on City headed paper (don't ask) saying "Dad. Your free season ticket for 2014/15! Lots of love....."

I'm going to ask for a Superbia!!

Better still, the year after, I'll be getting a geriatric seasoncard as I'll be 65!

The correct pricing of Season Tickets is no mean feat.

Sell them at a price everyone is happy with and too many people will buy them regardless of missing games. The result is the game appears to sell out but the stadium looks empty!

Price them too expensive, and those that can still afford them will ensure they attend to get value for money. Many however who can't afford the renewal will stay away and the stadium looks empty!

My solution would be to come up with some space age stadium that had expanding stands that gradually raised upwards and backwards from the pitch. As the turnstiles click the stands get larger. The seating would be done on a 1st come 1st serve basis with your seat details being printed out as you swiped your card upon entry.

The pricing would be charged to a registered debit card once the final attendance for the day is known. Those games that are high profile and attract the better attendances would ultimately cost the swipe card holder more. Whilst those like tomorrow night would be cheap and a reward for those who turned up.

I would hope that such a system would also encourage rare attenders to invest in a Swipe/Membership Card knowing that if they did want to attend a particular game then they could. It could lead to gates of 100,000 for the United game but that would be offset with 30,000 gates for a televised WBA on a Monday night.

Totally impossible I know , but a solution for the future maybe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.