Season Tickets - 2023/24

Not sure if anyone else has posted this earlier. Or if I've copied the link correctly. It's an article about Fortuna Duesseldorf making all games free to all fans next season and raising the lost revenue in a different way.
That may work for a German Second Division team whose average attendance is half the capacity of their stadium.

I would be delighted if anyone could explain to me how the hell that would work with a club who have some like like 98% of the tickets sold each match?

It reeks of publicity seeking to me?

Can it with this deserving vs. undeserving poor rhetoric. It's not relevant here and implies you don't think poor people are allowed to have leisure time and enjoy life. Sounds like you're doing alright, and good for you mate, but I'd argue the majority of people are one pay check away from homelessness and you won't want someone saying "Well, we all make our own choices" if it ends up being you next time.
Yes also if you cannot afford shoes go barefood, or make your own.

how far do we take the you are not worthy enough to enjoy one thing in life and deserve social exclusion because of wealth only, society really hasn't progressed much if so.

Spectator football was created for the common man, woman and child as a social leisure activity for the masses, not a priced out exclusive event.

The rule often quoted is we are all only 3 paydays from being homeless. But Im sorry but that is exactly my point if the match becomes too expensive for me I wont pay it simples

The thought that by putting up prices people are being socially excluded is absolute nonsense. Going to a football match is a leisure activity and therefore is a non-essential choice item so that you have money to pay for essentials then that is what one should do

The club’s business strategy is clear. They have a very attractive product that is in demand across the world. The problem is that the legacy supporters have most of the seats and they do not spend as much as tourists. The question is how do you reduce the number of legacy supporters, and free up seats for the higher paying tourists.

1. Increase the SC and match day tickets every year. Each year some legacy supporters will be shaken loose and free up seats. A financial crisis? Excellent! Should be a bumper crop of non renewals.
  2. Relocate people from the best seats and sell them to corporate.
  3. Tempt people to downgrade to silver and don’t tell them it is a one way journey. Added plus that you then can charge them full price for the top six, and if they don’t buy them then it is more for the tourists.
  4. Don’t sell any new SC. Why would you undermine your own strategy.
  5. Ignore ticket points when selling the big glamour games to Cityzens. More chance of tourists attending plus more memberships sold.
The problem with a stadium full of tourists is the effect on the atmosphere but when you have your manager criticising the fans then maybe that doesn't look like such a problem. Hopefully, they may have realised how important that is from recent games.

The other problem is what happens if Pep leaves and the trophies dry up. We don’t have to be talking relegation here, we just need to become like the rags and North London. Top six but never really challenging. Then the tourists may drift away and suddenly you have empty seats. Will the loyal fans you priced out come back? Not unless the prices are reduced which of course will never happen.

They see us as customers not fans. If you can sell to higher paying customers that is a win.

The rule often quoted is we are all only 3 paydays from being homeless. But Im sorry but that is exactly my point if the match becomes too expensive for me I wont pay it simples

The thought that by putting up prices people are being socially excluded is absolute nonsense. Going to a football match is a leisure activity and therefore is a non-essential choice item so that you have money to pay for essentials then that is what one should do
And that is what many have done and are going to do, give up their match going to prioritise daily living costs, bit why do they have to? and tgat is the wider point some seem to be missing.

With real time wages decreasing and in some cases dropping by 2-3% and many low paid workers whose pay has increase by no more than 1% a 7-10% price shows a lack of both undersatnding or care by the club.

the very simple give up one thing to pay for another isn't the point, the point is a rise like this in the countries present economic clusterfuck and cost of living crisis is tone deaf and shows a distain or not arsed attitude towards loyal fans

The club’s business strategy is clear. They have a very attractive product that is in demand across the world. The problem is that the legacy supporters have most of the seats and they do not spend as much as tourists. The question is how do you reduce the number of legacy supporters, and free up seats for the higher paying tourists.

1. Increase the SC and match day tickets every year. Each year some legacy supporters will be shaken loose and free up seats. A financial crisis? Excellent! Should be a bumper crop of non renewals.
  2. Relocate people from the best seats and sell them to corporate.
  3. Tempt people to downgrade to silver and don’t tell them it is a one way journey. Added plus that you then can charge them full price for the top six, and if they don’t buy them then it is more for the tourists.
  4. Don’t sell any new SC. Why would you undermine your own strategy.
  5. Ignore ticket points when selling the big glamour games to Cityzens. More chance of tourists attending plus more memberships sold.
The problem with a stadium full of tourists is the effect on the atmosphere but when you have your manager criticising the fans then maybe that doesn't look like such a problem. Hopefully, they may have realised how important that is from recent games.

The other problem is what happens if Pep leaves and the trophies dry up. We don’t have to be talking relegation here, we just need to become like the rags and North London. Top six but never really challenging. Then the tourists may drift away and suddenly you have empty seats. Will the loyal fans you priced out come back? Not unless the prices are reduced which of course will never happen.

They see us as customers not fans. If you can sell to higher paying customers that is a win.
It's the silver season ticket that's the biggest piss take, if it was a choice between silver or gold for the fan fair enough, however its now impossible for a fan to buy a ticket that covers every league game unless you are lucky enough to already have one. Is there any other club with this model that effectively forces fans to pay whatever the club wants for the top 5 games even after buying a sc, much worse than the forced cup schemes other clubs have implemented in my opinion.

Bottom line is we could well be watching the best football team on the planet. When that happens things change. We can gripe all we want, but if we don't go, there will be two or three people to take our place. Its the price of success. And in comparison to other clubs our prices are good.
The club are simply looking at every avenue to help pay the new wage contracts for maybe 3-4 players

Haaland for example could be looking at a new 5 year deal with £100.000 pay rise, Ake another £50,000 added & Berny if he stays could cost another £50,000 & then the Bellingham deal will be £175,000- £200,000 a week at least
Hitting fans at an average of say £70 gives them a decent start £3m + & that's how they look at it imo

It's madness as Gundagun, Laporte, Cancelo, Phillips, Berny & some kids all look like they are going which frees up way enough for everything we need to do this Summer, above will bring in at least £200m in transfers & £800.000 a week in wages

Win the the trebble & the turnover in prize money will be £250m at least

Just crazy taking more from the fans but sadly we are no better than the prawn sandwich brigade imo

This new £300m stand, hotel etc aint coming from 1 person

Mines gone up £40 or 8 pints in the ground a season, seeing as the beers pretty shit I’ll cut back on that. That’s something we could all do whilst still attending and that’s something that they’d notice, no point not buying the tickets as someone will just take your place, can’t do that with the booze or food or programmes.

Looks like a lot of clubs are putting prices up for next season. Just had a quick google and Forest are putting prices up about 20% and Fulham 18%!!
What did Google say Spurs and Brentford are doing next year with prices? Good to have balance week?

Did Google also say how many teams have had year on year increases every single year like we have since the takeover?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.