Season Tickets - 2023/24

Btw can anyone tell me how much does a season ticket cost?

If Blues struggle for home tickets, IMHO it’s madness not to join your local Supporters Club if you have a reliable one near you. Not for the myth of the Away allocations but for members sharing cheaper tickets amongst each other when they can’t get to games.

In the last 2 days I’ve sorted a Madrid at home and a pair of tickets for Leeds at home for a Dad and his lad. All for below FV.

If large numbers of people join a supporters club wouldn’t it make getting tickets much more difficult?

10 tickets being shared around 400 people instead of 200 for instance.

would that not annoy lots of supporters clubs as well? Hundreds of new members who are only there to get tickets

I think that idea is just a quick fix that doesn’t solve the problem and pushes it into the background. The Madrid game for example - that’s all on the club they just had to change the sales criteria.

If large numbers of people join a supporters club wouldn’t it make getting tickets much more difficult?

10 tickets being shared around 400 people instead of 200 for instance.

would that not annoy lots of supporters clubs as well? Hundreds of new members who are only there to get tickets

I think that idea is just a quick fix that doesn’t solve the problem and pushes it into the background. The Madrid game for example - that’s all on the club they just had to change the sales criteria.
Of course the Madrid issue on the Ckub and the increased demand we have generally.

Regarding Supporters Clubs, I’m talking about informal sharing of tickets that members have bought themselves. There’s always going to be a percentage of members who are away with work / family etc. That might be say 10% for a low profile game and 5% fir a high profile game. The percentages are likely to stay roughly the same if the Branch grows and can help more Blues.

This half and half scarfs making out it is only foreign fans that wear them is nonsense.
At the Arsenal game most of the Asians i saw were wearing City scarfs,granted most had stuff from the club store.
Dare i say it but most of the half and half scarf wearers were white.Not a fan of half and half scarfs but i think Johnny foreigner is getting a bad rap here.

I’m ok with match badges. I’ve a number from watching Wales Away including competitive matches. I guess international is less tribal. I’d get a half & half for a special match like a testimonial against a top or unique club but just for keeps. Never upon never for U****d, Liverpool etc. Just no.

Now I'm no longer involved in City Matters, I'm going to go public with this. I know, because I saw the board minutes, that back around September/October 2017, the subject of ticket prices was raised when planning for the following season. The board agreed that fans had been asked to absorb a number of price rises over the previous seasons and felt season ticket prices were high enough and shouldn't be increased.

Of course they were increased and I can guess who made that decision, in defiance of the board. Our CEO's view (and I've had this confirmed by a third party) is that while we're enjoying the success we're enjoying them we should expect to pay more to watch it.

I can also tell you that the same person was planning for a European Super League for a number of years prior to the botched announcement a couple of years ago. Had the cartel clubs not made such a mess of things, we'd have been balls deep in that enterprise. It wasn't the prospect of an ESL that frightened us off but the rather clueless attempt at implementing it.

We have a CEO who has £, $ and € signs where his iris and cornea should be.

Update - I've found the document and here's the verbatim minute.
"The Chairman said that there should be no increase in GA ticket prices going forward as the fans' tolerance limit had been reached. Any price increases would have to be confined to premium seating."

Last edited:
Oh dear. Think you’re done. Some of your points factually incorrect eg you can have a ST if you’ve no smart phone.
Some? You mean one? You are right but they don’t exactly make it easy. The lady behind me stopped going as printing wasn’t an option for her. One of the chaps I go with is one of a handful who were persistent enough to get a season card after a tedious exchange of emails, phone calls and visit to the club.

If you’re being pedantic I believe The Premier League might have introduced rules about it. My point is City enforced it veciferously and didn’t exactly go out of their way to help the older fans.

Oh dear, I’m done? Ffs.

Now I'm no longer involved in City Matters, I'm going to go public with this. I know, because I saw the board minutes, that back in 2017, the subject of ticket prices was raised round this time of year, when planning for the following season. The board agreed that fans had been asked to absorb a number of price rises over the previous seasons and felt season ticket prices were high enough and shouldn't be increased.

Of course they were increased and I can guess who made that decision, in defiance of the board. Our CEO's view (and I've had this confirmed by a third party) is that while we're enjoying the success we're enjoying them we should expect to pay more to watch it.

I can also tell you that the same person was planning for a European Super League for a number of years prior to the botched announcement a couple of years ago. Had the cartel clubs not made such a mess of things, we'd have been balls deep in that enterprise. It wasn't the prospect of an ESL that frightened us off but the rather clueless attempt at implementing it.

We have a CEO who has £, $ and € signs where his iris and cornea should be.
Thanks for sharing. Confirms some suspicions I’ve had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.