Season Tickets - 2023/24

That's why if they're transparent there shouldn't be sensitive issues. The price of tickets isn't sensitive information, far from it. If one man is going against the general feeling of opinion and raising prices anyway we need to know. For me Kahldoon is the big boss and should have the power to overule such a decision.
Running a multi million pound business DOES have sensitive issues.

I think it would be better to keep protesting to the powers that be by email. Danny Wilson & mcfc in general.

I’m really against giving the media more ammunition to aim at us & they would love to be able to say something about the clubs last bastion being torn down - ie the loyalty of the fans.

I expect this forum to be quoted anyway in the red tops. They’ll love it
Danny has no say in anything like that. He really does try his best but we've agreed stuff with him previously and it's been vetoed.

Our chairman said that he felt that the fans' tolerance for price increases was reached 6 years ago, yet I think we've had price increases every season since. My seat has gone up around 15% since Khaldoon said that.

That's why if they're transparent there shouldn't be sensitive issues. The price of tickets isn't sensitive information, far from it. If one man is going against the general feeling of opinion and raising prices anyway we need to know. For me Kahldoon is the big boss and should have the power to overule such a decision.
I’m sure he does have the power, whether he decides to use it or not and why only he would know, or him and his boss.

I’m sure he does have the power, whether he decides to use it or not and why only he would know, or him and his boss.

Exactly. He might fear losing Soriano if he did as it might be viewed as undermining his position, but the buck stops with him. For me I think this increase is a huge own goal.by the club. We are all feeling the effects of inflation, every week I go shopping it seems everything has gone up 20-30p per item. Then we have mortgage and fuel increases on top. It would be seen as the club actually caring for the fans, something they keep telling us they do. This just smacks of, "Yeah we know you're struggling, we've heard your concerns but screw you, pay up or move aside."

Exactly. He might fear losing Soriano if he did as it might be viewed as undermining his position, but the buck stops with him. For me I think this increase is a huge own goal.by the club. We are all feeling the effects of inflation, every week I go shopping it seems everything has gone up 20-30p per item. Then we have mortgage and fuel increases on top. It would be seen as the club actually caring for the fans, something they keep telling us they do. This just smacks of, "Yeah we know you're struggling, we've heard your concerns but screw you, pay up or move aside."
It’s been like that for years. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the club do not give a flying fuck about regular ‘legacy’ fans and haven’t since the takeover. If they could guarantee to fill the fill the stadium at every game with day trippers paying £250 a ticket they would fuck us off in a heartbeat. To think anything else is total misplaced loyalty bordering on utter delusion. So it’s pay up and shut up or just fuck off! It’s that simple.

As you know I'm in 1894.

I have attended meetings with the other 1894 lads and City in the past.

TBH I'm not at that level in 1894 to attend meetings with the club anymore. My choice. The other 1894 lads are more than capable of doing that and they do. They don't need me. I‘m happy to help with the displays, etc, and put my ideas and thoughts over to the other 1894 lads when needed

If I was asked to attend a meeting with the club in the future by the lads running 1894, I would politely decline. I don't think they'd be offended? :-)

I've had first hand experience of how these meetings work. Even though the conversations are very cordial, I felt they were nothing more than a talking shop, where decisions had already been made by the club prior to the meetings. I came away from the meetings feeling frustrated, disillusioned and disappointed with the outcome of the meetings. I'm not saying that happens all the time as I haven’t attended a meeting with the club for a long time.

TBF to the club they do work with 1894 with the displays as well as helping 1894 out. I will never criticise the club for that. And the club deserve a lot of credit for that.(let's end on a positive note)

Last edited:
It’s been like that for years. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the club do not give a flying fuck about regular ‘legacy’ fans and haven’t since the takeover. If they could guarantee to fill the fill the stadium at every game with day trippers paying £250 a ticket they would fuck us off in a heartbeat. To think anything else is total misplaced loyalty bordering on utter delusion. So it’s pay up and shut up or just fuck off! It’s that simple.
Unfortunately that is spot on.

Every club that signed up to the European Super League were complicit in it. 10,000,000 subscribers to a tv channel gives them a huge amount of income. Within reason, most businesses don’t care who their customers are. They’re spending money.

Football is all about opinions but I don’t know a single person who was in favour of the ESL. As much as I hate Liverpool, I walked up to Anfield on their protest night and stood side by side with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.